Aurora of Dawnlight not healing pets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ZoreNameInUse, Mar 12, 2024.

1. ZoreNameInUse New Member

it only heals for 3 and crits for 5
    Wulfhere and Brickhaus like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Just tried with my 125 paladin casting Aurora of Dawnlight. Hit the shaman and the chanter pets in my group just fine. Do you have everything on for heals?

The actual heal amounts are dependent on the damage your group has taken. Take off your gear and put it back to have a hp deficit then cast heal.

For my pally, taking of bp and putting it back then casting gives a heal of 4940.
  3. ZoreNameInUse New Member

I see the visual hit them.

I let the warder pet get down to about 50%, I tried both targeting the pet and no target.
    I set all Healing spells in a separate window on my paladin.
    On all occasions the spell only hit for 3 or crit for 5 on both pets. Health bars did not go up.

I also tried with the Beast Lord at 50% health and the warder at 50% health. The Beast Lord was healed while the warder was only healed for 3.

Both were level 85 Heroic characters.

Can you verify it's healing for more than a few points please.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

So, looking at the spell more closely, it's actually two things in one.

The first is the aurora of xxx heal and will say in the heal spam xxx healed yyy for zzz hit points by Aurora of whatever. This line is only generated if someone is not at full health in group when cast. And it does not seem to hit pets, even when their health is not full.

The second effect is something called Aurora Effect, can critical, but the base heal is only 1 so it's at very very small amounts (I got 7 on a lucky critical). This effect will hit everyone, including pets, in group.

So ... whether or not the actual group heal is supposed to hit pets in group is the question. I think by the wording of the spell (i.e. there's no mention of a restriction) that it should. So I up voted you.

P.S. This is why you check things.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

It uses SPA 400, heal per mana. Unsure if it calculates off caster mana or target mana, but pets have no mana which would make sense not healing if its target mana.

[19119/10222] Aurora of Dawnlight
    Classes: PAL/85
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1494
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate Mod: +100
    1: Increase Current HP by up to 14043 (9.4 HP per 1 Mana)
    2: Cast: Aurora Effect (v374)
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Would really suck for your melee group mates if it was target mana...

It ignores pets. It's either a spell mechanic bug, or the description of the spell needs to be rewritten.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Not to detract, but it is also listed under "quick heals" in the drop down, despite having the same exact cast time as our "wave" line of spells. The only difference is how quickly you can recast one vs the other. I wouldn't consider Panavida (druid group heal) a "quick heal" just because it refreshes quickly with a 3.75s cast time.

So it is either an oversight, that Aurora should be a faster cast, OR it is miscategorized and should be moved out of the "quick heals" tab.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

The 1hp heal and +100 hate mod was added many years ago so that a paladin couldn't out of combat heal indefinitely.
  9. fransisco Augur

doesnt healing someone with agro automatically give you agro anyways?
  10. Gialana Augur

Casting a heal on someone with aggro can add the healer to the aggro list, but it doesn't always. The same is true for buffing someone with aggro. Of course the healer is almost certain to get aggro if they repeatedly heal someone engaged in combat with an npc.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Aurora is not a heal. It's a Divine Arbitration effect and by itself it does not generate hate.

The 1HP heal and +100 hate mod were patched after it was discovered that paladins had become the premier power leveler for a month or so.
  12. Brickhaus Augur

The things I miss ....

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

Carry on.