The Official "We DO want BST/BER regardless of epics and minor quests" thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Litoeon, Mar 13, 2024.

1. The Silver Smurfer New Member

It would be nice but i'm more or less indifferent.
  2. IheartEQ Elder

I want to bring up Wood-Elf Beastlords quickly without derailing the thread. I think that Daybreak should add Wood-Elf Beastlords in Velious alongside Plane of Growth/Tunare. They don't pop up until I think CoF which is like 15 expansions into the game. How many race change potions could Daybreak possibly be selling on TLPs in CoF? I doubt it is a lot.

From a financial standpoint, I understand why they keep Halfling Paladins, Halfling Rangers, Gnome Paladins, and Gnome Shadowknights tucked behind Luclin because Luclin isn't very far away.

I would love to see little treant pets running around Velks.
    Keella, WeCameWeConquered and Litoeon like this.
  3. Muramx Augur

I have always been hesitant about agree with this. It's because those classes were scaled to the expansion they came out in. While Bst, probably wouldn't be overly bad.... Zerkers on the other hand. They were scaled off a massive power creep and designed to play catch up in the early levels. They would agro from shear DPS topping out charts, while also having the ability to tank like a knight in trash gear.

I would be ok if they toned them down to be more closely on par with other classes. But really would prefer to not see zerg teams of zerkers blasting through content because of how they were designed.
  4. Litoeon Lorekeeper

Without derailing too hard, I agree if people could be WoodElf Beastlords, it would be even more enticing. That combo is so far off the TLP train that 90+ percent of the crowd wouldn't see them

I think you'd be surprised by how bad zerker can be in the 1-60 game without all their appropriate AA's. I fully believe they wouldn't need to touch the class. <3
    Keella, Yinla and Demetri like this.
  5. Muramx Augur

I know how they are... Like SK"s back in classic everyone hated them and thought they sucked because very few people knew how to play them to their full potential for a long time. Most of the complaints when they came out was how boring they were. They were rogue/monk 2.0. like them you hit auto attack and did stupid DPS while AFK. My best friend when played made one when they came out and used a shaman to PL it. I remember my SK in time/early GoD raid armor (before people got into tacvi) I went to help him level and he only had like 3 levels to go. He was taking hits in trash chain as well as my SK. We laughed at how little effort it took to play vs how well they performed. Which they do for a couple expansions. The class just isn't scaled for pre GoD content.

I would be willing to bet if there was a poll on what people played before they change to a zerkers. 1) Enchanters, because that's when they stop being OP. 2) Rogues that only want to hit auto attack and get made they are behind monks on parses. 3) Monks that want to stay on the top of the parses, and are tired of being monk #8 in the guild and tired of spending a year on a TLP pulling.
  6. Daemon Sicarius New Member

yes please, zerk in classic!
    Keella and Litoeon like this.
  7. Basak Augur

Yes, I know. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Listen folks, it’s not going to happen. They care about the quality of the game and would never want to release things that are broken or incomplete. DPG just doesn’t accept that low quality of work.
    samenye, OldTimeEQ1 and Litoeon like this.
  9. Ddezul Augur

:eek:
    Cfuson likes this.
  10. Litoeon Lorekeeper

you forgot /s .... :p
    Keella and Cfuson like this.
  11. Keella Journeyman

Progression would still take place. And while the devs see these 2 clases as expansion content there are very good arguments why they should not be placed in the same category as quests, zones and itemisation. Chief among them being that their use by players are on completely different wavelengths.
  12. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

If they tagged Stonebrunt to be available in Kunark the Berserkers could do their epics in Era, otherwise they could do every step except killing some level 10 kobold and then doing a turn in. At the very least the Berserkers would have their epics day one of Velious, so it doesn't seem too egregious.

Not to mention that all of the backfilled gear is available for these classes, they just need to be enabled which is not really the player base asking for much, just enabling what is already built.
    Barudin_Phinigel and Litoeon like this.
  13. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Implement these classes in classic. It wont be a perfect experience, but with the classes implemented and a few logical minor changes, and I think people would be happy even without quests and epics.

Armor:

Armor for Classic, Kunark, and Velious already exists for both classes, and in some cases are already enabled.

Classic planar: Anthemion and Shadow Rage (PoFear)
    Kunark: Wild Lord's and Armor of Wrath drop from various locations in Kunark
    Velious: Skyshrine, Kael, and Thurgadin all provide quest armor for both classes, the npcs would just need to be turned on. (Berserkers do not get Growth Armor, but their situation is similar to Paladins, Druids, and Rangers who would have to go elsewhere for armor drops themselves.)

Spells/Tomes:

Almost all spells/tomes are available on vendors in starting cities, and several others are already on drop tables in PoSky, Kunark, and Velious zones. of the ones that aren't, only a handful would really need to be adjusted, and the rest could wait until their respective eras.

BER: Rage Axe isn't on merchants, but the spell that requires it, Leg Slice, is. Fix that, and you're pretty much set until later unless you wanted to put Battle Cry of Dravel on a Velious dragon or something.

BST: Theres a few pets that would need to be pivoted to merchants that aren't exclusively to the moon. Spirit of Omakin (54) to vendors, Spirit of Zehkes (56) to Juggs or Kunark Dragons, and Spirit of Khurenz (58) maybe to the Velious dragon table. In a pinch, id say Sha's Lethargy to vendors, but its a drop spell in Velketors so its not a terribly long wait

Misc changes that are not necessary but would be small boons
    PoSky is kind of boring, and there's little to be had for certain classes (Paladins get a neck and some quests for swords, zowie). BST and BER could use being on at least a couple items, since quests are off the table.

BST: adding BST to Whitened Treant Fists for seems simple enough. And Belt of the Pine. they use the same stats and hybrids get less haste from those dropped belts, so it works out well.

BER: Add BER to Belt of Contention.
    Goodkitty, Ddezul and Litoeon like this.
  14. Litoeon Lorekeeper

We'd be more than happy with just the class being baked into the base of the game now a days but I'd be more than thrilled If they just put in a few tweaks like this.
  15. Tyranthraxus Grognard

We don't need epics, we don't need quests. Put a disclaimer, (This class is not feature complete for TLP early release) check a box. Do the bare minimum of making the items that are already created for these classes drop again, (they were removed from tlp loot tables). And place spell and component merchants in the starting cities for these classes along with the class trainers.

That's all that needs to be done.
    Treeluvr, Montag and Litoeon like this.
  16. Sk!p New Member

Completely agree with this and would love to see beastlords and zerkers at launch even in classic.

The argument about scaling effectiveness with the expansions they released in is BS. The dramatic difference in monk and rogue dps in classic through pop is a perfect example of this.

If you aren’t going to bring balance tonthe struggling classes, then give us some new classes to experience so it’s not just monks making up dps rosters.
    Litoeon likes this.
  17. Montag Augur

I feel like your logic is "people will still complain" but they're complaining now anyway. Devs just need to clearly state that it wont include X, Y, and Z so when the whiners you mention start up we can just quote that dev statement.
  18. Litoeon Lorekeeper

Let us not lose focus on adding BST/BER to the starting roster of classes available. <3
    Like and keep this thread going :D
  19. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Losing focus can be equally fun though, like Guktan beastlords, with a giant mosquito pet, would be a cool option as well, maybe evolving from one of those grub mob things.
  20. Basak Augur

All the races and classes! Classic!
    Halfling Ranger
    Halfling Paladin
    Gnome SK
    Gnome Paladin
    Barbarian Beastlord
    Ogre Beastlord
    Troll Beastlord
    Wood Elf Beastlord
    Barbarian Berzerker
    Dwarf Berserker
    Ogre Berserker
    Troll Berserker

I can see Frogloks starting in Classic in their current location, no reason to wait until Ykesha. Including the Froglok Monk.

Iksar and Vah Shir should wait for their intended expansions. Complete with Iksar Beastlord and Vah Shir Berserker.