Cannot Reproduce Bard kicks and Banestrike

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lilfella, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Lilfella Elder

Hi friends.

After testing on a couple bards, it seems like the damage modifier on Banestrike doesn't impact kick damage. SPA 459 is the passive damage modifier used on the Banestrike AA - and when applied in the form of a buff (fierce eye) it does impact kick damage.

I don't have the characters to verify all the various skill attacks and Banestrike working - but would encourage a check into each to see if there's an impact. Backstab, frenzy,

Data:
    the formula I worked out for max hits was:
    ((BootAC/25) + (KickSkill/10)) * 9(maxhit) * SPA185 +1 + hStr/10 + kick stat + CleaveFlatDmg
    I tested on a bard with 2% banestrike and 10% and it didn't seem to get factored in on either, after stumbling around with just adding it to the 185 amount. The Banestrike damage never worked, but the fierce eye damage worked flawlessly, leading me to believe it's bugged.

It's possible my formula is incorrect, but regardless banestrike seems to have no impact on kick, at least for Bards.
    Mortenson, Nniki, EmoBard and 9 others like this.
  2. Ratalthor Developer

We tested two bards side-by-side, the one with 4/4 Banestrike definitely averaged more damage per hit than the one without. Is there something else specific creating an issue for you?
  3. Lilfella Elder

Can you confirm that you saw kick damage increased, not just melee or song damage?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

This^
    When testing kick damage wield 2 no damage items such as shield and mod rod.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

Yes we saw kick damage increase in our side by side testing.