Promotional Heroic Characters?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! Can anyone tell me if a promotional heroic character can be safely deleted and reused? Or is a one-time shot if I'll take to the first class selected?

On an older account, too, that I had mostly used for trading purposes, I have a used heroic character (I can't remember fully, but I *think* it was a much older promotional one). I'm also displaying in the character select screen that I have one 85th heroic character available. Would that be one that I already used showing there? Or, it's been long enough, did I forget that I had purchased another heroic character for that account?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Promo heroics are one time use, paid heroics can be reused if deleted EDIT: this used to be the case but isn't anymore, thank you for the correction below

Make sure to click the dropdown box if you're looking for the 100 heroic
  3. Agrippa Augur

Thank you for the quick response. I was thinking that the promotional characters were a one-shot thing, but wasn't certain. I'm still thrown off a bit by heroic characters showing as available in the character select screen on accounts that have used the one-shot promotional characters. I did have a few extra accounts going for trading for a number of years, though. It's possible that I had purchased extra heroic characters for those accounts and just don't remember doing so. Would a used heroic character show as being available on the character select screen, though?
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

The only HCs that were one time use were the original free ones and maybe one other. Now, there's no difference between buying one and getting one via some sort of promotion (like this anniversary 100 HC). I've gotten several over the years via promotions and they're reusable.

If you're unsure, it will tell you when you try to delete it that it's one time only and if you delete it, you won't get it back.
    Gialana likes this.
  5. Agrippa Augur

Thank you, too, for the response. I was certainly unsure about this, so it's good to know about the warning.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From JChan:
    Yes, you can delete the Heroic Character and still get credit back for the Heroic Character, however you will not receive the items from the Heroic Character Consumables Pack again (Platinum, Bayle Marks, Food and Drink).

When you delete a character, be it Heroic or plain you always get a confirmation message and have to type the characters name in again. This way they know there is no misunderstanding or other reason.

With the Heroic you also get this message:
    Deleting "character name" WILL NOT increment your available heroic character count. Are you sure? To confirm, type in "character name"

The original one (2014) was only able to be deleted and recreated only during the two week initial offering (3-12-2014 - 3-26-2014) . After that we can no longer delete/recreate that one. "If you delete a free character after the trial period, it acts like a normal character deletion." This is called the "promotional one" not to be confused with the "Free ones" we have gotten since

So if your old account is from 2014 then its possible you have an old one, but not likely.

From Rosh: going forward all Heroic character given out free will act as a purchased Heroic and can be deleted and reused.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Ah thanks for the correction! Good to know they've made all of them the same now :)