Fixed Spell Bar Lockup

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ruhpez, Mar 29, 2024.

1. fortuneteller Augur

no not, also in the anniv mission where drakes spawn
  2. fransisco Augur

I was having this to on my enchanter. Was not in combat, was just casting an illusion on my pet. Every time I would have to log out and back in. It happened 3 times. Zero combat after logging in, just attempt to cast (illusion didn't cast) and spell lockup
    Silvena likes this.
  3. Drakang Augur

Happened to multiple people on raids making life fun.,
  4. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I'm experiencing this on an enchanter during raids, I haven't noticed in solo play at all. Can we get a response on this, possibly revert the changes from Friday? Its going to make raids very annoying.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

Happened to my shaman in the guild hall Saturday morning. I had clicked on the Brownie pet metamorph thing and it locked up the spell gems. I did the usual stuff to break the "casting" loop and tried it again. It locked up casting again. I didn't think much of it and went on with life.

Our Saturday night raids had multiple people complaining of gems being greyed out. Some zoned/logged to fix the issue.
  6. Lodestar The Undefeated

Can you be more specific? Grouping when, and doing what, at what point, which boss, etc. in Pal Lomen?

All of the NPC load-in hitching is completely solved thus far that I've noted.

Of course, there are other issues being discussed in this thread that are not fixed and are unintended consequences of fix/improvement to NPC load-in hitching.
  7. Zeelot Elder

Having the same issues with clickies not working and locking up spells. Having the issue with same items reported & also Gnomework Survival Suit
  8. Shendare New Member

I am also running into this while trying to click on an item with an item AA buff (specifically Form of Endurance III on a Veil of Coiling Darkness, in my case).

Spell bar locks up and I can't cast anything or /stopcast or any other /stop command.

Using an AA activated spell (Perfected Invis) unlocks the spell bar at least, but the item AA is not added to my character.
  9. Zephur-ECI Journeyman

Same issue tonight in Moors of Nokk raid. Did not have any problems in the 25th anniversary raid.
    Some people can not even get a rez after reboot due to some issue this caused.
  10. Febb Augur

Is anything being logged to dbg.txt file in the log folder when this happens?
  11. Cairbrae Developer

We've identified the issue and were working on a fix. Thanks for your patience.
    fransisco, Kalvenie, Ankarv and 3 others like this.
  12. scaethach Scholar

I'm not having the raid issue, though 1/3 to half of the guild members in both guilds I've raided with have. I have had my spell bar lock up in the guild hall though so there's definitely multiple things happening.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Killing for the Conquerers and Lieutenents it was freezing on most mobs. It was freezing at around 95% and comming back at 25% ish, we were thankful we were using a healer merc as no player would have healed threw that.
  14. Dewd Master

The hotfix today which was
    "- Corrected an issue where activated item effects could lock out your spellbar."
    did not fix the issue.

In the guild hall (the fancy ones) item clickies do not function. I am a warrior so I don't have a spell bar and I am still affected by this desync.

A - Click an item w/ a shadow buff (in this example I am using Ring of the Dreamslayer)
    B - Cast bar appears and finishes cast of Shadow of Memories.
    C - No buff actually applies and all subsequent clicks do not function, no cast bar appears or anything, and all other item clicks will not function.
    D - Zone out into guild lobby.
    E - Click the Shadow Buff item. Expected functionality - Item works, cast bar appears and finishes cast, and buff applies to me. Able to spam click item, works as expected
    F - Zone back into guild hall, repeat step A, same results of desync/broken clicks.

Please repeat the above steps to see the issue.

Edit: 7 hours later I am no longer having the issue in the guild hall. So it seems fixed currently.
    Silvena likes this.
  15. Cairbrae Developer

Yes, you would have had to exit the game and run LaunchPad to patch the client.
    minimind likes this.
  16. Dewd Master

I was freshly patched when I initially posted that it was still occurring. I then went and did a few tasks and returned to guild hall 5 hours later and re-tested, to which I posted the edit that it was functioning normally.

I am not sure if my guild hall needed to collapse and spin up fresh (I did not check the /uptime the first test, but it was a fresh instance /uptime on the second test), or what exactly changed on the backend, but it was a very noticeable difference between the two.
    Kalvenie, minimind and Cairbrae like this.
  17. MiataDriver Augur

I just tried my gunthak swabby's eyepatch in the guild hall, and it still locked up my spells gems, zoned to Laurion's Inn, and tried again, and both it and the Jann's Veil worked fin in Laurion.