Bind Affinity Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by weewooweewoo, Mar 16, 2024.

1. weewooweewoo Journeyman

Did they change Bind to not work in certain zones? I was just on test and phinny was dead so I wanted to bind at his spawn and gate back when he was up and it would not let me Bind in kedge. You could bind in kedge on Oakwynd, have they turned off bind In certain areas since last june?

I also remember being able to bind in Sol B at Efreeti has that also been changed?
  2. theonepercent Augur

3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Appren likes this.
  4. Bernel Augur

From the 3/13 patch notes:
    fransisco and Rijacki like this.
  5. Doezit Lorekeeper

Also, Lower Guk is a no-bind zone.
  6. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

The 5 players in classic TLP who (ab)use the perk (where you can't de level from exp loss on death) at level 50 to "solo" raid mobs will be devastated. Bonus points to those who remember how our resident non-player white knighted some imaginary technicality around this perk ("you still lose exp, but just not the level" or some such trite).

“You will no longer be able to bind in Nagafen's Lair, Permafrost Keep, Kedge Keep, Plane of Sky, and Plane of Fear.”
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Everytime they change something that has been on live for 25 years a bixie dies.....they need to consider the consequences of bring in new features and change those features and not the game that hasn't had issues until new features were brought in.

The ability to not lose level in those zones should have been restricted not removing bind.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Remember when one guy hoarded millions of bone chips across characters, and come Kunark, turned them in for levels in a TLP (Ragefire I think ? Oh Phinegel?)? The fix by DPG was to kill exp. ACROSS ALL QUESTS, even ones like gnoll tooth (nodrop item).

Easy solution is always the road taken, never the correct/effective one.

In this specific case, touching that perk would be more work than the easy one of making said zones non-bindable.

You would think some impact analysis were done when the perks were introduced (especially for TLPs which are good revenue for DPG)...and you would be wrong.
    maxisbored likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Once again, TLP players and Daybreak's greed (selling those perks) brings ruin to all. Those perks should never go active until a server hits the expansion they were originally introdued (CoV in thise case I think).
  10. Kahna Augur

Wanting to continue paying the salaries of one’s employees is hardly greed. They are including TLP players more and more in everything they develop. The past several expansions have had something that can be used on TLPs because they want you buying expansions too. I expect that to continue Every year something new is going to be added to TLP and we will have to adjust. They aren’t going to exclude perks either. This is fine, hardly the end of the world.
  11. Bernel Augur

It does seem like they need a better solution for this situation. The exploiters will find different mobs in different zones to zerg attack. Pretty soon we won't be able to bind in any zones.
    Yinla likes this.