Fixed Internally Chasing What's Not Real Bug: Leave of Absence

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chantee, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Boneangel New Member

Stuck at the same spot. Dropped the task and redid it to that point and still no luck. Tried deleting the Leave of Absence and getting a new one and that didn't work either.
    Zalkk - AB likes this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

To all the people dropping the task to do it again I don't think its necessary.
    To me, it seems like if there are multiple people in the room attempting it, and someone casts at the same time, the server gets confused, and someone gets stuck.

Until those people all zone, log out, camp whatever, it will remain stuck.

Yesterday I observed three stretches on Luclin where nobody could do the task, kept hollering at folks to all camp at same time, then it would get freed up, and a few folks would finish until two others went at same time again, and you'd have to get everyone to camp again that was stuck - because ther'es no way of knowing who it is stuck on.

Your best bet if you are doing it in a group is to have the group wait at Alta, then each person does the turn in, goes up stairs, to the right place, clicks the paper, stands still, waits for the emotes to happen, and the guy to poof, and the update. THEN the next person goes.

This is much harder to coordinate outside of your group and guild, but having everyone impacted camp did seem to alleviate/free up the scripting again.

Your mileage may vary.
  3. Jakban New Member

Was doing the 25th Anniversary quest called Chasing What Not Real and is at the part where i was in the empty meeting room in Crescent Reach and i right click on the quest clicky and no cast timer for it to work did not show or the emote appears at all and i have deleated the old clicky to see if it would fix it and it did not work and have a guildy who was with me to atest that it wis bugged
    Kialya likes this.
  4. Skyzul New Member

I submitted a ticket and the GM responded that they have multiple other reports of this happening to others as well and it was forwarded to the devs to try to fix it. No ETA on a fix.

This also happened to other guildies too (at least 4 I know of). At least one guildie redid the quest and was still bugged even the 2nd time, while another redid and it worked the 2nd time. Maybe it is random?

Regardless, I know how to do this quest and have completed it on other alts just fine so it is not from lack of waiting long enough or any of the other suggestions.

I do want to thank everyone who posted suggestions!
  5. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Click "like" on the other posts which are saying the same thing.
  6. Jakban New Member

ok kinda fix it with levitation
  7. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Suggest you like the other posts saying the same thing.
  8. Tallie Elder

Thank you for the update.
  9. Razzy Journeyman

I had this issue with my druid account - did it same time as other 4 accounts that worked fine. I tried /camp desktop, give it to NPC again and even went out and try clicking and get another one in new Shar Vahl.

I deleted the item and restarted task and it worked. I don't think I did anything different except taking it slower that time.
  10. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

-- UPDATE --

I did it again this morning, got the same issue, unable to click final clue in room. I then removed illusion I had on and boom note would let me click.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have a guess. I am not seeing anything inherently tied to timing, BUT the Z bounds of one of the checks, that does not give an error message, looks a little suspect. it is 3 units ABOVE the floor, and doesn't reach real high either. So, check your own loc. if your Z is not >= 34 or <= 50 (and it uses truncated numbers... so 33.9 is 33 and 50.9 is 50, etc.) you may need to either get a levitation, or lower your height.
    I've made a change to make the Z bound checks more forgiving and also added an error message for the two other errors (other than timing) that can make it fail (not in the bounding box or not at the correct task step). I'm not sure when that will make it in the game, but in the short term, check your Z location.
  12. slaren New Member

@Ngreth
    I have a guess. I am not seeing anything inherently tied to timing, BUT the Z bounds of one of the checks, that does not give an error message, looks a little suspect. it is 3 units ABOVE the floor, and doesn't reach real high either. So, check your own loc. if your Z is not >= 34 or <= 50 (and it uses truncated numbers... so 33.9 is 33 and 50.9 is 50, etc.) you may need to either get a levitation, or lower your height.
    I've made a change to make the Z bound checks more forgiving and also added an error message for the two other errors (other than timing) that can make it fail (not in the bounding box or not at the correct task step). I'm not sure when that will make it in the game, but in the short term, check your Z location.

This is the answer... I'm a gnome, illusioned to skeleton (taller) and click went through as normal... good work Ngreth!
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I was able to do it on my bard. Not doubting you but its not 100% 'broken for bards'.
  14. Tallie Elder

Thank you Ngreth!!! All my characters are small races and I don't normally have lev on. By putting on lev and running off the top of the stairs to achieve some height, I was able to complete this step on one of my stuck characters.
  15. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Oh i know, im thinking it was to do with illusion i had on, has i updated earlier to say it worked once i removed it, and with the comment from Ngreth im guessing it was due to that.
  16. Skyzul New Member

Oh, I bet that is it! Me and the other one stuck are both short gnomes! Going to log in and put on levitation and try again. Glad I did not delete that quest/note!
  17. Skyzul New Member

YEP - it was the height! Logged in, levitated and ran up the 3 steps to get a little higher, returned to the center of the room and it worked!! Ty Ngreth for the suggestion of height!
  18. kookoo Augur

same problem for me, 5/6 toons were able to right click the item , but my other toon is not updating .
    pretty frustrating since it is a long quest with all the travelling , and at the end of the task............i just don't want to redo this long task again.................i tried to camp and log back in but nothing work.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

We had that same issue in a Vex Thal task. My gnomie couldnt finish till he got a lev.
  20. Gialana Augur

According to Ngreth, until there's a patch to fix it, you'll need to adjust your z-axis until it's between 34 and 50. If you type /loc, the 3rd number needs to be between 34 and 50. If it's 33.999 or lower, you'll need to use a grow spell, illusion, or levitate to a higher position. If it's 51 or higher, you'll need to decrease your height or float down.