So what I hope the new TLP has. (Not your usual thread)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gladdius, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Gladdius Journeyman

Real Freeport, Manastones, Breezebots Fridgid Gnasher, mainhand Moss Covered Twig, Locket of Escape, Thex Dagger, Robe of the Spring, Wurmslayer not fitting in a bag, Runed Fighters Staff, etc etc etc

All the super nifty but let's be real not all that broken anymore and items that no longer exist. AND REAL FREEPORT!!

Seriously power creep is real. Monks do so much first dmg in the early expacs and you think something like a 1 shot melee bind is game breaking?

Just do like you do for things like the Prenerf fungi staff and CoS. Restrict them to small windows.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  2. Kahna Augur

The new TLP will have none of these things.
    FranktheBank, OldTimeEQ1 and Cfuson like this.
  3. Gladdius Journeyman

One is allowed to hope.
  4. Cfuson Journeyman

They have already said no to original freeport and manastones.
  5. Zansobar Augur

You are going to be disappointed.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Why not just ask them to make EQ3 at that point dude, let's get back down to earth with some realistic hopes.
    Ddezul and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

I don't think old Freeport is impossible, but it would likely be inconvenient and without the modern NPCs that you see in new Freeport. It is TECHNICALLY doable by placing an interactive item in Freeport that would port you to the old zones, or maybe some kind of zone line popup asking you which version you want to go to. The issue is NPCs. If you ignore the NPCs that got added later (PoR npcs, special merchants, etc) you still may not have all the old locations and data for the old NPCs, or things may be wrong from the old data.I don't consider it likely to happen, but if it does happen, it definitely would not be 100% the way that players want it to be.
  8. Krizem Augur

They should fix Freeport by removing all the walls and dropping all the vendors to ground floor (looking at you Paladin and cleric vendors). Pretend they had a big fire in the city or something.
  9. Ainamaf New Member

Old Freeport files are still active. Via a painting you can still port into and explore nfp. It's complete with current npcs
    Sanduleak likes this.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

They did have a dumpster fire in Freeport - It was called Prophesy of Ro. You can still see the steaming piles of turd (meteor fragments, allegedly) around town.

I hope they promoted whoever did the Freeport Revamp 17+ years ago. It takes an extremely special skill set to completely gut an entire city in an MMORPG, while simultaneously taking a dump on the whole knights/militia lore thing, amongst other things. You can't plan this to be that thorough. It is an act of genius.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I can confirm from an insider source that the new TLP will have manastones available!

When Marcia Attamilgad stocks them.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. fransisco Augur

I Want it to revamp baking. Original had something going with all the cannibal treats - it would be great if they improve upon that.
    No more joking about halfling pies, time to start making them!
    Lineater likes this.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Years ago, Prathun posted that it was 100% possible and doable to put Old Freeport back in. Then he went into a long post about while it is possible it would take longer and be harder than anyone would think due to something with creating the zone points for zoning in and out of the zones. I remember him saying it would take days of work not just like an hour or so and because of that he couldnt do it, but it was possible.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

If going back to Freeport 1.0 is truly impossible, it'd sure be great if the next expansion's launching pad was a Freeport 3.0 that was way closer to Freeport 1.0.
  15. Grimblekin Journeyman

Can we go back to original plane of Hate too...I enjoyed the trains.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

You said not your usual thread and you lied.
    Dre. and Shalom like this.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

New FP is better.
  18. Ddezul Augur

Those will all be no drop.

Perfect!
  19. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

This is exactly what I would consider "a usual thread" in the TLP forum in March. If you're looking for these things I would suggest you visit third party communities as they will have what you are looking for.
  20. Sanduleak Journeyman

Yeah. It's quite clear that Daybreak doesn't want to invest any significant money into old world/early expansion/classic era content. They want the TLPs to do enough to keep flooding money in every year, and to the small number of players who want to return to EQ and hop on live, they want them quickly moving to the upper levels of the game.