Lunatic Title

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shay, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I stand corrected. I do not understand how hacking EQ works. I do not want to understand it, either.

I will admit I could be wrong on this.

Please feel free to disregard any of my posts on any hacking EQ issue.

And, no, I'm not going to change my PC clock to see if it can fool EQ.
    Nennius and Kalvenie like this.
  2. Kalvenie Elder

I received on two characters this year. One (similar to previous poster) a bazaar mule that does not move - got it on load up, and the other a character porting into PoK from a gate :)
  3. Bernel Augur

I also got it on my bazaar mule but none of my other characters. Maybe it's because all my other characters have max buffs on them while the bazaar mule has none. Maybe my other characters didn't have an available buff slot for the buff to land. Next year I'll have to make sure I have a few free buff slots.
  4. KarmaKitty Augur

Cool, another painting for the guild hall (or house).
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Think of the auction possibilities.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

No cat room this year for me. The character selection background theme got also messed up a few times.
    Year of Darkpaw -> Summer (for April, 1st) -> Spring

I just tested changing the clock and it works for the character selection themes. Might not work for the Lunatic suffix and achievement.

Does show the summer theme here instead the cat room. Worked last year but now it is broken.
  7. Bilderov Augur

I spent 45 minutes porting between EWTK and Dead Hills and didn't get the emote. (this is literally zone-in / zone-out repeat).

Fortunately, I did this whilst I was playing another game so I didn't really lose anything. However, having an 'event' that only exists on a single day of the year and making it completely chance-driven is a bit poor.

I had planned to get it for each of the houses on my accounts but I just lost interest after 45 minutes.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Actually, given that one of the rewards is to be called a lunatic, it is right where it ought to be.
    Herodotus likes this.
  9. Marton Augur

Considering the amount of time/effort people have to spend if they want max TS for Artisan Prize, slayer, hunter, evolving items, personas etc anyone engaging in any of that can be safely called a lunatic :D.

No need to zone 254756 times.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Rolaque Ancient

And to think I had already gotten the title and didn't realize just how special it was. Silly druid.
  11. Shay Apprentice

I managed to get it in the end, but it took forever. :)
  12. Hegsheoshed Augur

I just did this on a character that I gave up on doing this on this year. I guess I should say I didn't do this. I clicked on the painting until the character was sent to Shard's Landing. Received the traveler's achievement for Shard's Landing and nothing else. No painting given, no faux message in reward window since there was no painting given. Getting the painting outside of April Fool's Day may have been the real bug.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your lucky....clicking the painting and going to Shard's Landing is how you get the bugged version. And the odds are not better than just using the books in pok
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

It was last year or the year before I got the characters that had the painting but no title caught up by also doing traveler's achievements filling gaps. I still wish there was a secret area with Bristlebane's giant coin or something that when clicked on would send you somewhere random and give the achievement and title year round.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

A day later and the painting in the reward window caught up. It might have been the logging out and logging back in also.