Folks that want a 'non-True Box' server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

can't you just roll up on Rizlona?

Isn't the point of boxing so many to be able to avoid interaction with others in your groups?

or are there other motives?
    Help me understand why a 6+ boxer would want or need a new TLP.

TIA
  2. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

I do not box, but I would very much like to avoid any interaction with you on any future TLPs. Please provide your in game name so I can avoid you.
    Shalom, fransisco and Muramx like this.
  3. theonepercent Augur

If you want a truebox server why not just go roll on Oakwynd?
    Appren, Kaenneth, Muramx and 4 others like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

You are starting from a false premise...

You assume EVERYONE who wants a non true box TLP is a 6+ boxer...not true.

a VAST majority of people rolling on a new TLP want a new economy.

Most 6+ boxers are looking for a new customer base to work the krono market in.

The point of 6+ boxing is to not share the loot...it has nothing to do with avoiding interaction...it has every thing to do with not having competition for the drops or sharing the coin.

In the end there are not this huge number of 6 boxers....they exist even on true box servers...Oakwynd is prove positive of this.

Whether anyone likes to admit it or not krono was all about making it legal to sell plat on servers. All because of the RMT crowds that were going to do it anyway.

Problem with krono...is it creates the krono farmer crowd. It was a double edged sword when they created them back in like 2013???
  5. Serona Elder

You definitely aren't wrong that plenty of people are chasing the krono market and that's why they want to be able to box 6+ or more, but, there are also plenty of us who just don't have flexible schedules and it's the path of least resistance to be able to play and accomplish stuff without sitting around looking for groups, etc. Also, I help people way more boxing 6+ toons than I ever could/would with 1 character.
    Appren likes this.
  6. pipo Lorekeeper

I played rizlona and I had fun, but now it's on a expansion cycle I don't want to play.

And I don't want a new economy for kronos, I just want the nostalgia of the old leveling path and old zones (with a bunch of QoL changes and without the need of being LFG all the time I have to play)
  7. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

The vast vast vast majority of players are not krono lords. As explained many times before, they will be there regardless of the ruleset, but when you make it harder for the "little guy" to even compete, by implementing a horrible truebox "solution", you just enforce how much bank the cheaters can make. Most people who wants to get truebox revised, like having it as Relaxed Truebox, just wants to box 2 or 3 toons, so they can start their own group and make progress instead of being forced to sit endlessly LFG hoping they can get a group. There was a time where my time wasnt valuable enough that i cared, but now, sitting in a game doing literally nothing for a few hours, just isnt gonna cut it. I'd like to be able to 2 box, so i can at least go out and do something and not be forced to play a class that can solo.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Was not trying to imply all 6+ boxers were krono farmers...but I would wager more are than are not...lol

I two box for similar reasons...beauty for me is I Can have others join me...but adding the enchanter to the druid opens up a whole new world that I could not do otherwise.

I also do not think EVERYONE rolls on the new TLP for economy....but a large block of them do.

the one thing a new server offers that no existing server has is a new economy. and that is clearly a draw...

Some will roll just to play through classic and maybe Kunark then they return to a live server and wait for the next year and do it again.
  9. Ddezul Augur

You can still level in the old zones with your box crew.
  10. Zansobar Augur

How can you be LFG during the launch period of a new TLP? There are thousands of players and hundreds of groups? Are you sure it isn't you?
    Ddezul likes this.
  11. Manafasto Augur

I rolled on Rizlona when Aradune had que issues and I will say as a single character player my experience was good.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. pipo Lorekeeper

What an answer! For the same reasons, why should darkpaw make a new TLP? You can play in the already existing many of them are truebox.

Great for the launch period! But, what happens one month later when population lowers drastically in europe timezone?
    Appren likes this.
  13. Ddezul Augur

I'm looking to group with new and different people and won't be boxing. Thank you!
  14. Ddezul Augur

15. jeskola pheerie

For the same reasons anyone wants a new TLP?
  16. Ddezul Augur

To play the game with others?

And that's why people 6 box?

ok.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

Not wanting truebox =/= wanting to 6 box. I hate truebox (dealt with it for Aradune) and I only 2 box if I box. Always 2 box, even on live. Being able to do it on a single PC is so much better than multiple machines. Heck, if I truly wanted to, breaking the truebox rules are easy, I just chose not to.

This whole thread is a sham. You don't want to actually discuss anything. You want to not so subtly jab at people. The entire first post is a nonsense false premise. If you want trubox, how about you play on one right now? Why do you need a new one? Thats your entire argument? Well, it can be asked for you as well. You're free to go to an already existing truebox server.
    Appren, OldTimeEQ1 and Muramx like this.
  18. Muramx Augur

I would say a good portion of these posts are basically "You don't play how I play and that makes you a PoS!!! waaaah waaaah." and literally every argument They have can be flipped back at them with no response.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

This is same as saying why do you need a TLP, go play on live servers in the old zones.

Doesn't really make any sense...

20. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I can't be in the minority that only has one computer to run the game, thus a non-True Box server, or at least relaxed at launch, is desirable to me. If I were going to leave Oakwynd, that is. I would love to run a SHM/SK duo right now, but I can't because of the failed experiment that is True Box.