So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by coltongrundy, Mar 14, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It should be treated as cheating. Game would be better off without the WoW add-on style stuff.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Could just be another ripple in the force. In any case, does anyone here think that Gina is going to become forbidden in this game? If so, I would like to talk to you about a bridge I don't own but would love to sell or rent to you.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I’ll take that bridge. All it takes is the raid designer getting annoyed with difficulty complaints while players build and distribute tools to negate the difficulty.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's an interesting fantasy.
  5. strongbus Augur

thing bout gina is you can do the same thing in game as it is. There is a in game audio trigger that is just gina in game.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Partially, but the 3rd party tools take it to a more optimized level. It almost eliminates the PVP aspect of the raids.
  7. strongbus Augur

what pvp aspect of the raids? no raids have pvp in them.
  8. Nobildus Journeyman

Personally I think as long as people keep paying krono for PL'ing services then nothing about the botting situation will change. Why would the company remove that source of income when (with pick zones) almost no one is being affected by the bots? It's also why I believe the company is slow to streamline any leveling/solo play. They're incentivized to keep it slow when one botter consumes anywhere from 6-12 krono a month and the buyers spend anywhere form 1-10 per session for one character. That's more than as single leveling account will spend.

As for things like Gina and other add-ons, whatever makes the game MORE accessible will almost always be better. The game is antiquated and having add-ons that come almost standard with any other MMO would be welcome in my opinion. Give players the option to use them instead of denying completely.
    Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

People failing mechanics that lead to raid ae’s, adds, silences, etc.
  10. strongbus Augur

ahh ok me and you have different view of what pvp is. to me what you saying is pve.
    Fenthen, Nennius and KushallaFV like this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The game is getting feedback for years and years mostly from people using GINA, and thus affecting its accessibility.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yeah, it’s a fun view of it. The raid mobs are designed to lose, but there’s a segment of players practically designed to keep the raid from winning.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I guess he means people causing other people's deaths on purpose. What a terrible group he must be in. (or else its just him)
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Literally everyone has failed an emote that has caused deaths or wipes. Nobody is perfect. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
    fransisco and KushallaFV like this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You missed a crucial phrase "on purpose". Failing the emote and wiping because of a 'nobody is perfect' is not intentional. Characterizing it as a PvP mechanic implies intentionally failing in order to wipe the group/raid. Thus, you are agreeing with Svann2. (And I agree with Svann2, too, to see it as a PvP mechanic one must be in groups/raids of very petty players).
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

You've never seen people purposely rampage charmed people or kill charmed people? I've seen it quite often. It's pretty funny. My friends and I do it to each other every so often.

I also know of many people who are so bad at emotes that it would seem on purpose. Every guild has at least one or two, if they haven't already been booted out. Failing doesn't necessarily have to be "on purpose" when the result is someone causing death upon someone else. That's why they classify it was PVP. If you fail, you kill someone else.
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No, the PVP aspect is just that its a multiplayer game and other players add dynamic difficulty to events.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Guilty. Ban me.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can I join you?
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I welcome Nennius to the island.
    Nennius likes this.