Firiona Vie server connection dying when I zone into Crescent Reach.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Frogthehunter, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Frogthehunter New Member

I am unable to zone into Crescent Reach without the client crashing on Firiona Vie server. Can do anything in other zones, but now my characters in Crescent Reach are stuck and I cannot log into them. Any ideas???

Same account, can login on Luclin - Stromm and zone into Crescent Reach with no problems.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was possibly related to the connection issues FV had yesterday.

You could run a file verification in the patcher;

Validate Game Assets through the launchpad
    Run the LaunchPad and log in, but do not press play.
    • Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a gear) in the lower left and and choose Validate Game Assets.
    • Press the green Validate button to have the LaunchPad check your game files and download any missing or corrupt files.
    You could also clear the patcher cache:
    In advanced tools again Select Open Game Directory from the Advanced Settings List.
    Highlight and delete the folders for assetcache, cache and any logincache you have listed and re-patch. To re-patch, simply close out the application and run it again.

You could delete just that zone file (in case its corrupt) it will rebuild automatically

To get the characters out of there next time you log in select return to home on the character screen and see if that helps get them out of there. Its kinda iffy cause Crescent Reach might be their home town.
    Nennius and Fanra like this.
  3. Frogthehunter New Member

Thanks for the tips Cats....unfortunately, nothing worked. Doing a complete re-install, hopefully that will solve the problem. Have a good one, and thanks again!!!
  4. Frogthehunter New Member

Full re-install didn't work, guess I won't be playing on Firiona Vie.
  5. Oberan Elder

From what i understand when a server is booted up zones are assigned a port number randomly.. If your ISP blocks a specific port you will go linkdead whenever you try to zone into said zone (port numbers for a specific zone can be different on different servers)

What I would try is to create a hotspot or tether your cell phone for your internet connection and see if you can zone in then.. If so then its your ISP (or you could wait for a server reboot/crash and the port assignments might change)
    Nennius and Fanra like this.
  6. Frogthehunter New Member

Oberan...Well done!!! Changed to my hotspot and logged right into Crescent Reach. Seems like playing a little Russian Roulette every time the servers bounce tho :) Thanks Oberan for the workaround!