LDON level range

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Abbydog, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

While I understand and actually fully support not making changes to established content, could we get a review of level ranges for participating in LDONs? The current 10 level restriction seems to fly in the face of all other content which allows a maximum of 25 levels at max level.
  2. JetZeppelin2h Augur

If you are going to change something make it 30 since that is the max level range of grouping and LDON are group content (well there are some raids but noone really does those).
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Abbydog Journeyman

Is 30 the max range for grouping? I thought it was 25. That was the intent of my post was to make it consistent with exp grouping.
  4. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Yea 30 is the max level range. So a 125 can group with a 95.

level + (level / 2) = max group level with a cap of 30 max
    60 + (60/2) = 90 max group
    90 + (90/2) = 135 (but capped at 120 due to 30 level max)
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The formula for grouping as it scale from a minimum of 5 levels to a maximum of 30 levels

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Grouping_Level

When LDoN was released the max level gap would have been 22 levels for a level 43 to group with a max level 65.
  6. fransisco Augur

In the ama, it was mentioned they are VERY hesitant about changing old content, that there needs to be a very good reason, and not just a convienence.
    The only reason to push this above 10 levels is power leveling. I'd rather dev time not be wasted on that. There are many ways to pl
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Jan 14, 2020

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/north-ro-ldon-broke.262243/

And considering you only need 3 - you, a merc and someone standing around in the lobby or baz ....well not hard
    Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  9. Abbydog Journeyman

Well I asked for 25 and got 20 with very little effort. Also, I was told there would be no math.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

But its very simple change
    ctrl f group algrothim
    find the 30, backspace
    save

goto ticket system, log 5minutes of work.
    drag and drop into the QA

then goto chat and say done, any other tasks you want me to do
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They already changed it
  12. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

the raids are actually done more then enough miragul still drops best type 5 tank shield aug 35 ac
    and i think they still drop the 15% type 8 that some caster use still
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

CatsPaws likes this.