Benefits of using a Level 100 Heroic on a max level char?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Falconz, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Falconz Journeyman

I'm sure this has been answered (maybe in parts) at some point in the past, but I am intrigued. I have enough DBG Points to buy a level 100 Heroic.

I've been back playing for about a year, but in theory I've missed the past 8 years and then some. I've backtracked to about TBL (to at least get Janns veil) but really don't have any progression before that. I feel like Omens of War was the last expansion I really was into.

I am interested in Heroic AA's but dread starting back at CoTF for Mercs and Parts. I am a casually raiding Lvl 125 Mage, so every little bit helps.

Would popping a Level 100 Heroic grant me stuff like Progression, Heroic AA's, among other things that were released from level 100 and prior?
  2. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Nope, it grants DoN progression and MPG trials like the 85 one, and a higher tradeskills 100? maybe 125 skill point im not sure.
    CrazyLarth and Falconz like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

What would be fun is if they made a 115 heroic. I'm sure there would be a huge market for it.
  4. Falconz Journeyman

That would be quite interesting, They would definitely make some money off it. For the people who want to box a second character and don't want to deal with the level up grind.

I mean, there must be people on the fence right now wanting to make a level 100 heroic, but don't want to deal with the grind afterwards.

Only reason I think they won't come out with a 115 Heroic; ToV/ToL/LS missions themselves would get you very close to 125. Maybe add a few ToV Mercs/Partisans into that.
  5. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

i think the next ones would be 110, and that will not be until level cap gets to past 130, i would guess the only reason we even got the 100s is because once 120 was the level cap we could no longer group with the fresh 85s. i don't see them making a 115 unless they grant the paragon and and mercs from ToV expansion
  6. fransisco Augur

What benefits do you think they could give for a new heroic?
  7. Conq Augur

You should still get some plat, some lvl 100 gear and some bags and maybe a heroic mount?
    Conq
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And AA.

Heroics are a great way to override the AA cap on F2P since you get all the AA up to that Heroic level.
  9. Scorshe New Member

Minor warning! If you are an "evil"class and did Keeper's Progression it will force you to do Vishimtar again. You do get a cool title for your troubles, so there is that. I imagine it works the opposite way for the "Team Good Guys" as well.
  10. Falconz Journeyman

Like you said, level 115, even 110 would not be bad. But judging from the last heroic released (being a 15 level increment) i don't think we'll see one anytime soon.

I would have only popped a Heroic on my toon to get most of the achievements/mercs/partisans up until 100, but not going to since that's not possible.

I actually enjoy older content, so i don't mind PL'ing a char from 1-100 and saving the ~$40-50 it would cost to outright buy a heroic.
  11. Alnitak Augur

I am leveling up the third f2p character (112 currently, 2 others are at 115 already). Once it hits 115 I'll use Krono and get auto-grated AA's up-to ToV on 3 characters at once.
    1 Krono I've bought with pp vs. 3 Heroic Character tokens ... hmmm, my plan is cheaper.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Bags and mount. (just throwing that out there). I like the 100 heroic mount.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Play your cards right and use that Krono now to have a paid account when they give away the free level 100 Heroic in a week or so
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Heroic on a persona. Then the persona gets the levels and the main gets the stuff.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

Not 100% true. DON progression won't be shared unless you gain the appropriate faction. Everything else is though.
  16. Hegsheoshed Augur

There would also be the augments that would be awarded from doing the associated progression tasks for level 100. Non prestige augments.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Are personas flagged separately than the primary character? Do they have separate faction?

If I flag PoP on Vumad (ENC) and make Vumad (BST), will Vumad (BST) not be able to get into flagged zones? I did not think that is how that worked.
  18. DeadRagarr Augur

Flags are cross. PoP flagging I would assume <Never tried since its all unlocked on my chars> cross right over.

Faction however does not, which DoN is strictly linked to. Its in the AMA:

Q: AAs - Dragons of Norrath AAs really need to be shared. Is this something that is in the works?

Aristo: Assuming this is referencing Alternate Personas, we have definitely had discussions with the code team about that. It’s currently not something that we have the ability to do but we are investigating solutions for sharing quest AAs.

Meeko: The AA lines that Alternate Personas can share (as of the February update) are one-time grants given typically as part of Achievement rewards. However, the DoN AA line involves faction and there are multiple checks in place to prevent someone from obtaining these (or even remove them) when the game thinks they shouldn’t. The web of mechanics controlling them needs untangled and tweaked in order for these to end up being sharable between personas like other AA lines.

So currently until they patch it, DoN won't share, but stuff like flags etc should be 100% ok. Flags/keys/MPG <Assuming you enter Trials zone> all share correctly. DoN just sounds like a code issue they need to work around atm. They don't sound according to the post against them sharing but, need to figure a way w/o breaking it most likely.
    Vumad likes this.
  19. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

As cool as that sounds, but the 100 heroic allows you to group with a 125 AND allow you to group with a 130 when/if they move forward with level increase etc. The 85s made it difficult because you have to grind exp solo to group with higher levels, If they continue to give higher level toons they mine as well just hand out Free 125s then.