Event quests and their rewards (soloable)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rijacki, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So many of the event quests have a reward that is so paltry compared to the effort of the quest the only reason to do them is if you're a completionist.

The 25th Anniversary quest that's not group or raid, the reward is 2p. The tasks are to run to several different zones that are extremely vaguely referenced in the clues and search for a nearly impossibly to see against the background ground spawn. Even if you know each spot ahead of time and are transported in the shortest route, the quest will take 30+ mins. If you're not one of the classes that has teleportation spells, quite a bit longer. Yes, there is no fighting, unless you get attacked by the stuff in each of the zones, but the reward is... well... crap, just 2p and 10 anniversary coins. If you use the guild hall teleporter to reduce some of the runs, you'll be spending quite a bit more plat than that to get to some of the destinations (i.e Undershore to get to Dreadspire Keep).

I know EQ is not intended to be a solo game but rewards for doing anything solo doesn't need to be so paltry to encourage that. Unless someone is a completionist, why would they want to do most of the event content?

The quest taking you all over Norrath isn't a bad thing, it's just that the reward is CRAP for the amount of time it takes to do the quest which is true of a lot of the event quests, even some of the ones needing a group.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Have to do those if you want to request the mission which has the real loot
    Fanra, Szilent and Svann2 like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The easy way to Dreadspire is to ask Jimothy (the gingerbread man) in POK for his quest, Magically Delicious. There is a step in that quest where you speak to the librarian in the library and he will send you to a couple zones, one of them is Dreadpsire Keep. You don't need to do any of the steps, just ask the librarian and pick Dreadspire.

There is another anniversary quest I use this quest as a piggy back to get to Dreadspires. The one where you fed the stuff to the bats? And maybe one more.
    Kaenneth, Fanra and Rijacki like this.