Fixed Internally Chasing What's Not Real Bug: Leave of Absence

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chantee, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Chantee New Member

I am on the step where you right click the Leave of Absence in the empty room. I went with a group of friends. Each of them was able to click their Leave in the empty room except me. When I click the letter, nothing happens. I am properly on the step "Examine the clue within the empty meeting room"

I get no error message, no casting, nothing. I am stuck and cannot advance. I tried handing it to a pet, handing it back to Alta again, nothing works. I REALLY do not want to start over after hours of running to all those zones!
    Dyna2, Razzy, Tallie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Skyzul New Member

I clicked the Leave of Absence in the empty room. It casted. Nothing happened. The quest did not update. I can no longer click this Leave of Absence Letter so I can not progress. The rest of my group was able to click their letter and it worked fine. Please fix.
    Dyna2, Kialya, Cerryn and 1 other person like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Walk back out of the room and back in and click. 1/6 of my characters had this bug out and that was what fixed it for me.
  4. Skyzul New Member

Things I have tried:

1. Logging
    2. Walking out of the room and back
    3. Trying to hand the note to a pet
    4. Trying to hand the note back to Alta
    5. Trying different places in the room
    6. Making a hotkey and clicking that instead

I am open to any other suggestions??

Tried suspending my pet. Still no workie
    Dyna2 likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Open Quest Journal and check carefully, are you on the Shar Vahl step or the CR step? If you missed the SV click then you are behind.

• Seek a clue within an empty room in Shar Vahl, Divided 0/1 (Shar Vahl, Divided)
    • Take the latest clue to Alta 0/1 (Crescent Reach)
      • Return to Crescent Reach and Turn in the Clue to Alta (as indicated by [IMG] on the map)
    • Examine the Clue within the empty meeting room 0/1 (Crescent Reach)
      • Right-Click the Clue in the room upstairs (as indicated by [IMG] on the map), this will update after some lore
  6. Gialana Augur

After you cast, it takes about 20 seconds for the script to run, spawn a bunch of dragons that come to you, and update the task. When the task updates, the leave of absence should disappear. If you try to cast while someone, including you, is in the middle of the script, you get the message that too much is going on. I don't know what would happen if you run out of the room after clicking but before the script finishes.
    Conq likes this.
  7. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Mar 17 22:05:09 2024

Character: Level 125 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Shar Vahl, Divided

Description: Chasing whats not real, quest is bugged with bard class. i have done it with Wizard, Shadow Knight and it worked has intended. I then tried it with me main bard and i get stuck on the step "Examine the Clue within the empty meeting room 0/1 (Crescent Reach)"
    it will not let me click the clue. i dropped quest re got and still the same at the exact same step. i then tried with another bard on a seperate account and i got the same result.
    Kialya, Cerryn, Tallie and 2 others like this.
  8. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

are you a bard by chance?
  9. Tallie Elder

I too am having problems. I am on the shar vahl step. But when I click the Leave of Absence nothing happens. It doesn't even cast. I have tried logging in and out, retracing steps, making sure I was the only one in the room. I get no messages.

If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.
  10. Tallie Elder

Same here as far as the note not clicking.
    Dyna2, Kialya and Skyzul like this.
  11. Skyzul New Member

No, Mage.
  12. Skyzul New Member

Ty for trying to help!
    I am on the step where it says to Examine the clue in the empty room upstairs. It *did* cast once but nothing happened, and now it will not click any more or update the quest..
  13. Warpeace Augur

Its a very slow script.
  14. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Worked for my bard, didn't have to do anything unusual or different from my other classes.
  15. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Tried again this morning, 3rd time and not worked. also did it with another at the same time, that one worked has it should.
  16. Iuwene Augur

Worked for my bard. Might be another issue.
    Did you had a song active while clicking ?
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

There are 2 rooms. You want the left one.
  18. Scorshe New Member

Several guildmates had similar issues even when boxing. They tried using a persona and it worked right away. One already had a persona on the character and once created one just to see if that would let him complete the step. For what it's worth, that helped them
    Kialya likes this.
  19. Cerryn Journeyman

We had 7 people do this quest and two are stuck on the very same step (Ench and Pal). They even tried deleting and refetching the item from Shar Vahl but no luck.

I'll let them know about the persona trick to test, but very disappointing to need to resort to that.
    Dyna2 likes this.
  20. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

i know, i have completed it on multiple different characters. Just stuck on one.

No songs at all