Mage Invis

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mhystwalker, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Mhystwalker Journeyman

I never thought of this for the AMA in time, but it would be really amazing if regular invis didn't randomly drop anymore.
    You get the dark blue message "You appear", with no warning, typically at the worst times. at lvl 125, i would expect my years of training in spell craft would have eliminated this potential from happening.
    Thanks again
  2. Conq Augur

Years of spell craft should have taught any magician to use their Perfected Invisibility (permanent), either self only or group.
    Conq
    Yinla, Beco, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

:D
  4. fransisco Augur

huh? The perfected/group perfected invis AA in the 70s is exactly this.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Mhystwalker Journeyman

that's hilarious, because that's exactly the one that drops randomly.....do you even know what you're talking about?
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

If by random you mean when you make an aggressive action or interact with a merchant/etc then yes, totally randomly.
    fransisco and Nennius like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

if you open a merchant, make an aggressive action, cast a spell, or anything besies move it will break like every other invis.
    Perhaps you have a keybind which is breaking invis for you?
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes...he does.

Perfected Invis does not drop randomly...in fact, it's permanent. It only drops if you take an action...cast a spell, attack a mob, open a merchant, etc.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Brickhaus Augur

...I'm just shocked you got to level 125 without knowing this...

O
    M
    G

As the others have said, permanent in regards to invisibilies is only if you don't make an overt action.

The more you know! (tm)

P.S. Props to putting it in Vet instead of Bugs though.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LOL does he play a mage haha too funny. Perfected invis doesnt drop unless you do what fran said.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Prob went heroic and then got PL and has no idea the class there playing!
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Perfected invis means its so perfect it no longer drops off randomly or after a certain time. Plus you no longer need a spell gem for it.
  13. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Dude could be hitting Q (auto attack on) by mistake when trying to press W.
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There is one time and only one time that your perfected invis can wear off without you doing anything.
    It happened to me a few times. More liked removed.

When you run by a mob that uses some sort of AE. For example. If you're running through Kael Drakkel. (TOV) When you run by the undead giants that are fighting the live giants, the undead giants jump that has an AE that will remove your invis.

Another time I was running though Vex Thal (TOL) and there was a group fighting a rare mob. When I ran by the fight the rare mob did an AE and it removed my invis.

Your perfected invis will never randomly drop. I've played a mage since 2002 and it never happened to me. I also play 3 other mages and an enchanter. They are all level 125.
    fransisco likes this.