EQLogParser questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

First, Great program! Thank you Mr. Kauffman.

Q: Is there an good/easy way to dump all the casting count data by class to a single file?

Q: Why is the casting count data different based on which of the summary tabs you select?

--------------------

Q: Is there an easy way to dump all the casting count data into one spot?

Current work flow:
    - Right click window -> Spell Counts -> (select class)
    - Select tab -> remove received spells -> copy as csv -> paste
    - Repeat for each class.

I've considered writing an autohotkey type script but they are kind of brittle.

----------------------

Q: Why is the casting count data different based on which of the summary tabs you select?

While looking for a good work flow I've noticed that the casting count data is tied to which tab you select.

For example, if you select all clerics while on the dps tab, you will only get clerics who did dps. If you select from the healer tab you get different list of people. If you go to the tank tab, you may get a different list.
  2. Covennx Augur

You can just Control A to select everyone on the parse, then Right click --> Spell Counts --> Selected then export to CSV.
  3. Windance Augur

That is exactly what I was starting to do, until I found I was missing clerics because some don't do any dps and thus don't get processed unless you request their casting from the healer summery.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Probably be easier to get rid of the lazy clerics who didn't even throw an intervention in there...

I kid, I kid ... or do I?

I mean ... you are pulling from a window called dps summary. Makes sense that you don't appear if you don't do any. Spell counts are secondary in the EQLP system. You can ask Kizant if there could be a front facing spell counts window that would be listed by class.

I do not believe there is an "easy" way to do what you want at the moment.
  5. Szilent Augur

not just occasional Intervention! There's single-target phases of -- every? every LS raid for which full-on Battlecleric Mode is appropriate. Divine Avatar meleeing, Contraventions, Unyielding+Inters…what they might "even throw in" is, like, Splash?
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Needs to be a core game log parser when a game has dps checks.
  7. kizant Augur

The Damage Summary uses time based on when the players are doing damage. Tanking Summary when players are receiving damage. Healing determines time ranges by either one happening. So, the counts can be a little different depending on which view you use.

I could change the spell counts and cast timeline on all three to use the time range that the healing summary is using as it captures both. But you still may not see every player show up on any one summary. Maybe I could add an 'All' option to the context menu that will pull in classes that aren't actually in the list.

Also, for anyone who's been keeping up with things. The next version is using dotnet 8. So, you may want to make sure it's installed if you plan on using it.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-8.0.2-windows-x64-installer
    Covennx, Sprooce and Windance like this.
  8. Windance Augur

That would fit the bill for what I'm looking to do.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

10. Angahran Augur

Possibly a dumb question but I've only just started looking at this program since it was said it can do everything GINA can only better.

I have imported all my GINA triggers.
    Created the same overlays for Text and Timers.
    Added the characters I want to monitor.

Now, when I look at a trigger it doesn't have any text or timer overlay assigned :(
    Does this mean I have to manually set this for every single trigger?
    Or am I missing something simple?
  11. Gindainy New Member

I'm sure Kizant can explain this better than I can, but I'll give it a shot.

You can set a default text overlay / timer. I forget exactly how to do it and I'm not a home, but I believe you just like right click the overlay and pick set as default or check a box in the overlay settings or something like that. Once you do this they should automatically be used for any trigger that doesn't have one assigned. These triggers will still show no overlay when you click on them individually, but they should use the default.
  12. kizant Augur

The default checkbox is in the overlay settings. You can have one default timer overlay and one default text overlay. Whichever you set as default will clear the setting in any other overlays.

The third way to do this is you can right-click on a folder and assign an overlay to all triggers under that folder.
  13. Angahran Augur

I found the third way after I posted :p

I just selected everything in the trigger list and assigned to the default text overlay and default timer overlay.

I'll figure out which are in the wrong places eventually.
    Just glad I didn't have to go through 1000+ to set 'default'.

Another dumb question.
    Where is the configuration stored?

I tried copying the entire EQLP folder from my laptop to PC but it was blank when I opened it.
  14. kizant Augur

You'll want to copy your user's AppData\Roaming\EQLogParser folder over.
    Angahran, Svann2 and Fanra like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Hi kizant :)
    Got another newbie question for you.
    I imported a bunch of triggers from GINA.
    Several of them used .wav files instead of TTS, but it appears those files names didn't get imported.
    I check a handful and they show 'Text to speech', not 'Play Sound'.

Did I miss something?

p.s.
    Is there a way to search for a trigger?
  16. kizant Augur

The GTP files aren't very reliable when it comes to wavs. It may have one of them but doesn't give you the path or if you have more than one in your triggers it usually doesn't do any of them. And it includes the entire file when it does and I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle that. So, I just ignored it. You got to re-add sounds which I wouldn't use wav files that often tbh.

There's no search yet but if a trigger shows up in the trigger log you can click on the entry and it will open and highlight the trigger in the tree. So, it's partly done. Just need a search box that ties into that code. It's on the list of things to do.
  17. Angahran Augur

Ok, thank you.

It's good to have lists :)
    Metanis likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Hi kizant :)
    Raided last night just using EQLP instead of GINA and was pretty impressed. Didn't notice any lag,(from triggers anyway) and it didn't crash multiple times like GINA has a tendency to do.

Quick question.
    In the trigger log pane, would it be possible to get some type of tooltip that shows where a specific trigger is located? and/or simply click a trigger and be able to edit it?

I know, it's a work in progress :)

Thanks.
    Fenthen, Fanra and Metanis like this.
  19. kizant Augur

Have you tried selecting a row with the tree open? I'm also going to add that trigger search by name for the next version. Anyway here's an example of what I mean.

[IMG]
    Lophophora, Angahran and Svann2 like this.
  20. Angahran Augur

No, I hadn't had the views setup like that, (not sure how). I just had the two tabs at top of screen, one for Trigger Manager and other for Trigger Log.

So, selecting it in the log shows it in the manager:)

I don't suppose that could also include searching for the match text (or part of)?
    Occasionally I'm looking for a trigger and know the match text but don't 100% know what I named the trigger :p

e.g. I know the trigger text includes "Cazic thule gets angry at..." but I forgot I named it "Cazic Tantrum".