Persona Aug Stripping

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Toni, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Logged in this morning after patch, swapped persona and my inventory was full of augs again!
    9 pieces of gear had augs fully stripped.
    Ginormus, niente and Kantia like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

you probably saved the personas gear without the augs so it will pop them out when you swap to that persona
  3. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

let's assume I didn't.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Knifen Augur

Wait so swapping personas removes all augs? Does this happen everytime you swap? Does it use distillers from inventory or does is do it without distillers, would be nice to find away to not have to use distillers for Extra Planar Potential Shards. Sorry waiting 6-12 months before I try a persona so cant check myself.
  5. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

for the first time today it stripped my extra planar potential shards, no, it doesn't use distillers to rip the augs out.
  6. niente Developer

There's something new wrong w/ it, I'm looking at it but didn't figure it out yet.
    Nennius and Dre. like this.
  7. Knifen Augur

No no I like that feature, working as intended not a bug. Fixed internally.
  8. niente Developer

Hah, you'll like it less and less as time goes on. Unless you like manually putting augs in every swap :p
  9. Knifen Augur

To save from having to hunt for extra planar shards that dont want to drop anymore. Im in. But I get it, id imagine over time doing that over and over before expansion end would get old. Perhaps remove the perfected distiller tag from the extra planar shards. We can meet in the middle there.
  10. Kaelwyse Journeyman

Never spend real money on a perfected distiller.

Price for the most expensive Krono option, $18. On most servers you could immediately sell on barter for 2M plat. With a gold discount, the distiller costs $2.25.

2Mpp / $18 x $2.25 = 278Kpp

If you can rebuy your augments for less than 278K, it is cheaper to destroy them and rebuy.

And I used the most conservative numbers. If you but a package that makes Krono cheaper, if you still them for more, or don't get the guild discount, that 278K threshold goes up.

(I am aware you can also buy them with loyalty, in which case the comparison is how much you value the distiller vs the other things you may spend loyalty on.)
  11. niente Developer

I spent 1/2 the day on this but frustratingly still haven't reproduced it locally. More info from others who run into this would be welcome.

It seems like part of the bug may be caused by a server restart, which even though I can do internally, is not causing the bug to occur.

It also seems like once you fix your equipment set it doesn't occur again. At least not right away (I haven't gotten it to happen more than once).

Some questions:
    1. What class is your PC originally?
    2. What class is your persona who you logged out as, or swapped to when the bug occurred?
    3. What class did you log out as before the patch?
    4. Did that class have a problem with their equipment set when you logged in, or only after swapping?
    5. What slots are missing augments? Are they missing all augments?
    6. Are the items missing augments used in both classes equipment sets or just one?
    Thanks
  12. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

1) enchanter
    2) Shadowknight swapping to enchanter
    3) Shadowknight
    4) only after swapping
    5) Chest/Arm/left Wrist/face/charm/gloves/left ring (that I recall)
    6) the augments are used in the enchanter persona but also the non visibles are used in my bard persona, but I didn't log in or swap to the bard persona. there are no shared items/augs between my sk/enchanter personas.
  13. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

swapped to bard just now from enchanter
    helm lost type 5
    face lost all 3
    chest lost all 3
    belt lost all 3
    primary weapon lost type 20 + type 8
    pants lost type 5
    gloves lost type 5 / type 8
    cloak lost type 5
    left ring lost type 5
    right ring lost type 3
  14. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

okay so I've swapped around today and the bug has not come back. It seems to have been the only first time post server reset. I asked a couple of the other people using persona on the server about it and they said it only happened after their first swap as well but then went away.
  15. Ginormus Journeyman

Happens to me a lot between SHM and SHD.
    It strips "some augs", not all, on "some items", not all. It seems to happen a few times after a server up (after patch), and then not anymore.

Happens a lot more on the (evolving) neck piece, and weapons. By the way, if it is intentional to strip augs from equipped items in order to allow people to use the same item or the same aug on more than one persona, then how do you manage weapons in bandolier. I mean I cannot equip both 1h+shield and 2h weapons just to prevent the stripping of augments.
  16. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

This happened to my personas (all) after both the Feb and March patch, it only happened the first time I swapped personas post-patch. Most personas it's just an aug or two (on recently changed gear), maybe a few pieces of gear in some cases... however:

Have an 86SK in TBM gear (4aug slots per) that created a persona a few days prior to the patch (I switched personas a few times and saved gear sets). Swapping to WIZ post patch it removed every single aug except primary weapon and shield. It it weren't for two empty 40slot bags I would have been in itemoverflowhell.

Fortunately this one was easily fixed as I use the same gear set on both; swapped back to the char that I logged in on, saved gear set on both personas, then swapped personas again.

1. SK
    2. Logged out as SK, swapped to WIZ post patch.
    3. Lost augs on first persona swap post patch (pretty sure it was SK to WIZ).
    4. After swapping.
    5. All except prim/secondary.
    6. Both personas use same gear (I stripped the wiz port mule after getting 100, and just use the SK gear and Wizmule is essentially naked).
  17. Grimblekin Journeyman

I've noticed it happens to me sometimes if I have the same augs in different gear for different personas.

One reproducible issue i've noticed is that my brells shawl is shoulder only for my SK persona (AC aug in it isn't belt usable (Incarnadine Gemstone). When I switch to my ranger gear, who has the shawl in his belt slot, it will give a message about the shawl being unusuable in that slot, and always stick the shawl, unaugmented, into my inventory. I think it's trying to move the shawl to the belt slot before adjusting the augs, making the item seem unusable. Then removing the aug afterwards.

Something similar could be happening if folks are swapping a lot of augs around to different slots between personas.
  18. aozs Augur

I'm also seeing some augs pop out when swapping, but in my case:

1) The set I'm swapping to is fully intact. The augs only pop out for the gear that's now in my inventory.
    2) When I swap back, the augs magically pop themselves back in, so I don't need to take action to restore the gear set.

I haven't tried messing with the loose augs, so I don't know if putting them in other gear will mess up their ability to magically resocket.