What a puzzling event!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Join us for a Social Media Jigsaw Puzzle Reveal Event!

We've created a jigsaw puzzle reveal event as part of The Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest® Celebration. This event will occur simultaneously across all our official EverQuest social media platforms starting on March 25, 2024, and will continue until all the puzzle pieces have been fully removed and the image underneath has been revealed.

Each day, a task will be posted to our social media pages. These tasks can be anything from posting a screenshot, answering a trivia question, unscrambling a word, or finishing a story based on lore. The first person to complete the task correctly (including correct spelling) will win a point and get to choose a numbered piece to remove from the puzzle. Each platform will be scored separately and after all the puzzle pieces have been removed, the people with the top three highest scores for each platform will win a pack with one of each of the following:
    • Goblet of Adventure II
    • Potion of Energy (Restore a percentage of Endurance and Mana)
    • Perfected Augmentation Distiller
    • Heritage Crate Choice (chose from one of the existing heritage crates)
    • Legends of Norrath Loot Pack Choice (choose from one of the Legends of Norrath Loot Packs)
    Scoring will be updated daily and can be seen at any time HERE.

This event will take place solely on the official EverQuest Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social media platforms, and we will not be accepting entries from the forums or any other social websites, including but not limited to, Reddit and Discord. Participants must have a social media account on one of the eligible platforms to win.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Daybreak Games.

Follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

minimind and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  2. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Why not include your official forums in it. since there are some people who don't use any of those for certain reasons. plus how can you control the security on them versus your own forums?
    Jedipokey, Yinla, Silvena and 2 others like this.
  3. Marton Augur

WTB Dislike button.

Did you daybreak people consider the possibility that some of us don't live on FB, twitter, and instagram?

Also, what harm would this do to include people who take time from their lifes and come to these forums to provide positive/negative feedback on the game? Shows how much daybreak values the customer.

:rolleyes:
    Svann2, Moege, sjohn42 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Owch Crotchety SOB

It's puzzling, alright.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

I am indifferent to DPG wanting to increase their activity on the major social media platforms.

I just wanted to post that a long time paying player never uses any of those platforms. I hope that this is just a one-off and future events will consider those who do not use these platforms.

P.S. It's time to use the moniker X for Twitter ... if you feel the need, you can put Twitter next to it in parentheses ... but the name has changed. Even I am aware of that.
    sjohn42 and Herf like this.
  6. RedJohn Journeyman

And all the Debbie downers storm the thread complaining.
    I don't use any social media either but there's plenty other fun to be had...
    Xyroff-cazic. and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  7. Bilderov Augur

Is the link to the scores in the advertisement supposed to point to a non-reachable page? I know the event doesn't start until tomorrow but not having the forethought of putting a link in the advert to a page that doesn't exist yet isn't great.

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in qa.everquest.com.

• If spelling is correct try running windows network Diagnostics
    • .DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    Jedipokey likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Facebook is useless these days posts don't showup up till days after events have happened
  9. Binskie New Member

That one Everquest player that has a twitter account has a good thing going right now.
    Herf and Monkeychunks like this.
  10. Monkeychunks Augur

So why are they posting in these forums if they are not included in the list of platforms?
  11. Salvanna Emberleaf New Member

I'll continue to choose not to use third-party software to play EQ, as the EULA states.
    Herf, Marton and sjohn42 like this.
  12. Jack Elder

I do use facebook, but nothing shows up in real time there anymore unless you pay facebook to push your update to people. I can't tell you how long ago I saw my last EQ facebook update, but I can tell you it's been more than 3 months. I'm not on there like I used to be, but I check it roughly every other day now, just to keep up with friends and family.
  13. Morbys New Member

It specifically states SOCIAL MEDIA event. If you don't want to participate because of your own limitations you put on yourself, easier for others to complete then. They want to get out there for more exposure which could bring more old time players that don't know that EQ is still going, which means more players. I didn't even know they were on instagram so thats news to me.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  14. Marope Lorekeeper

THIS IS EVERQUEST!

Troll Lives Matter!
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was hoping Daybreak was going to sell physical jigsaw puzzles of expansion cover art, etc.

There are even print-on-demand companies for that, so they wouldn't have to fill a warehouse with boxes.
    Sita likes this.
  16. Stageguy Lorekeeper

This sounds like an attempt to boost social media hits...

Limiting it to only 3 winners is a bad idea. You want more SM hits, let everyone win something that posted on your SM. Otherwise, why even bother.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You are correct! This is in fact a puzzling event! :rolleyes:

You can't win them all, I suppose.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Troll Lives are Made of Matter?
  19. Numiko Augur

Darn, I only have a Myspace account .. :oops:
    Herf likes this.
  20. Marope Lorekeeper

Electrons

Fun Fact:
    The trolls were created by the god of fear, Cazic-Thule, during the second pact of the gods during the Age of Monuments at the same time as the Iksar. However, Cazic abandoned the Trolls pretty fast in favour of the Iksar and they were left to fend for themselves in the southern reaches of Tunaria.
    Nennius likes this.