Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allayna, Mar 30, 2024.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Was in Pal'Lomen static zone at the Rallosian camp - where Dok spawns - and saw significant NPC spawn-in hitching. Over the course of a few hours, noticed hitching every spawn.

This isn't over.
    Tropi and Yinla like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

+1, tonight was the first raid we did since the hotfix. Lag was atrocious. Spell gems grayed out, cooldowns not working at all. This wasn't just for me, this was for several people in the raid.

I will say... the actual mob spawn hitching was better! But the resulting lag was a much worse issue, and if we have to have one or the other then just give us the spawn hitching, because this was terrible.
  3. Deillusional Augur

I didn't experience this personally but it seemed to be related to log files and additional processing on the zone server (I think) happened to at least 20 people in a 54 person raid yesterday. Are you delaying the logs for the optimisation or something? The people who experienced it doesn't lag at all normally. So the mob was dead and they were still on 50% of the boss hp. Sometimes people experienced the fight fine and didnt lag, but couldnt cast too. Maybe related to buffs ? Its definitely all related to the hotfix please revert?
    tanith and Kalvenie like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

this was the camp we were at a couple of days ago on AB and had the same thing.

certain places in zines? or zones themselves?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. Bonde New Member

I have experienced this issue after the AB server was relocated. Gems freeze up, and packets are queued up and RaidEvent is staggered into a +5 to 30min longer fight. Loots are being distributed via chatchannel and I am still at 45% on Boss.
    I had 2 clients in the same raid, one experienced this, the other not.
    A VPN change fixed this issue for me, so I guess its client connection to EQ.
    Kalvenie likes this.
  6. zhay Journeyman

i play on AB and normally have no lag , after hotfix i lag out . in the raid i took part in yesterday it was impossible to follow emote as well as use aa and song bar grayed out
    as i could not follow emoted i died , and lag was so bad that after i took rez box i could not chose to take where to come in - and ended in GL

as noted above my fight also had boss on 30-40% when rest of raid was doing loot in chat channels

and yes , for those who give advice about normal lag fix , i have turn most grafik off, i run my eq on a ssd disk , i hide most of battlespam when i raid, i do /clear all for windows in game , my logfile switch automaticly on 25Mb, only programs running are gina and EQ (1 client) and my antivirus are turned off when i raid. i am the only computer on my internet connection which is fiber

so roll back the hotfix or fix it, as it seem to break the game on AB when you raid

zhay
    tanith, Yinla and Kalvenie like this.
  7. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Same thing, same raid. I was lagging like crazy, I was tasked with calling moving out of the aura and my guild said I was quite delayed on the first couple. I /hidemodels all and the lag went away.
    Syndr likes this.
  8. Kalvenie Elder

As another example - casting Greater mass purify mana on enchanter, in PoK, lagged out for 12s after casting - spell bar un responsive. Then absolutely fine no issue.
  9. Zipe The Healer

I didn't try the group game but the raid game was totally unplayable yesterday.

It didn't happen to most of the players but I can see that it happened harder to some classes (mages, bards, rogues).

I don't know what you broke but I hope this isn't intended and that you'll emergency fix this, otherwise it'll be 1 month of vacations until next patch for most of us.
  10. blood & gufts Augur

Are people posting here most from AB or also a few from other servers ?
    Seems scaling down on AB server ?
  11. 0n0w1c New Member

Whatever changed since last evening has improved my situation today. I can now multi-box again, both GPU and VRAM utilization are much lower upon opening multiple logins.

Thank you!
  12. Jack Elder

Bristlebane
  13. Windance Augur

We ran some raids Saturday night (on bertox) and I didn't notice any significant changes (good or bad) with respect to lag. GINA seemed to call out emotes just fine for PoM. I have GINA set to archive my logs once a day. I had full chat spam on so I could parse the event.

I then did a single person test of Myconid Mutany. Prior to the out of cycle patch, when the mushroom spawned, I would get massive lag spikes. Even when I was the only one in zone. After the out of cycle patch I didn't notice any spawn lag.

My machine is showing its age but is still fairly good.
    i7-6700k @ 4Ghz
    1070 GTX
    1TB mvme drive.
  14. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Cazic
  15. Cairbrae Developer

Thanks for the feedback.

The time budget for processing client/server messages has been made more tunable and that budget was reduced to help eliminate NPC respawn lag spikes (as noted). The current value isn't scaling well enough for highly loaded, i.e. raid, zones and messages can queue (adding latency) on slower systems. The current value targets a nominal framerate for the client of 60Hz, but unfortunately that's too high for some systems. We'll tune the budget upwards and find a sweeter value.

For players experiencing new or increased lag, please PM me with your basic system specs. Thanks!
  16. Iuwene Augur

Will this also fix (potentially) the spell bar lockup ?
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you believe the issue is the the user's system, which part?
    Fanra likes this.
  18. tanith Augur

My computer is pretty much an antique - but usually happily runs 3 accounts (plus mercs) simultaneously with everything turned on.
    I lagged out totally since the patch - but only in raids. But so did others who have the latest and greatest computers

I had everything, including logging, turned off in the raid in an attempt to be able to play. Had zero impact.
  19. blood & gufts Augur

Need to make roll back from the hotpatch
    MiataDriver likes this.
  20. Kalvenie Elder

I don't know how to PM on this forum :)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
    RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GDDR6
    Cairbrae likes this.