2 things TLP Guilds don't need to succeed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SnapVine, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Ishbu Augur

Imagine being illiterate and thinking the post you are replying to discussed difficulty to any degree at all.
    xxar likes this.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

No, the post I replied to you was you talking about underfoot is too hard to do unless you funnel all gear to tanks.
  3. Riler Devour New Member

Because no class is useless in the hands of a good player, and players take a month or so to prove themselves useless. Those same people are usually the ones complaining about "fair loot" for their Druid that casts 4 buffs and 6 heals during a 4 hour VT raid. The worst of these players take the time to start threads about not getting raid loot after casting 3 spells all night. Unfortunately, most guilds don't have a mechanism for removing such players once they reveal themselves, so we all get to roll our eyes when they complain.

I can imagine which category you must fall in.
  4. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

Crummy players need a home too lol
    Usually they weed themselves out if any competent officer team is running a parser to see WTF they are doing the entire raid.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Usually we carry them for 5+ expansions because their spouse/best friend plays a class we need so badly it's better to put up with it.
    25thAnniBaby and Dominate like this.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Also, while were talking about stuff guilds don't need to do, there's only 1 item in the entire game should should ever be reserved for a specific class. Blade of Carnage for warriors during SoV. Everything else, if your class is listed on it you should be allowed to bid on it.
  7. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

I think on mangler i had....11? items reserved over the course of Classic->DoD. And the only ones that really mattered in the end were the first one (the first Shield of the Immaculate goes to the guild bank to be sold so we don't take coin/gems from raids anymore, i think we got 3), the Blade of Carnage, and the last one (Necros get 2.5 piece). Honestly you could go either way on almost everything, but it ended up working for us.
  8. coltongrundy Augur

There's not much necros need to save DKP for in DOD, 2.5 is such a huge upgrade for them that will last so long they should be spending their DKP on that anyway. Only reason BOC should be reserved is because warriors don't have many other agro options and they still have a ton of other slots that they need to upgrade.
  9. SnapVine Augur

sounds like we're hearing from some guilds that don't do a lot of item funneling and reserving in their dkp systems. do you guys wipe all the time because your tanks are in wet paper bags or do things generally work out for you?
  10. coltongrundy Augur

Of course it works out. This kind of reply is exactly why it needs to stop. Think about it for 1 second... How does your guild acquire that gear in the first place? By completing raids that drop it without already having it. You necessarily must be able to complete the raid without it before you can have it, and yet even after proving to yourself that you can do it, you're so brain washed that you don't think it's even possible to do something you've already done.

The guild I was in also reserved west tov armor and last bloods in dod for warrior/pal/sk. I play SK and got a full set of last blood and still thought that was dumb to put that rule in place to begin with. Whenever the items stopped being reserved it was still only warrior/pal/sk bidding on them anyway because everyone else understands there is better gear for them to spend their DKP on. If you're not a tank, you want east tov armor over west tov armor. If you're not a tank you want the stronger focus effects on dropped gear in DoD/PoR/TSS and not last bloods and serpent essences just because they are higher AC.
    Yinla, MileyVyrus, OldTimeEQ1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Kahna Augur

Does any guild actually struggle with any of the content in this game? Especially in the early game? Underfoot gave my guild a bit of a hard time, but they got through it. Gear just makes the raids go faster.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is one of the best takes I think I've ever seen on the forums.
    MileyVyrus and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  13. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

FACTS!
  14. Vlorg Augur

My guild do open world content.

just because we managed to do AoW with 70 people on their mains during scheduled hours doesn't mean we would be able to do him with 30 sleepy people and random boxes when he pop at 2 AM.

Funneling gear to warrior allow us to do content with fewer people instead of waiting around hoping more people log on. All those open world target also mean we get a lot more loot as a whole, so the 'casual' people in the guild end up with way more loot than they would in a AOC-only guild who doesn't funnel loot.

Also, your second comment about last blood is precisely why officer need to be explicit about funnel : if everyone was smart, nobody but tank would bid on the high-AC item. But in a 70+ man guild, not everyone is smart. so you have to explicitly tell people that stuff like ring of destruction go to tanks first. The only people who have a problem with such a rule are people you don't want in your guild really.
    25thAnniBaby likes this.
  15. Genjo Lorekeeper

It always cracks me up on these type of posts.

Run a guild, take time out of your fun time to setup raids, build the groups, get the strats, spend numerous hours on people issues and politics, run the dkp site, setup and monitor the discord.

The people who do all these things get to benefit from the guild bank or loot determination, they should. It is the only real perk to doing on this.

If guildies who DO nothing to the guild going complain, go try to make your own. I am so apprecitive of the people who run my guild on oakwynd, hell I give them krono and try to help pay for stuff for all the effort they spend to keep my guild going.

These type of postd are made by the try-hards, self focused, loot obessed folks focuses on the concept that everything should be "fair". The work to maintain a guild aint fair, so the outcome shouldnt be as well.
    25thAnniBaby likes this.
  16. SnapVine Augur

if you're pushing open world and raiding AoW in era at 2am then I would tend to agree that you might start to see benefits and that your membership probably wouldn't have issues with the gear funneling anyways.

but if you're a semi casual dkp guild that only raids instances then i think the benefits are negligible and will just be sold as "making raids smoother" rather than something tangible like getting extra kills or opening new splits.
  17. SnapVine Augur

I've never actually seen guild leadership admit that the guild bank was specifically for their benefit, interesting
  18. Trevalon Augur

1) I think for the very early expansions having a small guild bank is useful though I agree looting gems for the entire Classic > Velious is probably not needed. The biggest expenses are Emeralds for DI (this is probably biggest), Pearls for CoTh, and then potions for certain fights (Like Bixie in Classic, these do help a ton).

That being said, once Luclin/PoP hits this is no longer necessary. My current guild had a bank up till around PoP (Though after Velious it was mostly to aggregate TS supplies to hand out to people/make items in pop for people that we then DKP out) but after PoP we basically dropped the guild bank and have had 0 money it since like OOW.

The only expense we have had on Mischief that the officers paid out of our own pocket were Banners (Which cost 10k a pop) which is not too bad, and one of our richer officers just spent 2million on them when they first came out and we are still using that supply to this day.

2) I have led guilds that have reserved lots of items (Looking at your Resolute) and guilds that have reserved no items (I dont 100% remember but I dont think we even reserved BoC's for warriors on Mischief, we left it all to the market). Up till Underfoot it was perfectly fine. Now, Underfoot was different and we did have to funnel some of the T2 items to warriors to get us over the creation hump, because frankly prior to getting them that armor they were literally being 1 shot. You couldn't heal through it and if we didnt get them some better stuff we would have never been able to complete Underfoot.

I can see guilds reserving BoC for Warriors because it is so impactful, but otherwise, I don't recall any other item needing to be reserved.

Interesting tidbit, I have bene in 1 guild (the one guild that I was not in leadership go figure), that DID pay their officers with guild funds. Mediumcore on Aradune paid the working officers (GL, DKP Officer, Raid Leader) 1 Krono a month for the work they do. I thought as a regular member this was perfectly fine and felt like for everything leadership does it is a good thing to do. As someone who has led a guild on every other server, I have never once asked to be paid or expect to be paid for what I have done.
  19. Celatusp99 Augur

Ok lol
  20. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

While I agree with most of the post you made, I disagree with the try-hard comment.

These posts are typically not from the Try-Hards but rather the "Casual Scum" whom provide nothing to said guild and expect the world in return.
    Every single guild I have been in, the main people who provide support to the guild were the "Try Hards" and "Boxers" whom had gone out of their way to get crap done that the regular nobody's would ignore requests from.
    Being a 6 boxer, I would regularly run Fear/Hate in classic and other clears on my own and holler for guildmates to come scrape up the sloppy leftovers that I would get.
    Gems / Bane Materials / Potion Mats / and anything else in between would usually get funneled to the people in the officer core in order to benefit the guild as a whole.
    IE: Tradeskills / Resist gear / Healing Pots / Bane Weps / You name it.

"Try Hards" get a bad rap because they are just "Better" and typically require 0 assistance from the guild other than raids.