Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jeskola, Mar 18, 2024.

1. jeskola pheerie

2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We back boyz
  3. fransisco Augur

Doh, at first I thought it was creating in game content - however its social media stuff.
    WeCameWeConquered and Yinla like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Bobby doing RL EQ Fashion stream
    Beeshma and Hobs like this.
  5. Bilderov Augur

Will be interesting to see just how much effort DBG put into this - considering Ngreths' twitter account has a single post from 2012 and the official Everquest Wiki hasn't been updated since 2014 / EOK expansion.
    Fenthen and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Meh. This is advertising budget stuff. They need to find a way to use their player base to help develop more/better content. There has to be ways around all the labor issues from California and intellectual property rights issues.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

This is truly exciting and the best news I've heard in years!

A collaborative relationship between developers and players is the future. Volunteerism is a growing part of our culture. Many EQ players are entering retirement and would love nothing more to play a more active role in helping the EQ franchise stay viable. EQ is not just any mere video game, it's a lifestyle that many of us are emotionally invested in.

The pandemic showed us that legal issues and security issues that may arise from people working at remotely can easily be surmounted.

EverQuest was one of the first MMORPGs to have a volunteer guide program after Ultima Online. Many guides became GMs who became video game designers. Our own Holly Longdale was an EQ guide. She's now the VP of Blizzard's World of Warcraft. That never would have happened without the EQ guide program.

It allowed the studio a way to harness the passion and loyalty of players in a productive way. It also gave players a way to give something back to the community. When players feel a sense of ownership in their MMO, it makes for a happier, more stable community. This spirit of collaboration has been part of EQ's DNA since the beginning.

Thanks to Daybreak and the Darkpaw team for this new initiative! :)
  8. Xellen Lorekeeper

I read it over 9000 times and still have no idea what they are going to offer to us. And it's limited to sideqik? I really want to help promote EverQuest in my stupid solo necromancer way but how is this going to work?

Even the biggest EQ YouTubers are sitting at >5000 subs? Maybe less than 2500? And most of them are creators for multiple games. I'm pushing to make 1k by end of 2025 with only EQ content. How much can content creators of this (awesome and my favorite) old game really help?

At this point I'm happy to help random EQers see rare bosses and how to solo them let alone the random 6 people a year I push back to the drug of EverQuest. If anyone at 989 Sports can point me in the right direction for signing up for this and for what you expect from a content creator I am ready to jump on this disaster and go down with the ship.

Thanks you too.

https://www.youtube.com/@XellenEverquestTestServer
    Twelvestrings, Herf and Hobs like this.
  9. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

How is this new content for me to play. Stop wasting money on this crap and actually create new content like raids and missions.
    Wudanar and Herf like this.
  10. Gindainy New Member

So while this isn't directly new content, the intent here is to help advertise the game and bring in more new players. New players = more revenue = more budget. Whether or not it works and if it's the best return on investment remains to be determined, but the idea they are going for here makes sense.
    Cimbaeth and fransisco like this.
  11. Sakuraba Augur

Seems a bit odd given past stances by the company, honestly.

A lot of fundamental changes scream "New players need not apply", so why would you try to get people into the game now?

Shoot, we even have a topic on the forums here "Would you recommend Everquest to people?" and most people are saying no lol.
    Fenthen, Herf, Bobokin and 1 other person like this.
  12. Piznut Angry Gnome

Seems like a lot of California businesses and residents are moving to Atlanta area lately. Even the Hollywood industry is moving here. They could always relocate!
    Fenthen, Metanis and Barton-Vox like this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

FrankTheBank about to start streaming his morning bowl of Cocoa Krispies on IG
    Herf, Bobbybick and fransisco like this.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

So if I look at twitch Right now for Everquest: highest view count 38 - P1999 HSSF -> Next three is P1999 -> First Live EQ is a mischief HSSF at 5 viewers. Time of day is a bad time for views however.

If you count youtube I guess there is more, but twitch wise live servers can't really beat an emulated one at this point.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I take this as a positive sign. It will be interesting to see where it goes.
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I have streamed EQ to my GW2 guild and statics a few times, and other than "oh, thats better looking than osrs" the response has been ... very ungood.

I dont know what market they think theyre going to get.

It would be neat if it works, but MMOs in general are difficult to get eyes on outside guides and world first races, and those are hard carried by playerbases in the millions.
  17. Risiko Augur

DBG has not done anything to garner any glimmer of integrity enough over the past decade to convince me to partner my brand with them. I'd stop giving them free advertising by streaming their games before I would agree to work with them.

Want to start gaining a little integrity with your customers:
    1. Stop deleting posts you don't agree with
    2. Listen to your customers when they tell you that you are ruining the game for them. They are your PAYING customers. They kinda know what they want for their money.
    3. Fire the corrupt employees that are making a second income off of abusing your paying customers

Of course, I fully expect this post to be deleted because they honestly couldn't give two craps about their reputation in the industry. I'll post my screenshot of it to social media after they delete it to prove my point.
    Dre., Metanis, Herf and 2 others like this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Imma be honest, even if I did want to go down this route I'm apparently too dumb to figure out how to apply or what a Sidekiq is.
    Fenthen, Dre., Herf and 2 others like this.
  19. Opal Journeyman

I am predicting defcon level 1 cringe factor
  20. Riou EQResource

It suggests you will make one during the acceptance or what not

For something like EQ it is probably just a way to build out more "cheaper/free" advertisement especially for TLP launches or Expansion Launches I imagine would be the main parts hit with the "sponsorship" line in the article
    Marton likes this.