2 things TLP Guilds don't need to succeed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SnapVine, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Tyranthraxus Grognard

On the tank end the best options I've seen personally are just feeding the tanks bonus dkp, in various ways. And flagging things like BoC as war only.

Without extra dkp you always end up with a dkp curve where your main tanks are sitting around 0 dkp, and spending everything they have, while silkies are sitting at max and getting loot for minimum bids.

If your Tanks are getting 1 rounded, it doesn't matter how well geared the rest of the force is. You aren't gearing anyone if you can't take down the boss. I've seen several guilds die to this mentality on mangler as good tanks and healers got frustrated and left.
  2. SnapVine Augur

I don't think a BoC is a good example of tank loot that shouldn't be restricted. a BoC is basically useless to any non-war and clearly benefits everyone in the guild a lot when the wars have it. it should be restricted.

a ring of destruction would be a better example, and I would say they should just immediately go to normal distribution. I just don't think its going to make enough of a difference to micro-manage who it goes to. your time is better spent figuring out how to get more loot and gearing up the guild as a whole rather than making and following a complex flow chart for optimal loot distribution for every piece of armor.

I would caveat that if meriting a few items from the first raid or two of a zone immediately translates into opening a second split, then that's an obvious benefit everyone will see and I could get behind that. but if its a vague notion of "tanks are priority cus they take the hits" and the guild is barely split raiding anyways, then nah.

I've never been in a guild with enough transparency on their plat guild bank that I felt the bank was justified. some of the descriptions above are interesting, where they re-distribute the un-used money later. for me usually its just 1 person grabbing all the gems and everyone going along with it.

as for being in a guild where i "don't trust the officers," I don't think a plat guild bank is an issue worth leaving over. raid times + days and loot system seem more important than that, especially on a server with fewer guild options, but I was always curious why everyone goes along with it.
  3. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

As long as the guild is clear on the approach going in it shouldn't matter.

That being said, RoD doesn't really benefit the guild when it goes to a wizard. That 100mana boost isn't going to change the outcome of a fight but a 30ac 100hp 7resist all is surely going to help your tanks.

Just have to be accepting that loot is going to be wasted in pure DKP systems and if you are racing for firsts, you might hinder yourself.

Big picture, in any event is that this is only relevant in Velious and PoP if you are pushing PoTime in 24 hours your tanks need some of that EP gear. There is zero need to funnel anything in classic/kunark/luclin or post PoP initial push.

If you have mischief style loot with randomization and bonus drops like crazy then it's all irrelevant - normal loot pure dkp and everyone will get things.
    SnapVine and 25thAnniBaby like this.
  4. Zansobar Augur

I have zero problem with guild leadership taking gems or such from raids. The management of a guild is not a simple task and I admire those that take it on to make others' game experience more enjoyable. Heck I would pay real life money to support a guild as long as the leadership was honest and honorable and it improved my enjoyment of the game.
  5. jeskola pheerie

We're 50 bro we have other crap to do
    Fideles and Yinla like this.
  6. SnapVine Augur

i basically agree :p

so lets just be happy with the progress we're making and not make up arbitrary rules to gear up a few warriors when its a semi-casual guild anyways. 25ac on the tank isn't going to save you from the mid-tier experience we've collectively signed up for
  7. Kahna Augur

I consider myself casual. Casual does not equal bad. Not coming to raids prepared isn't casual it is bad.
  8. xxar Augur

Monthly plat splits of the guild bank based on attendance 70 % + The guild bank counts as a member to maintain potion / coffin funds .

There is no bs involved everyone profits , raid attendance goes up since players know there making krono.
  9. Kahna Augur

Why would a guild need to buy coffins?
  10. xxar Augur

Sky skipping for when you don't get enough keys. If you intend to clear week 1.
  11. Kahna Augur

They removed corpse summoning in Sky years ago.
  12. Flexin Not an amateur

Some people have clearly never been a main Warrior and it shows.

I wouldn't say armor needs to be funneled to tanks especially ones with poor RA. Being a raid tank warrior is hellish though especially on TLPs. There is a lot of casual returnees to the raiding scene and 5 plate classes. When you have clerics talking about BIS gear that has atk and haste on it because they want to be "battle clerics" but your tanks are getting chewed through and they don't have common sense to not max bid on items that hardly add to their mana pool, it becomes a problem. A raid tank will consistently over pay during raids when the other plate classes think about themselves vs thinking about the guild.

Warrior loot rules in guilds became a thing because people are greedy. The raids go slower when your MT dies and aggro starts getting passed around.

I guess my point is - I agree that guilds don't need to funnel gear but as long as everyone understands that you can have either a fast effective raid night or a slow miserable raid night depending on how geared your tanks are.
  13. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

I agree that coming to raids unprepared is bad.
    However, casuals are usually the people who show up unprepared due to RL time limitations.
    People who have more playtime tend to show up prepared because they sat in CL for potions, got ports the night before, resist gear, etc.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

I agree on both accounts. You can have a solid guild bank, but its not required.

Tank funneling is a meme pedaled by bad guilds. If you are a tank with decent RA, then any loot system should do you just fine. People bring up UF as if being BIS from SoD is gonna make a difference. I tanked UF in probably the worst gear that any tank has been in before.

Restrictions on gear if you arent a loot council guild just breeds drama. The only exception is maybe BoC in velious. On a non free trade server, it is clearly an item that can cause drama if a bard bids dkp and insta sells it.
    Crabman and SnapVine like this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

How did your clerics feel about that
  16. fransisco Augur

I could only imagine how much more gross this would be if its a mischief/fv ruleset where people wanna take those best tank items and sell them for kronos
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  17. Kahna Augur

You don't really have to imagine what it would be like, it already happened.

It wasn't gross at all. We had a rule that you couldn't sell in era loot, if you were caught, you were booted. I think it only happened once. Not to mention that loot fell like rain on Mischief so everyone got what they needed pretty quickly. Most guilds had similar rules. Then there were GDKP guild and Pick up raids and in those you get to do whatever you want. They seemed to make it work.

No grossness though.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Idk we just glyphed lol
    jeskola and 25thAnniBaby like this.
  19. coltongrundy Augur

I know this is EQ forums and people love to argue bad points, but, nothing but facts from OP. Tell me where he's wrong?
  20. Vlorg Augur

If you could trust all 50+ member of your raid to be somewhat smart about loot, We wouldn't need a rule like warrior loot.

But because there's rangers out there who really want a BoC or wizard who really want a ring of destruction...Warrior loot exist to prevent people from making really stupid decision.
    Flexin likes this.