Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm hoping it is a Mischief clone it is about time, we have waited long enough for a repeat of that ruleset.

They can keep FTE only on Oakwynd to preserve it for the server for another couple or years and make those who want FTE on a new server wait as long as the random/Free Trade players have had to wait for a repeat of a server.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander right?
  2. MaestroM Augur

Random loot fixes a lot of the same issues that FTE does.

I tend to see FTE as an anti-train mechanic that also reduces KSing on one hand, and Random Loot is a mechanic that is supposed to be a lot of fun but also reduces KSing and training on the other hand. (You can tell it works because DPG has said it greatly reduced their CS load).

Both systems reduce toxic play/training/KSing and both systems have their downsides.

IMO the benefits of both are worth the downsides. Both require you to play the game a little differently. Random loot means you may not get an SMR from Archmage as often, but you can get it elsewhere. FTE means your puller needs to keep a close eye on spawn timers.

The negatives are real and can be acknowledged. But so must the benefits be acknowledged. A lot of text has been spent on this forum talking about how KSing is still possible IN THEORY while completely ignoring the evidence that we have that FTE substantially reduced KSing. Of course there will still be problematic camps on a RL/FTE server. But not as many as a RL only server and certainly many many many fewer than a standard TLP.

I would probably play on a mischief 2.0 that didn’t have FTE. I think random loot does a good job of spreading people out and reducing opportunities to screw with people who don’t want a PVP experience.

But I would prefer an FTE/Random Loot server.

Random loot takes care of trains and lets me spread out a bit. FTE reduces trains (which are already reduced by RL) and gives my low level TS farming chars more certainty when a high level char comes around.
    Ddezul likes this.
  3. Demetri Augur

You XPed on HGs in RM in the mid to low 30s without issue on Mischief?

Either you were at the top of the leveling curve and were there before competition started or you're lying.
    NuffanTuit and Ddezul like this.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

IF you XP'd in Rathe Mountains from level 27-35 on ANY non FTE server you were FIRST To 27 and 35...You did not XP there when there were level 50 BARDS and MAGES on a non FTE server.

So you think FTE should go away and EVERYONE just needs to be first to level 35?

At this point I hope they roll it out on EVERY SERVER and you people who are so vocal against it QUIT.

EQ will be a much better game if they do.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Group was 2 chanter, mage & 2 druid amazing what you can do with real players and not bots.
    *Edit* We had a 6th but I can't remember what class
  6. Ddezul Augur

Oakwynd dupe killed it.
    Whichever anti-FTE/Truebox dude that did it knew what he was doing.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Every sever had the same plat dupe.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Everything you post is a disingenuous...sure every server had the tradeskill depot exploit, but guess where all the exploiters were....the newest server....just as I have read a issue early in the life cycle of mischief was particularly harsh for Mischief. I am sure you know good and well that the Exploit this past November was magnified on Oakwynd because it was the newest server....your attempt to down play it is DISINGENUOUS. Just like your XPing early levels in Rathe that is only true if you were in the early batch that got to 50. Which means there were no max level characters when you were there.

If you want to claim there were lots of level 50 characters at the time that you were level 27-35...I call bs.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's almost like they ask you to "explain it to me."

Then when you explain they argue with you and accuse YOU of being disingenuous!

The topic is miles away. Or was the goal simply to argue and cry tears about how great but yet maligned FTE is?
  10. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I know why people are against FTE they have made it very clear in this thread, they want to DPS race, they want to KILL STEAL and they want to train people in camps they want.

They want the wild west of pre FTE back because they lose their power and control on a FTE server.

And I have accused ONE person of being disingenuous and they are....That person knows very well that an exploit hits the newest server the hardest because that is where all the krono farmers are.

They also know is is not worth the time at level 27 to go to Rathe Mountains if the server has a good number of players already max level. A level 50 character will KS everything you try and pull.

PS I am not crying at all...lol I usually would not care about servers I do not play on, but on this issue I hope they push it to every server. Just because of the attitudes of those so opposed...

And if they do I will laugh my butt off....and guess who will be crying....lol
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

More tears over your loots getting stolen?

I thought FTE fixed all that. Go play on it. And...

12. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I will on the new FTE server...may go back to my original server if they put FTE on it as well...

What will you do if FTE goes the way of /pick and AOC's?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Man I haven't been playing for years.

I'm the oracle. I predicted they would code themselves into a corner, and gave the game 7 years before it would be an unplayable shell of itself. That was about 5 years ago.

Good luck with your FTE on all servers. I really don't care.

It's just pathetic the things you're accusing people of, that you don't know at all. And we kind of do know each other, at least in the ForumQuest sense.

You're just looking far too whiney for someone who already has FTE and is likely getting more.

Really don't need to be such a try-hard bro. Chill.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Demetri Augur

Note you didn't deny being ahead of the curve...
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I did not have to accuse anyone (and I did not) Too many have openly admitted in THIS THREAD why they are so opposed to FTE.

I even acknowledged some truly seem to believe the game was meant to be a DPS race when many know for certain that was never how Verant or SoE ever saw it and pretty clear DBG feels the same.

Exploits do have a much larger impact on the newest server that has been true since they started releasing TLP servers.

And yes Any one who is truly XPing in Rathe when it is level appropriate are the ones that got there before there were max level characters..otherwise you simply can not get the mobs on a non FTE server...That has been true on every Progression Server I have played on going back to COMBINE.

Game seems to be doing quite well for a 25 year old game.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Literal blanket accusation against all people who support FTE.

If you're going to try and say only people who posted in this thread that's still a lie. Nobody said their intention was to kill steal.

You're a liar by your own words.

I'd stop right here right now if I were you.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. xxar Augur

@mastermagnus

By your own admission you have not even played eq in years , no offense if that is true then your opinion is irrelevant.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You're opinion is completely valid.

I only stick around because I have a financial stake in the long life of EQ.
  19. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I support FTE...lol

The people in this thread in several other threads are all admitting they want to DPS race (some claim that was how it was meant to be) they want to train people as retribution.

I have played the game for a long time was non stop from 2000-2012...recently came back and sub three accounts for FTE...

I two box and have a dedicated bazaar character. that is usually a buyer as I use one of my other accounts to sell over night.

GO BACK A READ THE THREAD people have literally tried to claim kill stealing was only after a mob had been damaged...so more than one in fact more than two have said OPENLY they were kill stealing and tried to redefine it.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Page 1 I made fun of people crying about phantom trainers.

Been laughing at y'all for 16 pages.

If FTE fixed it for ya I don't get all the tears.