Overseer - Fippy Darkpaw Not Present

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Brickhaus, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Brickhaus Augur

I've had a level 1 on Rizlona for awhile. When I first created him, I received the 5 common flags and 1 uncommon flag for Fippy purchase on the account on another server. But at the time, Overseer wasn't available on the server since it was pre-85 max level.

Since 85 heroics just appeared on Rizlona, I decided to upgrade the character. Opened the overseer window and was able to redeem the common and uncommon flags as expected. But Fippy Darkpaw agents does not appear on the list.

I logged out of the account. Deleted the 85 heroic character and remade it. Still no Fippy.

What can I do to get Fippy?
    Barton-Vox and Mithra like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its supposed to be a recruitment quest in the quest list, not the actual agent until you do the quest.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Huh?

I bought the Overseer Fippy pack on the account in question. It gives you Fippy as an agent automatically plus the 5 common, 1 common agent flags. Then they changed the way it works so that if the account is flagged, the Fippy pack shows up on other servers when you first log in a toon.

The Fippy recruitment quest is a red herring. It shows up for folks who have bought Fippy, but would have Fippy already. Which means it's kinda useless usually since you cannot convert extra Fippies.

I've found an edge case for the redeem on other servers post purchase. We'll see what they want to do about it.
  4. Mithra Augur

I have the same issue that it seems impossible to acquire the Fippy Darkpaw agent since I bought the pack on a previous TLP server.

When I logged on new server last year it gave the achievement and the common agent packs but Fippy was not autogranted as Overseer wasnt available.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

I've got some free heroics and was messing around a bit with accounts that had not been active on other servers. It seems if you use the heroic on the first character you make for a server at character select ... Fippy does show up (along with flags).

So until we get an answer/help, I can tell you that if you are going to start Overseering (it's a word) on a new server, have a heroic and use it at character select to get your Fippy agent.
  6. Arial New Member

Yeah, I'm having the same problem - I bought Fippy long ago, and when the patch hit on July 2022 to make it into an achievement, I didn't get him on the servers where my character wasn't 85 yet. Now that I'm long past 85, I still don't have him and I still have not seen any sort of recruitment mission for him, and it's been maybe a year since I was 85! I don't understand how this is supposed to work - IMO it should immediately give him to you when the first char on the server hits 85, or make sure to give you the recruitment quest once a month or something if you have the achievement and don't have have him yet. As it is now, it seems we are just out of luck?

There's another thread about this but unfortunately there wasn't a dev response there either so I don't know what the status is:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/where-is-my-starter-set-for-overseer.292272/
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just wondering, is there any reason to really want Fippy other than, well, he's Fippy!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To get the Gnomish Hovering Transport!!!!!

NM that was Marica Marica Marica!
  9. Arial New Member

There might be other reasons that people have, but for myself, he's part of the Overseer Starter Bundle and it's super helpful to immediately have an elite agent if you're starting out from zero with Overseer on a server and trying to build up agents. It's true that after you have a bunch of agents, perhaps he's not as impactful gameplay wise, but Fippy is cool and I bought him so I want him now that I'm past 85 and can do Overseer. :D The character (who is 92) has the Fippy achievement which explicitly states "Fippy Darkpaw will be added to your Overseer collection." when I hit "View Reward" but Fippy is nowhere to be found.

[IMG]
  10. Mithra Augur

Helps having an Elite agent starting out, as this will continue to be a problem for me on future TLP servers it would be nice to have fixed.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i bought the fippy way back in the day and got the fippy agent. I also get fippy recruit quest time to time but its extremely rare to get though. Think ive only seen it twice. But then again any elite recruit quests are pretty rare.