What you get!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Mar 16, 2024.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I commend the staff for clarifying how items for this are given to the account, which accounts, which characters and for how long or when they end. Very clear and what the players have asked for in the past. Keep up the full disclosure!

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-25th-anniversary-2024
    Ndaara, Nennius and Fanra like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like the art.
  3. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Druid is third most played class? Dark elves being second most popular race? Where are these numbers coming from
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Probably a lot of characters that haven't been logged into in 10+ years or TLPs skew it that much.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

I'd expect ogres to be near top if TLPs skewed it that much seeing how everyone is like "omg no stuns!!!!1111"
  6. error Augur

More strange that bard didn't make the list when every box crew has one. Guessing it's just pulled from every character ever created regardless of level, account activity, or playtime.
  7. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

What is really funny is the + sign after a lot of the statements. Like Spells: 68970 + number of spells in game. your telling me they cannot even figure out the exact number of spells in game? How are we supposed to take any of these numbers seriously?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

They can/do add new ones pretty much every day, the graphic isn't instantly created
    Nniki, Syylke_EMarr and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

So no more new zones? Actually that tracks.

just kidding, you make an excellent point.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Sorry, I have to say this, the crown sucks.
    If it was just the gold crown fine, but the cloth as well doesn't match anything on any toon I have.
    It is just odd.
    I wish the crown was a /claim because it is going to be taking up a bank slot. IF I keep it.
    And why again do bows and shields get missed on ornaments?
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

www.guesswork.org
  12. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Mesc said:
    “What is really funny is the + sign after a lot of the statements. Like Spells: 68970 + number of spells in game. your telling me they cannot even figure out the exact number of spells in game? How are we supposed to take any of these numbers seriously?”
    They add new spells every day? i am confused. They say there are 68970 + spells in the game. My question is how can they not know the exact number. It seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. You add up all the spells each class has, add in all the npc spells and you get the number of spells that are in game. How are they creating new spells every day?
    Or do you mean that is the amount of spells for sale in the game?
  13. Riou EQResource

The graphic takes time to make, and they work on Beta which is where they got the spell count figure from (at the time given to whichever dept made the graphic of all the stats), and that value goes up as they create new content

All the ones with a + by them were most likely taken from Beta figures instead of Live figures
    Mesc likes this.
  14. Bilderov Augur

I'm with you on this one, I assume (possibly incorrectly) that there is some form of database for spells (as they do have an ID assigned to them). Surely it is just a case of running a query against that database.

What I suspect may have happened is that it is an old system and over the years possibly spells from certain NPCs haven't been designated as spells for whatever reason. They probably hit a number that was easy for them to get and then thought, "and there's all those others that are a pain to identify, so we'll just add a +'
    Mesc likes this.
  15. Febb Augur

Look at the spells_us.txt file in your EQ directory, there is where you can find info on spells, look at how many rows are in that file. The number like Riou said is from the beta server that has more spells on it than the live game. Spells that didn't make it to be patched in or are still in development or insert many other reasons.

Magnets, how do they work? This is witchery!
  16. uberkingkong Augur

yeah its better than previous seen art. The crown is good too.
    I don't get game is getting old vibe artwork from before.
    [IMG]
    Is pretty on point.
  17. fransisco Augur

I'm gonna guess that this is over the course of the entire game, not just today. Also, it would include TLP where druids are very popular.
    If you only look at live today, most popular will be sk/shm/brd/other melee. However thats just live and recently. Over the course of the entire game (plus tlp) I could see druids and inkys being that common