Folks that want a 'non-True Box' server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

did you play on Ragefire?
    6 boxers? Those are rookie numbers
  2. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I guess you just completely ignored the Multi 6 boxers statement.. people that play really large crews typically use 1 machine per 6 characters and use a 3rd party software, on each...

What was done on Ragefire can be done on a true box server...regardless of how much you want to deny it.
  3. Vlahkmaak Augur

Nothing could be further from the truth. Some of us box because we might play odd hours - or are taking care of others. If my son w/ autism, or my wife, or other kids need help with something, I am going to walk away from the game. If i do that in a group that affects everyone else's game time. With my 3 box I can play as I can and if I have to walk away for an immediate need I can just auto follow and run my toons to the nearest wall which affects no one else. I always let peeps join my team, but I warn them up front that if they see my toons up and run to a wall - or just standing still in a dungeon - something came up - that way people can make an informed decision about staying/playing with my team.
  4. pipo Lorekeeper

And I'm looking to raid with new people (or the same as always)

I will quote you, you can go to a diferent live server and you will meet new people.
  5. Dominate Augur

Have any 6 boxers precluded you from doing content on whatever your most recent server is? If not who gives a fk. Magefire was toxic because there were no pick zones. I monopolized the only Solb Efreeti camp there was on that server. Still have Krono from it.

Some people are just mad that other people are enjoying the game a different way than themselves. Comparison is the thief of joy. Go play the game how you want, and forget what other people are doing.
    Dalyrina likes this.
  6. Sillyfish Elder

This is an extremely powerful and very true statement.

Many more people would be happier if they just learned to stop worrying about other people for the various reasons they do. I myself am often guilty of this.
    Vlahkmaak and Beeshma like this.
  7. Arclyte Augur

I doubt Daybreak is in this business to make philosophical statements about boxing on a TLP at the cost to their bottom line

The People and their wallets have spoken. Truebox makes more money or they wouldn't do it.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

Which is why they get rid of it a year into a TLP?
    jeskola and Dominate like this.
  9. Ddezul Augur

They don't really 'get rid of it' do they?

It makes sense to ease it at that point due to the chronic recyclers/kronod00ds going to the new TLP killing the population.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. CdeezNotes Augur

They allow you to box multiple chars on a single machine and just called it a silly name. Essentially, truebox is lifted because truebox prevented multiple eq.exes from running on a single machine. Calling it "relaxed" truebox is just a gimmick.

Kronolords will always go to servers with a ruleset that gives them the biggest advantage. That's why they were all concentrated on Aradune vs Rizlona. The normies who were left following the rules were at the mercy of cheaters/botters. Not only is it common sense, it's basic economics. If your exploits allow greater revenue on one servers over the other, why go to the latter? You'll go to the former because you have a larger advantage to make more income. A botter playing 6+ chars on a server is at a much greater advantage than a regular player who is limited to 2 chars. A botter playing 6+ chars on a server that allows for that same regular player to also ply 6+ isn't really advantaged. So where do they go? The one with the "stricter" ruleset.

I guarantee the cheaters on Aradune outnumbered the cheaters on Rizlona 10 to 1. They were all over the place. I saw it every day since day 1 on that server. To claim otherwise is sticking your head in the sand and claiming you can see the sun.

Besides, the entire point of this post made by you is to try and insult people who don't like the janky mechanics of truebox. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a thinly veiled satire thread for you littered with multiple logical fallacies.
  11. Ddezul Augur

True box is here to stay.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

Ok.
    Ddezul likes this.
  13. pipo Lorekeeper

So without recyclers and cronolords the servers are not profitable? Bad news for Daybreak and all of us.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Wait, we can recycle chronic?

[IMG]
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Only if your container of Chronic have the correct symbols on the package...

If they do not have the proper markings then they can not be recycled.

LMAO
    jeskola likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Also if you put it in a dry herb vape and eat the already been vaped Aftermath as an edible.

[IMG]
  17. fransisco Augur

This doesn't make sense. A server full of krono farmers will produce zero krono - none of them will get any because the farmers aren't the ones who buy krono. Krono farmers go to wherever people are spending real money to buy kronos. That tends to be brand new tlps. The ruleset doesn't matter. Its a large group of people willing to buy kronos. They pay $$/krono to get ahead or save time.
    Thats how TLPs work. The ruleset is fun for everyone, but the krono farming simple follows the group. Also, it seems that "botter" tends to be anyone else who is boxing but competing with the person calling them a botter
    jeskola likes this.
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Botter accounts go to True Box Servers because they make more money on a True Box Server....they are not there because they love to box they are there to sell the items to people who are known to buy them.

Basically if there is a server with no restriction and a true box launched at the same time the people who box to exploit go to the True Box server EVERYTIME...they go because they have more customers there and they can get around true box like it didn't exist.

It makes PERFECT SENSE.
    jeskola likes this.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Somewhere dpg has an equation tho. If enough people believe in truebox it will still make more money than non-truebox even if it doesn't achieve the actual face value goal of Truebox for end users. 45 year old Randos with expendable income pugging and blowing their cash on krono in trilogy era on Loam encrusted and PL is good for the bottom line.
  20. fransisco Augur

krono farmers go to the most newest tlp cause thats where everyone is buying krono. The newest ones all happen to be true box. Correlation and causation are very different things