Torch and Crown cannot be gotten rid of

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bigstomp, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I have some toons (bazaar trader example) who has no reason to wear ornaments and never will. I cannot destroy these to get my 2 bag/bank spots back.
    If we don't want them we should be able to dispose of them somehow.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

give it to a priest of discord. Theres one in pok in front of the library
    Barton-Vox and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Probably have too much weight to move far on your trader so just stick the crown on their head and the torch in a weapon and let them hold that. Don't need to use bag space

There is a closer Priest of Discord in the Lobby if you wanted to just port over there but you'll be stuck unless you unload trader bags first
  4. Bigstomp Augur

If the priest still takes them I could do that. But as for equipping them, you missed the point where ornament usage is not free. The no-destroy tag on the items should not be there. I can destroy my epic but I can't destroy a torch/crown I never asked for?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes it is free. You do not have to have Heros forge to use the crown. It is usable as it is as just a head item. If you want to use it as an aug for Heros forge then you can convert it.

The torch fits in any weapon - nothing to buy.

Just an idea to help.
  6. Herf Augur

As someone said, give them to a PoD.

And yes I have no idea why they're no destroy. It's particularly vexing since you can't drop them or destroy them and they're automatically put in your 'hand'. So far I've been lucky and been able to find something low value in my bags to destroy when I needed space for this kind of stuff, but if not I'd be running across zones to find a PoD. I'm not even if sure if you can open a door with stuff on your cursor.
  7. Bernel Augur

Of all the things to be No Destroy, why these freebies things? I would think there are many more important items which should have the No Destroy flags so that people don't mistakenly delete them. It's nice to get the free ornaments, but they're not so special that people should have to jump through these hoops to delete them.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I can think of two reasons why these items are No Destroy:
    1. Someone said there is some kind of exploit possible with some items. I do not think that applies here.
    2. Someone might accidentally destroy them and then have to petition to get them back. Darkpaw might not want to have to deal with petitions on these items. Since they are limited time items, they can't just tell you, "Reacquire though gameplay", like they do everything else. If you 'destroy' No Destroy items, they can tell you to go pound sand, since you had to deliberately go out of your way to do so and can't claim it was accidental.
    I'm not sure if I agree with these reasons, but that's all I can think of.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No idea why the freebie year of darkpaw items and these are not treated the same. One you get forced on your curser, the other you have to purchase free from the market place. :rolleyes:
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

So they sucker the late-comers to the paty into buying that which everyone else who showed up on time got for free.