Can't buy Arcane Tongues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mrjimorg, Mar 19, 2024.

1. mrjimorg New Member

Hello. I have a level 61 mage on Oakwynd and my research skill is 198. I saved up 3 AA points, and when I went to purchase the "Arcane Tongues" AA it is greyed out. The description says: "Requirements: Level: 59, No previous ability requirements."
    I've searched all over and can't find anyone else reporting this.
    Extra info:
    This is NOT on a character with a persona.
    I'm not attempting to use autogrant - I'm just trying a regular purchase.
    While this is a progression server, the wiki says that this AA is a "Classic game" AA
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Do you have rank 3 or are you buying rank 3? Look at the "Next Rank" tab not the "Current Rank" tab, rank 4 requires level 60.

If you are buying rank 4, because its an expansion requirement, same as merc AA that don't list the expansion requirement because of the custom category.

Rank 4 comes from EoK.
    https://www.raidloot.com/aa?name=Arcane Tongues&effect=&class=&level=&tab=&exp=

Empires of Kunark 2027-03-25 (Thurs) 4PM CST
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is an omens era AA that may not be flagged correctly ingame I believe.
  4. Gialana Augur

According to raidloot.com, rank 3 costs 9AA, not 3.
    Edit: disregard.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Which? The first 3 of all Mastery AA are OoW which decreased the fail rate, after that are EoK AAs which is when the >300 cap was introduced.

Typically players forget to look at the "Next Rank" tab when viewing AA, so OP mentioning that it says lv 59 requirement makes me think that rank 3 is already purchased which is as far as you can go on Oakwynd.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Yeap, I totally overlooked the costs, 3, 6, and 9 for rank 1, 2, and 3.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I presume they are trying to purchase rank 1 for 3 AA on a server which doesn't have Omens of War unlocked yet. From what I remember, most of the Tradeskill related mastery AAs do not list their actual first expansion they can be purchased on TLP servers leading to the confusion.
  8. Gialana Augur

Oops, you're right. I don't know why I thought they were trying to purchase the 3rd rank instead of the first. Raidloot does list Omens of War as required for ranks 1-3. Oakwynd is only up to PoP/LoY.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

10. mrjimorg New Member

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I was trying to buy rank 1. Guess I'll have to wait then