1000 DBC for an "Unclaimer" consumable would make a fortune for Darkpaw.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Montag Augur

Most of us have /claimed items on characters we'll never play again and would definitely pay to put them back in our /claim window for use on our current characters.

I assume it might be a bit of a coding challenge but it's one that would very much please a large portion of the playerbase AND be very profitable.That seems like the exact sort of not-huge project that is really worth doing. Good for the players satisfaction, good for the bosses bottom line and good for dev job security.
  2. Montag Augur

3. Demetri Augur

While I would love something like that, I see some definite issues:
    1) First of all the price would likely have to be 10x that (keep in mind the bag sets from each TLP for the regulars - it would break even for anyone that has done 3 TLP cycles with the big bag set alone) - certainly not cheaper than a single bag set. (And likely in cash not DBC, since DBC is given free each month)
    2) I'd be leery of even thinking that the databases are linked for such - pretty sure most of the /claim adding is on the website side of things.
  4. Bilderov Augur

My 3 x ftp accounts only have one item in the /claim window - it's a note that tells me to go to Crescent Reach for some reason or other... and I get 999 of the dang things?!

But yes, its a great idea to swop out some of those items already claimed and use them on a more recent character!!
  5. Shalom Quillmane Bane

That kind of goes against the idea of "claim" - I know its just a term to describe a thing but it already DOES work this way. Once you earn the item you get to choose where to claim it.

Not their fault you have a problem with decision making.
  6. Beardsy Elder

Oh hell no, stop trying to give them more scummy ways to make money.

Make all claimables 999 for free is a much better option.
    Mesc and Fenthen like this.
  7. SnapVine Augur

There's no "problem with decision making" if the character you want to move it to didn't exist when you first claimed it and there's no assertion that DBG is "at fault" if the suggestion is to pay for a new feature option.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I don't think that would be particularly necessary, except for the tradeable mounts from the friends and family editions.

I think making all the non-heirloom items heirloom would be better and something they can easily do.

EDIT: LoN Prize Packs heirloom crate rewards are another story. I'd rather that be done with loyalty points like the unattuners though.
  9. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I agree with that but there is some brain chemistry going on when you KNOW that you only get one chance to "claim" something. Alternatively, if you think "eh I can just move it one day if I want" then the thrill is gone?

Marketing mind games...
  10. fransisco Augur

umm... the way DB runs the store is the best possible case. They don't sell power like other games do. You cannot buy raid gear there or the best augments. Many games with a cash store sell the best gear (better than you can get through play).
    Its a strong compliment to DB that the store has existed for so long and they have kept selling power completely out of it.
    Vumad, Ndaara, Montag and 1 other person like this.
  11. Beardsy Elder

They absolutely sell pay to win, exp potions, bags, faction potions, haste/clarity pots, illusions/mounts with 6 hour beneficial buffs.

I'd much rather have them sell me a full raid geared character at $100 than to have them try to sell me unclaimable tokens to then still not have my claimed items on both servers.

All "Claimables" Should be 999 --- ALL of them.
    Vumad likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Alternate Personas made that less necessary, and most claimable items are HEIRLOOM, which does make them tradeable within an account by the shared bank slots.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

Kronoj are pay-to-win because with exchanged platinum or directly with Kronoj, the players can buy powerfull items, loot rights, PL, and AllAccess. AllAcess does grant them access to more powerfull prestige gear, mercs, AAs, etc., and is also pay-to-win.
  14. fransisco Augur

Bless you my summer child - if thats what you think "selling power is", you live in a very gentle world
    Roxas MM likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because none of that ever happened before krono got added to the game.
    Kaenneth and Roxas MM like this.
  16. Beardsy Elder

Saving time is the ULTIMATE power, there's NOTHING more important than time.

But go on, little one, show us on the doll where your feelings got hurt.
    Mesc likes this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

When the game went "Free to Play" in 2012-03-15, it also went "Pay to Win", but that got concealed for marketing reasons. The Krono currency got announced seven months later, in 2012-10-19.

https://www.everquest.com/news/article?month=102012&id=524389
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And people bought all sort of things from other players with real money right from the launch of the game. Krono had nothing to do with any of those activities, all it did was give Daybreak money for that activity and help keep people from getting scammed.
    Vumad, Roxas MM and Nennius like this.
  19. Montag Augur

You straight trippin bro.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

Daybreak just wanted to have that market for themself which sure had drawn a few of their customers away, who got scammed. But not many players used the blackmarket as ebay already banned users who tried to sell EverQuest accounts and items in 2003 or 2004. That market got opened and hugely extended for the broad masses of players by Kronoj, and not for social player friendly reasons.