Raising resists

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwisst, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Dwisst New Member

Is there anyway to raise resists above the cap you get per level ? My 120 chars are stuck at 950 and my 125 at 975 even tho the stats tab shows much higher values.
  2. fransisco Augur

stats have caps. You can do things to raise the cap somewhat, however you cannot remove the caps.
    You can do the mpg trials in muramite proving ground, that will raise your resist caps a bit. I'm unsure if DoN progression also will.
    However at the end of the day, with good gear you will generally be above the cap for stats.
    Dwisst likes this.
  3. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Resist stat doesn't really do anything these days. You will be at double the cap point and most raids are special mobs have a fixed chance of landing the spell so I don't even know if resist does anything. I am sure there are still some trash mobs with spells that use the stat but rarely is there a spell that resist will make a difference because the ones that still use the stat are harmless to you.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Aye, this is a bigger issue with resists. All effects will either be unresistable, have a resist mod greater than your stat cap, or have a special limited resist ability - where only a small amount can be resisted - say 5-15%.
    Similar issue is with stat caps, in that there is only 1 stat in the game that matters. Dex (hdex) is brokenly OP and is the only one that melee care about. All other stats (or all stats for casters) don't mean much. Focusing on any non-dex stat for melee is bad, and no stat decision matters for casters.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

For the longest time resists mean nothing as there either something like -1000 check or cant be resisted.
  6. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

At some point resists really just became a fake stat. Kind of sad because it wouldn't have been that hard to keep them relevant even if they didn't affect the primary mechanics of raid encounters.
  7. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Normal stats and resist stats are all just kind of pointless. I don't even have raid gear and my resist are like 2000/950. So even if you get a debuff to lower your resist by 1000 it would still be max. The same for normal stats too. I think they would be better off removing normal stats from the game and replacing them with only heroic stats since those are the only ones that matter and aren't 3x maxed without trying.

Just think about how clean the UI for stats would be if you could remove half the stats on an item and only display those that matter. The UI for each item stats would be half the size and much easier to look at.
  8. Kyzvs Augur

For the parts of the game you play that's 100% correct. For the old game where quite a few folk like to hang out, normal stats still matter a bit.
  9. JetZeppelin2h Augur

True but old school gear has no heroic stats so gear under level 90 or something you can leave the normal stats but any gear after level 90 they should just hide normal stats or maybe just make a checkbox to hide all the stats that don't matter.
  10. fransisco Augur

So it would only show hp, mana, ac, and hdex. Cause honestly nothing else matters
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

But then the BiS, have to be the best, OCD types would burn these forums up. Like why having a guitar amp that goes to 11 sort of thing is absolutely mandatory.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Mine goes to 12 because I don't like odd numbers so I didn't want one of the ones that only went to 11.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

In the beginning there was math and equations ruled the game, but then they meddled with things,
    fixed things, added features and finally bugged the fixes to fix the bugs.

If you have enough hp and can regenerate fast enough does anything matter.

Its hit hard, hit often and hope they can't keep up.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I remember having a full set of blue diamond resist gear.

Those were the days.
    fransisco and Nennius like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I still have mine. Just can't let them go. I have my Fishbone Earring too.