Folks that want a 'non-True Box' server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Mar 18, 2024.

1. markkk Lorekeeper

i remember clearly i would log 1 account in and then the next account log in would kick the first one out on rizlona.
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Aradune actually broke DBG it was so big. Melted the entire server and all DB games wereoffline for like 3 days. Not just EQ1 - all of them. Bigger then Mischief ever was at launch.

It was the covid server - no one had anything better to do in 2020 - it's success isn't really attributed to the ruleset but rather the year when nonsense reigned supreme and a nod to Brad.
    Ddezul likes this.
  3. Ddezul Augur

Then why didn't Rizlona have the same overcrowding?
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

The gap was not as big as you claim, but it existed, the reason is more Attributed to being named after Brad McQuaid's character "Aradune" than true box. There are old post on forums on reddit. talking about the servers launch. Your memory is tainted because you want to believe True Box is your savior....

Just like the difference between recent servers and Ragefire is about instances not true box....but you keep up that good fight....lmao
  5. Ddezul Augur

Disagree. There was a huge discrepancy between Aradune and Rizlona pops immediately.

Best of luck in your quest.
  6. Kahna Augur

... I literally gave you post citations to back up that Aradune was wildly more popular than Rizlona and you are still claiming their populations weren't that far off? 3-4 times more populated, and that was not about a name. Unless you think people really hung out in 4+ hour long queues when there was another brand new server they could have instantly logged on to just because of a name.
  7. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Because everyone wanted to play on Brad's server...and back at that time - bot armies were still a sore memory from the fippy/ragefire/lockjaw days when they tormented everyone.

As a common ground - most people would agree that true boxing drastically reduces the 40 man bot crews from "public spaces" so to speak because they would be reported non-stop. Nothing worse then trying to land a spot at O/U Chardok and 18 mages are down there.

That being said - it didn't prevent them from existing, they found work arounds. They just level up differently and exist in the form of DZ raiders, the Sirens Grotto support team that gives us all cheap gems and succor through the zone, and PL armies.

It is also true that true boxing only hurts people who box 3 to 6. Truebox did not reduce the number of people who box 1 or 2 extra characters at all. It just made it annoying if we aren't professional techies who know how to circumvent everything.

I would not prefer a server with open boxing rules.
    I would not prefer a server with truebox rules.

The middle ground?

A server with Relaxed Truebox at the launch. - it still solves the bot army issue in open contested exp areas and stops hurting the casual / relaxed boxers just trying to get some stuff done when its convenient for them.

If relaxed truebox is not an option...and they do a boxing allowed vs truebox server - this time I will land on the boxing server. I think you would see the boxing server be more popular this time around.

I understand despising the botters with armies - there is a major difference between the guy soloing NTOV/Kael Drakkel with 54 toons fully scripted and selling Loot rights vs the guy running a Monk/Sham/Bard to get stuff done on his own. You really don't understand that do you? The 54 bot dude is allowed to exist on TLP because that is 54 subs. If that is the cost of keeping this game alive - so be it.

Just keep them out of the open world, epic camps, and exp spots. (exception to the SG support team - they are the real heroes)
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  8. Kahna Augur

Seeing as how they made the rather drastic (for them) choice of switching all truebox servers to relaxed truebox I have a feeling relaxed truebox is the new standard for truebox.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

No I said it was bigger according all the reading I could find on it...it was not as much bigger as many here want to claim....and the reason was due to being named Aradune not True Box.
  10. Kahna Augur

What part of Aradune still had queues after 3+ weeks and Rizlona was dipping into medium population after 5 days screams they had similar populations and it was only the name that drew people to Aradune.

What evidence do you have to back up your claims?
  11. Ddezul Augur

You're wrong on this.
  12. Ddezul Augur

I think adding 1 box per 'main' expac (starting at PoP) would be a decent 'medium' solution.
  13. Kahna Augur

Well, you get 3 at OOW and as many as you want in TBS.
  14. Ddezul Augur

So you'd be getting a head start.
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

You demand evidence from me and you just post your claims....LMAO (Go do your own research)

Lets see your EVIDENCE that there were queues for over 3 weeks....and lets really see your evidence that Rizlona was at medium population by day 5.....lol

I already conceded Aradune was larger in population LONG ago, WHERE WE DISAGREE was it was due to True Box, it was due to Brad McQuaid's character name and he had recently passed away. And I laugh that the discrepancy is near what you are claiming....lol

YOU want the reason to be True Box, I really do not care...but I believe it had a LOT more to do with Brad than True Box. believe what you like...
  16. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Farmers go to the newest servers because in the first few weeks of a new server krono are dirt cheap, they buy low and sell high...
  17. Ddezul Augur

bahaahahahah
  18. fransisco Augur

Same idea, the ruleset of the server is irrelevant. All the krono buyers and sellers go to whatever is the new tlp, cause thats where all the sales are.
  19. Kahna Augur

I did my own research, if you had also done research finding citations to support your claim would not be difficult. I posted these links in a previous post from you, you ignored them there, I imagine you will do the same here.

Aradune launched on 27 May and still had queues on 19 June.
    Rizlona launched on 27 May and was dipping into Medium population during off hours by 1 June
    Ddezul likes this.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Another person here claimed the queues lasted about a week, you claim over 3 weeks.

The reason is not because of True Box...that is the part you want to try and escape...LMAO

FOR THE INCREDIBLY HARD HEADED...

You could claim Aradune is still having queues today...it would be because it was named after Brad's character not because of True Box...

And the reason for any extended queues was COVID and everyone trapped at home....lol