The AMA responses are here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 13, 2024.

1. DeadRagarr Augur

I have 4 level 125 persona's all sharing items/gear/flags. That's enough for me to use it. I am sorry that you find it odd that I don't want to grind Heroic Vitality for the billionth time or the shocking revelation that I actually don't want to do LS song questing for the 5th time on a new toon. It was quite nice to basically hit 125 and have a nice full set of gear sitting there for my alt and have him ready to just grind up AA's till I make my new one and do the same. All the mounts/familiars/janns veil/rage clicky/feather clicky/shrink clicky all right there ready to use.

Not to mention I basically just farm 1 set of type 5's and 1 set of type 7's and just share them across every persona. Always hated farming augs the same ones over and over and over.
  2. Galvanize Journeyman

My god how did you level *4* of them to max?
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

painfully, I was hoping XP would be moved back on mobs but it doesn't seem thats doable.

I also created a new toon this expansion so collection for one/missions/etc.
    Keella and Ileasa like this.
  4. DeadRagarr Augur

Evolve item all/all or at least swap them to Lore Equipped Group so we can get a new evolve item and level it up <Skipping the achievement part since we have it already>. As devs they can't state they are equal in power to an alt while literally making BIS items not wearable.

My preference as someone who does use them. All/All so we don't end up with like 6 necks etc and can just use the same one as soon as a persona hits the correct level. Reducing extra grind and making the progression for evolving items worth it for other persona's.
    scaethach likes this.
  5. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Bigger trader bags just means when they upgrade the perks mostl likely costing more. Alot of the answers were passive like there just riding eq into the unset or they run out of milk from the cow. Ill be going down to 1 or 2 accounts as they run out kinda sad. Sure the sellers on fv will love that though ;)
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

Tormax is the new PvP TLP teams based server. Already confirmed
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Shot, did I miss that? Where was it? All I can find via google is for EQ 2 getting a PVP in April 25th?
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

You mean, besides AA's, and augs, and slayer achievements, and evolving items, and group t3 armor (and maybe nonvis) ore, and so on?

Or did you just forget all those are things you have to grind (or in the case of group t3, might have to grind) every expansion.
    Ileasa, Marton, Jedipokey and 3 others like this.
  10. Keella Journeyman

Interesting conflict of stated aims here:

And yet the current levelling path of Personas from 115 onwards not only encourages but requires grind & there are no really clear indications that this is set to be changed in any meaningful way.

Ileasa, Dre., scaethach and 3 others like this.
  11. Keella Journeyman

Personas DO at the very worst let you swap classes a little bit less painlessly than starting over from scratch, which thus far is probably the only good use for them at all over discrete alternate characters.

You will however still have to level from 1 to 60 whilst everyone else is already 60.
  12. HerdingCats Journeyman

This is exactly why the concept of personas just failed for me. There seems to be a direct contradiction of concepts. For example, using the example of the lockouts being a problem if you could run the raid 16 times. But that would require the herculean effort of grinding 16 times. If somebody is crazy enough to do that (somebody will, but it won't be me!) then let them get 16x the drops.

To me, if the grind for each persona is going to be this hard, they should be able to swap anywhere, and have less restrictions in general. If these restrictions are required to maintain the balance in the game, then persona leveling should not be a horrible grind. You can't have it both ways.

I have all but abandoned my persona at this stage. I will consider it on the new TLP, but with bag space being what it is there, it's likely I'll just choose alts instead.
    Ileasa, Gaylon and Keella like this.
  13. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

For me, it's 100% the bag space. I even purchased 40 slot bags but it's still a clusterf*ck.
  14. Demiie New Member

When will this game be at a playable level again ? Everytime you guys do updates it gets worse and worse . I7 1080Ti seems like it can barely play the game anymore ... It ran so much better 2 years ago its getting pathetic . Having to raid with all char models hidden is a joke and shouldnt be . It is really getting unfortunate the like of care you guys seem to take with this game that as been around for 25 years ... It deserves much more respect and care then what you guys seem to be doing .

People ask questions and all you guys seem to do is say " we have no plans at this time " or " we are looking into this " Maybe try actually vetting your updates and listening to feedback would be a better route to take .

I have been playing this game off and on since 2001 and its just a shame what you guys have turned it into ... There is no reason my machine shouldn't be able to run this game without a hitch .
    Jedipokey and Gaylon like this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

This makes me so sad.

The reason there is "little interest" is in part because of how abandoned housing is from development and, from what I have heard, how insanely buggy it was on release. Yes, I know it is a more niche audience than many other activities and it's very complicated for development, but it still makes me sad how abandoned it is.

I am uncertain what items were added in November unless you're referring to the gambling mechanic heritage crates with the travel items.
  16. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

In short, “probably not” and “no”.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They had the rocks at one point.

I'm not sure about the gumdrop pieces recently. I think they were new.
  18. Kaelwyse Journeyman

Support is part of the development lifecycle. If you don't have time to support a system, then you don't have time to develop that system. This AMA seems very indicative of a work culture where management is forcing developers to justify the ROI of every action.

You know what the two biggest impact vs effort changes were in the past year? "/follow <target>" and "/pet inventory check". There were likely aspects to those that were non-trivial, but they were surely low effort compared to many of your projects. And yet, both of these made your customer happy by an outsized amount compared to the effort.

Many of the AMA questions can almost be read as a list of suggestions just like this. Imagine if you delivered one of these low effort/high impact changes in every patch. Customer satisfaction would be the highest it has been in years. But that doesn't matter to a bad manager, because you can't put "You now have the ability to follow a player by name" as a headlining feature in an expansion release.

Speaking of which, you know what the least impact vs effort change in the last year has been? Personas. Clearly this was a huge development effort. And yet, given the state in which it was delivered, the reception has been somewhere between lukewarm and outright hostile. You got your line item in the for the expansion release. But a quarter of the way into the year, half the player base is afraid to even try it because they are afraid of the bugs that may come with it.

If you cannot commit to ongoing support for these bold new systems, then, just don't create them! EverQuest is already overflowing with too many different complicated and conflicting systems from the past 25 years. Your players don't really want more of them.

What features do we want? Read the AMA questions again, this is basically a list of what we want.

What do we want from expansions? Content. That is it really. You don't need to try to change the fundamentals of the game with an expansion. (I understand you need something in an expansion to make it appealing to TLP players. I don't know what that should be. But broken systems that nobody cares about isn't the answer.)
    Ileasa, Mesil, Dre. and 5 others like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I gave up on all housing when we lost our guild hall twice, now I don't bother with it. It takes too much effort to get it back as it was when things to wrong. It makes me sad that I still haven't got all my items back as I didn't have a list of what I had in my house and guild hall.
    Rijacki and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

They seriously need to do a follow up to explain of all the conflicting statements. I don't think they understand just how freaking angry those responses have made players...not that I believe they're all that concerned with player sentiment, given those very same statements.
    Barton-Vox, Ileasa, Jedipokey and 2 others like this.