Will there ever be a free move from Antonious Bayle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghanur, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Ghanur New Member

Server is dead (during EU TZ), only high(est) level activity.
    Want to return, but stuck with level 85 characters.
  2. fransisco Augur

you get a free heroic right now due to anniversary. Just make a new character on a different server
    Rexa, code-zero and Andarriel like this.
  3. Cidran Augur

You can currently /servertransfer from AB to Vox.

But getting a group at 85 is hard everywhere, so I wouldn't advise moving for that reason.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LFG is dead, have you tried asking in General chat?

I'm busy till next week or I'd break out my level 85's.
    code-zero and Andarriel like this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

This is from 2021 and might be outdated:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...ind-EverQuest-character-transfer-instructions

Nobody should pay for moving on from a dead server like AB. Vox is the second lowest populated live server and a stranded TLP character reservoir. For keeping the AB players together we need a server merge with an average populated server like Drinal.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Merging AB with anyone isn't going to help as there is not another Euro server to merge with. Merging with a US server isn't going to help with finding more groups as play times are different. This is why the majority of the Euro player base transfered to AB back in 2007/2008 when there were free transfers after the server merges. There just isn't enough players who play on Euro time.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Most euro gamers do not play on AB. On other servers there is always someone on during european day times, like aussies or people from north america, who do work at night. The idea of an euro server is obsolete I think. AB is always dead, at day and night, even that there definitely are more players on during afternoon. There are not really US servers, even that most players are from north america. AB would do so much better with a merge of such a server.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Maybe they can merge with Zek haha ;)
    Cidran likes this.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Claim your free 100 Heroics and start over on FV.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Copy to test server. You will have your characters and perhaps more players, if not at least you tried.

Send a pm/dm to CL and ask what the rules are currently so your not spending money and then finding out they changed it but never updated the help section.
  11. Mossaa Augur

AB have several guilds that raid and also family guilds. Just try to join a family guild and get stuff going.
  12. Mossaa Augur

AB have a stable number of raid guilds and several family guilds. That you always complain about AB is more a reflection on yourself. It is also nice that AB is a Euro located server so the ping is better than on US server for Euro players.
    Rongo likes this.
  13. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

i agree with Mossaa this is game is what you make of it, yeah general is quiet, but get in a guild and its extremely social, all are very helpful and i doubt you will be sat doing nothing for long. Unless you log in from 6am - 12pm ect. during evenings guilds a busy, raids, groups, chatting rubbish, AB is a great server.. merging / moving server will not help out anyone who sits in pok, who won't attempt to join a guild and make friends and just generally get to know people and for others to get to know you.

This isnt 2002 anymore where anyone can stand LFG to get a group. This does not happen on ANY server minus a fresh TLP.
    Sitting in pok going 85 CLASS lfg then logging in 10mins when no one will group with you and then moan server is dead is the wrong attitude.
  14. Opal Journeyman

if anyone is having trouble grouping, you need a new guild. Period. That might mean a server transfer, sure. But an active guild is critical to enjoy playing this game if you dont have a bot group likely using 3rd party software
  15. Iven the Lunatic

I think that the ping and the connection is no longer a problem. Remembering the early years of EQ ? While I mostly play on AB, I had also played on BB and Drinal lately and the connection there was even better. AB is the server with the most lag and connection problems since years, even that it has such a low population. There are zero reasons to start on AB today as it has not many benefits. More drawbacks than benefits for most players. Many players already left AB for starting fresh on BB and other more populated servers.
  16. Kyzvs Augur

I moved from AB to Vox last year - as a UK player I f'sure noticed the difference in ping, my macros had to all have their /pause adjusted to allow for more leeway in ping. It's not only noticeably worse, it's a lot more varied. It's manageable - it's not like dialup, but it is something to get used to.
  17. Mossaa Augur

How many high end raid guilds do you have on BB that raid on Euro time? I guess zero.
    Zalkk - AB likes this.
  18. Burdi Augur

I think they should merge AB into FV at this point.
    There are so many AB players which already moved there.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

As FV has a special rueleset, that could upset many players. FV might be also to crowded for a merge. Same for BB. A merge should invigorate all server parties, without overcrowding them.
  20. Mossaa Augur

They should keep AB in Euro lands so we can continue to have fun. If people think we need to merger with some just because they think there is to few on AB then they can move to AB or just .... AB have several raid guilds and we have more people now than we had few years ago. We are not some server to fill up a low pop US server with.
    Zalkk - AB and Yinla like this.