Tormax and Teek servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Zansobar Augur

I don't see the point of launching past Classic. If you want to start in Kunark just wait 4 weeks and roll your toons then. But if you want to start in Classic, you can't with a Kunark (or any other later expansion launch).
    Cfuson likes this.
  2. theonepercent Augur

You can play in classic at any point of a TLP. We've had more than enough classic starts, it's time for something different.
    Manafasto, Fizon, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kahna Augur

Yeeeah, because no one ever groups in classic zones during Kunark. Heck you still even kill classic raid mobs in Kunark if you want those epic drops. I don't think it will start in Kunark but this is just a silly argument.
  4. CdeezNotes Augur

I can't imagine wanting to do the same leveling path every year. Wish there was a POP or beyond start to skip all the brain dead content that exists in the trilogy. Killing frogs in Guk only to kill more in Seb...so fun /s
    Fizon likes this.
  5. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Major problem for PVP lovers...

A PVP TLP would start well smaller than a non PVP but enough to sustain for a time.

The player base in PVP get off on chasing people from the server...lol They will relentless kill a player over and over never allowing them to level and they quit, move to next until they run out of players to grief.

Not to mention I can only imagine the CS nightmare a PVP server generates....lol

I am not against them doing a PVP as long as there is also a PVE server.

But I do not think it will happen....there is interest but it is just not near as large as many PVP lovers want to believe. Have seen them try and get a PVP crowd on a PVE server which just does not work, the PVP crowd will never be happy with players on the server they can not attack.
  6. Xhieron Elder

The tedium of killing frogs in a dozen different locations has certainly gotten me to skip TLPs in years past, but I'm not sure there's a fix that doesn't require more fundamental changes (e.g., making LGuk and Seb less attractive). Every single expansion has its preferred leveling route and farming spots, and they're all the result of twenty-five years of optimization. There's no TLP start you could craft that wouldn't be solved before launch.

Even so--some folks just want to kill frogs. After all, they keep coming back year after year for more frogs. That's part of the conceit of the TLP, after all: Did you like that thing you did twenty-five years ago? Want to hop back on for another round? The more you change it, the less it resembles the thing that made people want it in the first place.

Personally I'd love to see another Luclin start a la Selo (or even an OOW start, just because I want to see some new stuff and would like to have the population already selected for people who are also in for that--yes, I appreciate that that option already exists on prior TLPs, but the same's true for any other non-classic start), but I appreciate that for a lot of people, it's frogs and always has been. I can't begrudge anybody who did 25 years of frogs to prefer their 26th year also be frogs.

I'm just a little tired of frogs myself--unless I can play one on TLP launch. Then frogs all the way.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If there was demand for a new PvP server seems like it would be easy for the creators of P99 to make a new one for those players. Given that doesn't seem to be happening I would question that demand.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You are just going to get the other eleven PvP TLE requestors to post now (I am being generous with the number btw)!

It is an annual ritual on the forums.

9. KobalWR Lorekeeper

The launch of a new TLP server is a special time with a lot of people around. This is when we need more dungeons to explore, new leveling paths, more overall space so XP and farming spots are less crowded.
    4 weeks after launch, it's very different. Main characters are 50-60 so there's no need to explore low level areas anymore. Also, there are already a lot less pick up groups.
    What most people want, I think, is to combine a non-classic start with the usual launch crazyness.
  10. Stagentti Augur

I imagine DPG feels there are more people who won't play unless they get time in Classic vs people who won't play if they have to do Classic again.
  11. Larsen Augur

There is a meaningful demand for a PvP server, but no desire to provide one from P99. The first one died not because there was no demand but because it was run really badly with no enforcement of the rules, so a certain guild was allowed to train everybody off the server until it died. Whenever someone launches a new PvP box, it gets hundreds of players; but nobody has the robust code or general permanency of P99, so it doesn't last.

Whenever someone points to the lack of players on red99 as evidence of the lack of demand for PvP, I want to make an analogy. It's like cooking lasagna for your kids, but burning it so horribly that they won't eat it, and then deciding that this is proof that there's no demand for lasagna in the family. Red99 botched their launch, and nobody is going to start playing on a PvP server that has already reached its end station.

There will never be a PvP TLP, though. It would be dead on arrival. Far too many wildly unbalanced non-classic mehcanics, out-of-era healing potions, That One Program that 50% of players use, respawning with your gear meaning you can bind-rush endlessly with no recourse for the target, etc. There are way too many things in the TLP package that are wholly incompatible with PvP.
    KobalWR likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Strange how there is a supposed demand for a new PvP server yet everyone who has the ability to create a new one doesn't see that demand. Maybe the real issue is that a small group of players tend to forget all the problems around PvP and the problems that they do remember they think will be magically solved on a new server.
    Xhieron likes this.
  13. coltongrundy Augur

cmon lets go the anniversary has come and gone it's time to announce the TLPs already
  14. sadre Augur

A Kunark launch is a half-measure, weak tea, beating around the bush. But there are other fish to fry.

Velious at launch. It also locks at Velious. And once you hit 60, npc's in unisex pantsuits will randomly spawn in zones you are in and try to hunt you down.

If they kill you, you get dumped to live. You can kill them. But they might spawn at a bad time, and they regen unless you get the kill shot.

Logan's Run server.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thank you, I'd be happy with a Kunark start though.
  16. Xhieron Elder

My favorite thing about this is that being transferred to a live server is equivalent to dying and going to hell/oblivion. --It's not wrong, but still.