The free crown ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What does it go with?
    What ornament set does it match up with?
  2. Febb Augur

Do you mean as in what ornamentation set is the same color or are you looking for a robe that is royal like?
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you're wearing gold-ish ornamentation, it sort of fits in with that color scheme. Which is odd, because it's a SILVER crown.
  4. Malore New Member

It looks good with Copperleaf.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Mine looks silver on all my characters. Doesn't matter what race or class - they all came out silver and look like construction workers hats: (without the brim)

[IMG]
    Gorehammer likes this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Having worked several different construction jobs over the years, I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a construction worker hat that looked like the one you linked.
    Hobs, Toukan and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  7. Muramx Augur

The grown like all the open face helms look so dopey on Iksar...
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How odd you have never seen one. They are quite common in the states that get real hot in the summer. Usually can see them on the road crews in Arizona/Calif/Nevada due to the over 110 degree temps. These keep their necks from getting sun burned and provide shade to their eyes. They are not seen as often on building construction

Most companies will provide them per OSHA or you can get them many places like amazon, construction supply stores etc
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not that odd. I've never seen them either. But, I live ~2000 miles from those states.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nor have I. It looks a little like the dork son's hat from one of the vacation movies. I live in So. California and have my whole life. My Dad was a HVAC contractor and I kind of grew up on construction sites. Maybe it's a Gen Useless sort of thing?
    Hobs, Toukan and Yinla like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I want a Guatemalan hat ornament that plays "Two Princes" every time I equip it, like in the South Park episode. Can you imagine how massive that thing would look on an erudite?
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

No

(photos I just found on the web)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Yes.

I had this hat in the early 90's. One day I heard this blimp flying around outside. I walked out and looked up and it had a huge pink pig on the side of it with Pink Floyd written on it. I ran and got this hat on and stood on the carport roof waving my hands up in the air and the blimp dove down and up and down and up... waving back at us.
    I lost the cap on a windy day.
    Hobs, Bobokin, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  13. Monkeychunks Augur

I have seen what your talking about when construction guys are paving the highway. They wear long sleeve shirts too.

[IMG]
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The cloth on the crown is better than characters going bald while wearing it. It might have been better as a nimbus than an ornament.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah it seems more popular for outside workers on highways/roadways, not ones that are inside buildings. It helps protect them from skin cancer on the neck.

They came about because a lot of the workers would just put a rag under the hat to cover the neck and then they made these.

Its just like those little square tabs in the pavement that no one notices either.Just cause you don't know about them does not mean they are silly or do not exist. Guy that did those got rich at 5 cents each.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

The photo shown in another post, the road crew worker wearing it under a hard hat, that's how I've seen it. Never by itself as you showed it.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

You are all wrong -

[IMG]
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

19. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Thanks for the free item. At the same time, the cloth part of the 'crown' is so bad. A crown should just be a crown.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Veteran_BetaTester likes this.