Clickable Bard song Items are not getting benefits from equipped instruments or aas.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by YourMotherWasFab, Mar 19, 2024.

1. YourMotherWasFab New Member

Category: Items [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Mar 19 22:31:03 2024

Character: Level 65 Bard (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Tranquility

Target PC: Level 65 Bard
    Target Location: 843.16, -1560.24, -890.80, 364.71

Description: Items that have bard songs as clickable effects are not getting any benefits from bard aas or equipped instruments. This is the case with all items i have tried with clickable bard song effects, such as Composer's Greaves and Lute of the Flowing Waters.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Not a bug, they got changed a while ago now
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its always been like that and people just assumed it was intended.
  4. fransisco Augur

This has always been the way - and its not songs. All clickable spells are not affected by focuses.
  5. Duder Augur

It used to be this way but it HAS changed. Item click DoTs are currently being affected by worn critical affliction items on the Oakwynd server. I invite you to test for yourself and see. I have confirmed this for two separate dot classes with 2 separate dot clicks, both using symbol of the planesmaster for the “critical affliction” line focus

Also, when PoP was current, bard mods 100% did affect clickies. Not ALL, but some. Numerous clickies are rendered useless with being moddable, that was never intended.

If it was ever labeled a bug, you can bet your bottom dollar that it was done so based on their devotion or interest in fixing it, not for actual design feature integrity. And we all know that design feature integrity is among their lowest strengths.