Self selection in client during combat

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Egot, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Egot Elder

sometime during combat there is some sort of targeting of the logged in PC outside the necro class
  2. Scila Augur

huh? Do you mean sometimes during combat instead of targeting the NPC you will target yourself or another player? This is an old recurring bug. I haven't had it happen this xpac so far, but the last xpac or two I was constantly having to retarget if I noticed it before I dotted myself to death before I could cure it.
    Egot likes this.
  3. Oberan Elder

how are you selecting your targets.. are you clicking on them? are you selecting them in advanced target. are you using a cycle targets hotkey?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

In options (alt-O) on the left side halfway down is Click Through Self. You want that on.
  5. Egot Elder

That is the issue as I am not targeting anything during the events where the client self targets and still end up sometimes with negative effects if the event isn't caught, this was especially prevalent in Ka Vethan instanced version
  6. Scila Augur

I have always had that on Svann it's spastic but hasn't happened for a long time with me. And with me, it depends on whether I'm in a group and not puller or I'm puller happens either way. It seems to have resolve with this last xpac /knocks on wooden head.