A thread for the shorties

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chanaluss, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Hammering this horse to death, but with all the BST/BER talk I want to talk about those with the most-ignored plight on TLPs: The short hybrids and the frogs

Halfling Rangers (Luclin)
    Halfling Paladins (Luclin)
    Gnome Paladins (Luclin)
    Gnome Shadowknights (Luclin)
    Guktans [CLR, NEC, PAL, ROG, SHD, SHM, WAR, WIZ] (LoY)
    Guktan Monk (COTF)

Please implement them all in classic. There is no lore justification, and to our understanding there is not a programming constraint that restricts the hybrids from being added to those races in classic. Frogs live in Rathe Mountains now so they could be added at any time. And almost no TLP player has even SEEN a froglok monk. Depriving TLPs of that comedy seems mean. Also, it would save us from the scourge of eyepatch humans.

Restricting races and classes that do not have a geographical barrier caused by an expansion is awful and makes the experience worse for those who want to play something they like, but have to wait months to years to even get to play them on their server of choice.
  2. Ddezul Augur

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Also, and this would transform EQ, no more gnomes please.

Those bald blights have been ruining our lands forever! GNOMORE should be the clarion call. If someone choose "gnome" as race in character creation , they should get a digital slap for bad taste! :p
    Shalom and Chanaluss like this.
  4. Manafasto Augur

I have never played a pally but if I was going to play a pally it would definitely be a gnome.
    Appren likes this.
  5. Piznut Angry Gnome

Honestly I never played a SK, Ranger, or Paladin in classic on any TLP, and the only reason is because I can't be a gnome or halfling. I only play short races.
  6. Sakuraba Augur

100%. Waiting till Velious for knee high rangers is a crime.
  7. Arclyte Augur

you're lucky Verant screwed up and didn't make halflings and gnomes NPC monster races like they should have
    code-zero and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Dwarf paladin?

Say no to gnomes! :p

9. Piznut Angry Gnome

Dwarves are only medium short! I need short short.
  10. Demetri Augur

Ratonga/Chetari aren't an EQ1 race yet.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hmmmm I was wondering what race to be for a pally, I think you may have just decided for me.

Trying to pick different races for each class....Wish I never started lol
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

To me Dwarfs make great clerics rogues and paladins
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rogue will be gnome, cleric will be high elf, I have my own reasons for those choices, but mainly for tradeskills. :)
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  14. Shalom Quillmane Bane

YEAH EFF GNOMES *kicks a chair*
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

My general favorites

High Elf Enchanter

Halfling Druid

Dwarf Cleric

Gnome SK

Vah Shir Shaman

Human Bard

Ogre Warrior

Froglok Wizard

Wood Elf Ranger

Not really much of a fan of Paladin, Rogue, Necro or Magician

Did do a Necro Druid combo on Combine but much prefer a Enchanter with a druid.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm planning on playing around with personas, so I'm going to make them work for me. 1 char will have chanter, rogue, shaman, ranger, one of which needs to be a gnome so I decided on rogue as she won't be getting tinker mask, other masks will be available at some stage of the game, even if I have to wait until I can solo them.

Shaman is usually Vah Shir but I want to play around with Kunark quests and level her in Kunark so going Iksar this year.

Cleric I want to be able to imbue Emeralds so she has to be High elf.

Druid will be half elf for Planes Pebbles.

Ranger will be Wood Elf for fletching.

Enchanter is Erudite as I want someone on Odus.

Beastlord has to be Vah Shir. Love my kitty pet.

Been thinking about a human, but cannot decide on class. Bard might work, but not sure I want it on this account.
  17. SteamFox Augur

This is a good idea, lets make it available when the race is available or in classic, whichever is later!
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Halfling Druid can imbue Plains Pebble and make Haversacks.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hmm might need to rethink that one.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  20. CdeezNotes Augur

At least they don't live in sewer like the iksars do. Disgusting. Cabilis should just be turned into Norrath's landfill. We'd be better off.