Could today be THE day...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

They already said they aren't the same ruleset and just deviating on the box setup isn't exactly the variation they are alluding too.
  2. Zansobar Augur

So today might actually be THE day!
  3. Zansobar Augur

Where did you read this? All I've seen is the interview where they say they are bringing back their most popular TLP rulesets.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

They said they are bringing back the most popular rule sets... the ones I listed are the most popular...
  5. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

At PAX - may have been an offline question type deal. But it was asked and answered.

It also won't be Oakwynd rules they said I believe. So anyone believing those are most popular are deluding themselves into what they prefer.

Most assuredly one of them is some sort of Aradune/Mischief/Selos hybrid and possibly throw in FTE if they are happy with it.

They are going to right the wrongs of the 20th Anniversary where it had so much potential but was just poorly thought out.

e.g. Double loot on Selos would have been far superior to 1/2 raid lockouts..etc etc
  6. Crabman Augur

well, technically the non-truebox server of rizlona was the least popular ruleset to date other than miragul. but with 2 servers then maybe that will be a distinction. hopefully we find out within 48 hours
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think both will be FTE regardless of the variable rule set. That is not because of player but because of DBG and the CSR nightmare to non FTE servers.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Starting to agree with that, FTE has it's annoyances but it improved exp camps for the most part. I recall being told that legacy xp and expansion bonuses are a no go as they wanted to leave some reason for people to still play oakwynd if thats why they rolled up there.
  9. Zansobar Augur

I would be amazed if all servers going forward are not FTE enabled.
    Fideles and fransisco like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

This very much. It makes most players happy to not get KS'd. Its not perfect, but its better than no FTE.
    Most players also aren't on the boards, and most players are not the same 10 people making thread after thread railing against how FTE hurts krono farming
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think Legacy XP is a solid bonus, I think FTE is just going to be. I do not think anything can save Oakwynd...I will actually be surprised if there is more than a single guild after the next server launches.

I truly hope for a relaxed box FTE Free Trade and Random Loot myself, Legacy XP is not a big thing for me as I box and do not level ALTS.

IF there is not a FTE option I will be done only hanging around atm to see what the new rules sets will look like sounds like they are insistent on two servers which I think is not a great idea unless they are just completely different from one another.
    maxisbored likes this.
  12. Fizon Augur

We already have a ton of circle jerk threads about how good FTE is and it makes the game so much better and this is how Jesus would want EQ to be by the same 4 people. Y'all can relax
    maxisbored likes this.
  13. SnapVine Augur

yea and i'm resting up for the 2x FTE server announcement meltdown so I can spread the good word again
    maxisbored likes this.
  14. Zansobar Augur

Thank Goodness! I was beginning to worry that DPG didn't understand the positive impact FTE has had on the game and how it reduced their CS costs considerably.
  15. Demetri Augur

It's actually more of the inverse of that - there's a half dozen loud detractors spamming a thousand messages, while there's a host of random people with varying levels of support from: "It needs improvement, but it is a step forward" (most) up to "OMG, It's the best thing ever!" (a fraction)
    Indigo_Quarmite and Raytheon like this.
  16. Raytheon Augur

Exactly Dem haha. Its like 5 kronolords complaining about it and everyone else enjoying actually getting a desired camp every once in a while.
  17. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think if they take OW RAID targets off FTE...and leave all other regular and named mobs on FTE, it is inconvenient to Power Levelers but the positives get me around that....lol

I would rather see a single server unless it has heavy queues. Make it True Box if you must but relaxed box would be better. IF they make both I will play on true box and box my dru/enc combo.
  18. Ysu9 Apprentice

FTE is not a ruleset.

You will always see it on TLPs from here on out, it's a part of the game now.
  19. Zansobar Augur

Even Monsters & Memories is incorporating it into their upcoming game.
  20. Gremin Augur

Announce the server rulesets already! I need time to mull over if I am going to play on them.
    Yinla likes this.