problem with evolving ruleset tlp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Apr 2, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I played all through TSS...my original two box were both 80 when I stopped.

I did not like TSS..

And boy you're right how dare I refuse to play EQ beyond TSS...

someone should just take me out back and beat the sh*t out of me....LMAO
  2. Kahna Augur

Deciding that is were you will stop playing is dying on a hill.

The expansions past PoR are fun. You are denying yourself fun raids because of armor you basically don't ever need to interact with if you are playing each expansion and maxing them out. In fact they will only ever drop for you if you are slumming it an expansion or three behind, or leveling an alt. You could just leave it on the corpse and never pick it up. Of all the things to make something "stop being EQ" defiant armor is a strange cutoff. If you said Mercs I could understand (though I love mercs), but defiant?
  3. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

TSS only took us to 75, I actually played to level 80..I did play TSS was where I quit raiding...

Again it was not dying on a hill I played a TLP beyond that...left in OoW...came back again for Oakwynd.

I quit RIGHT before MERCENARIES came to be...and glad I did...The difference between Defiant Armor and Mercenaries is like 6 months....LMAO
  4. Basak Augur

Spawn timers no, I could get behind a DZ timer decrease but 50% no, maybe 10%

Again, 50% no. More like 10% and you good.

This looks good except the 50% being too high, but I like the faction that it currently is but I think even that is too high at 25%, bring it to 10% and good to go.

I agree here except the 50% should be 10% to not make it so high.

People that enjoy playing the game would care.
  5. Kahna Augur

Mercs make the game much more enjoyable. You should give them a try.
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I two box, and enjoy the game just fine.

I will never be on a server that has mercenaries...
  7. Basak Augur

Subjective. I do not enjoy mercs outside AFK grinding.
  8. Arclyte Augur

Solution: continue playing the server you like instead of hopping to the new TLP
    Secondary solution: 2 year TLP cycle :)
  9. SnapVine Augur

If you're saying evolving bonuses are the reason people stay, that doesn't make much sense. There's still people on Mischief and they don't have evolving bonuses, so there must be some incentive but I admit I don't know what it is. I agree there needs to be extra incentive to stay around for all the bad expansions. I've never played any of them and I don't think anyone has. Maybe a good set of opening bonuses and then some evolving stuff after the good expansions are over.
  10. Fideles Journeyman

DZ timer reduction was already tried and did more harm than good. Double the loot is a far better option than a 50% time reduction.
    Arclyte likes this.
  11. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

Spawn timers in classic are outrageous, 50% would allow for people to actually stack in camps like LGuk and be able to have NPCs to kill consistently.
    Unrest is another zone that is easily clearable by 1-2 competent groups and allowing a decrease would make it sustainable for more people.
    Same goes for almost all grouping zones from Classic-Velious.
    The Velious timers would also allow for more OW ToV clears for gear, while making the clear a bit more challenging for the slower pace guilds that try it in OW.

DZ timers is more of a preference for people whom want to clear more content and not compete for OW targets.
    You can clear all of classic in 2 raids, so allowing for more is not a bad thing!

I think 50% is a good number overall, it takes into account the TLP curve and if people who are hardcore are finished it gives people the chance to level alts.

PoP forward is dead to me and 1000s of others, I do not see any beneficial bonus's that they would enjoy other than ones I already listed.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

For me, post DoDH, population issues get real. My playtime is way Off-peak.
    Mischief had pugs going even in DoN, which was amazing. I had to take a break for a bit, which I regret now. Wish I had stayed on in Mischief, which after Phinegel, in my fav TLP till date in terms of population.

I played on Oakwynd from release till a month ago, when I stopped as it became a ghost town esp. during my play hours. I play a LOT, just not US evenings. Unlike Mischief, EU population seems very little on Oakwynd.

Anyway, looking forward to 25th, hoping it is as popular as Mischief and if so, I am in for the long slog!