List of TLP release dates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ainamaf, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Ainamaf New Member

LMK if I have any of these wrong. but this doesnt show a clear trend on exactly what day new TLP will be. PTO requests will have to wait :(

Ragefire Released on May 20th, 2016
    Agnarr released on May 24, 2017 at 2pm PST.
    Coirnav released on March 16. 2018 at 2pm PT.
    Mangler was released on March 16, 2019 at 12pm PT.
    Aradune / Rizlona released on May 27, 2020 at 12pm PDT.
    Mischief and ThornBlade released on May 26, 2021 at 12pm PDT
    Vaniki/Yelinak released on May 25th, 2022 at 12:00 PM PDT.
    Oakwynd was released on Wednesday May 24th, 2023

Some great TLP info on things like what changes/released when on TLP's
    EQ:progression Servers :: Wiki :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
  2. magikarp Elder

it’s been the 3rd weds of may for a few years now

so may 22, 2024 is a good guess
  3. Zansobar Augur

It is almost always the wednesday before Memorial Day weekend.
  4. Stagentti Augur

*4th
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Launching with May's patch for the last couple of years with the announcement scheduled a little while before that.
  6. Brunlin Augur

Phinigel : was released on December 9th, 2015.
    Miragul: Not a traditional TLP, but still a tlp open on November 5, 2019
    Quarm : Not a TLP but the only event server went live on June 16, 2016
    None of the above servers have anything to do with guessing the new TLPs coming out, but i included them to this post for a complete list.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Well, we're forgetting the OGs

2006 - The Combine / The Sleeper
    2011 - Fippy, Vulak and Lockjaw
    fransisco, Sanduleak and jeskola like this.
  8. Sanduleak Journeyman

The Combine and The Sleeper were the last time that EverQuest felt magical to me.I had so much fun during that time. The only era of EQ better was Pre-SoL during the classic era.
  9. Xhieron Elder

I missed out on Combine/Sleeper, but Fippy was that way. It was EQ, warts and all, so a fundamentally bipolar experience: incredible highs and super low lows. I have some people I still hate due to things they did on Fippy (and who I'll almost certainly never encounter again), and I also have folks I still talk to from time to time who I met on Fippy.

What really blows my mind is the dates. It's the Cleopatra-Pyramids, Stegosaur-Tyrannosaur phenomenon: Fippy was longer ago now than EQ's launch had been when I was on Fippy.

Of course, it was also the last time that my EQ buddy's and my schedule both lined up at the same time and were open enough that we could play for long stretches into the wee hours. That certainly has a lot to do with it. Now that we're squarely in the Oops! All Dads era of TLP, I think some of that magic may be just gone for good.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  10. Libbo New Member

exciting!
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Combine Sleeper was to me the best Progression Servers in the History of EQ.

Racing to Unlock.

Racing a different Server.

Website that tracked the progression.

Fippy was fun...but certain groups keeping content locked down got old.

It was late 2012 when I just stopped playing EQ...

Oakwynd and FTE brought me back and while it is not perfect it did fix several things for me.

The economy on Oakwynd is shot hoping for a solid rule set in May or I will be done again...lol
    Sanduleak likes this.
  12. SnapVine Augur

the progression tracking website for first kills and finding items was super cool. I'll miss that since we'll never see it again RIP
  13. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

While I wasn't a fan of racing to unlock on Sleeper/Combine and how fast it went...

I have always felt they should have a tracker website and require all that stuff to be completed and tracked. Possibly some fun claims associated for each of the things they had on that site or first 3.

A shame they don't have the personnel/budget to do the fun things that could be done with the game.
  14. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

While I would prefer a slower pace for unlocking the servers competing was a big draw...
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You can compete on any server. Join a top 2/3 guild and compete. I've been competing my whole life in this game. I mean the racing might be fun for you but that is far different then competing. And the servers did not compete btw. Each server had their own page.
  16. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Tell me you were not there without telling me you were not there...

The servers were most certainly racing to see which server could unlock the fastest.

Competing against a guild on your server has never been fun...in fact it was very TOXIC.
  17. jeskola pheerie

The first Progression server launched 7 years after EQ launched.

This year's TLP servers will be launching 18 years after the first Progression server

In two years we will be hitting the 20th anniversary of EQ Progression Servers.

Kind of mind-blowing. or mind-numbing...
  18. Arclyte Augur

it's a testament to how terrible most games are

I dont want to be playing a 25 year old game but everything sucks so here i am, lets kill some frogs
    samenye and jeskola like this.
  19. Fizon Augur

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    I would say that most eq players would disagree with you.
  20. fransisco Augur

Rose colored glasses is my bet. Everyone remembers the fond memories of classic through pop. No one remembers how 90% of your in game time was spent lfg. How many times did you log on and were unable to play cause you couldnt get a group and or there wasn't the right set of people to make a group with?