Not A Bug Some JERK put a campfire on TOP of the rock in Riwwi

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kiazel, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Kiazel New Member

Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Sat Mar 16 23:06:31 2024

Character: Level 125 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Riwwi, Coliseum of Games

Description: It seems some not so nice person put a campfire on TOP of the quest rock in Riwwi for the 25th Anniversary. No one can see/click the rock to advance the quest. Really annoying. Can we have a hide campfire command or prevent someone from placing a campfire on top of the quest items? There are about 20 of us here on Luclin trying to click this rock ...
    Fanra, Fenthen, Nennius and 6 others like this.
  2. Conq Augur

One can use the find button to ascertain the identity of the owner of said fellowship campfire and possibly use that information to send a tell that could possibly improve tensions. Or not.
    Conq
    Nennius, Kaenneth and Silvena like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they gave us the option to hide other people's campfires, this would never be an issue.
    Korea numbah3, Fanra, Svann2 and 7 others like this.
  4. Lubianx Augur

At least it wasn't on top of the Seru or Bloodfields one.

Whoever thought of putting that Bloodfields one where it is must be incredibly evil.
    Rijacki and alanus like this.
  5. Moege Augur

Seru one is amusing, can see who is following certain guides. Standing around in the wrong place looking for the item.
  6. NyteShayd Elder

Not if you're blue/green colorblind.
    Rijacki and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Simple fix would be for campfires be able to determine there is an object there.
    "You cannot plant a campfire here, there seems to be something in the way."

Although, not sure if someone picks up the item first?
    Possibly make item spawning kill any campfire? That would be fun :) or move the annoying asshats campfire to some random zone or the cat room?

Marking specific locations 'nocampfire' would probably be a pita.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

/hidecampfire [all][none]

Most of the time having a visible campfire is not useful and just annoying when it interferes with gameplay or smokes up a room when there are too many. Let us hide them.
    Silvena, Dre., Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bernel Augur

Is there a purpose to having campfires be visible to non-fellowship members? I know they are used in unconventional ways, like to mark spots for raids, but those uses could be done by something that wasn't a campfire. As far as fellowship campfires go, is there a reason for anyone to know that they are there if they aren't part of the fellowship?

The other thing I'm wondering about hiding them is if that would really make them go away or just be invisible. Like with /hidemodels, I can still click on the person even if I can't see their model. If campfires were hidden, would they still exist in the world and still block access to what was beneath them?
    Dre. likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I use track to find other player's campfires so I kinda know where they are so I don't encroach on their camp since no one answers "camp check?" anymore.

But other than that they are no more annoying to me than someone popping Jester in the lobby. Which is just as useless.
  11. Gialana Augur

I think you can also use find for others' campfires and get the red X on your map. It might take a little longer for find to refresh vs track, though.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

More like those Ogres who sit on Caden Zharik
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Fixed that.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

An image that will require surgery to be removed from my brain. :eek:
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We already have the cannot plant a campfire if the ground is not level / you are not on the ground. So this seems like something that can be done.

The ability to hide campfires, /showcampfire [all][none][fellowship], (fellowship would only show your fellowship's campfire) would be the best solution, though.
    CatsPaws and Silvena like this.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

While this isn't a bug, we will consider ways to improve this experience in the future.
    fransisco likes this.