Cross Zone Guild Invite Request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Leorium, Mar 4, 2024.

1. liveitup1216 Augur

Ohhhh yes please.
  2. Elabone Augur

22 replies and only 1 troll. Thats gotta be a sign this needs to get added immediately. Nothing in EQ has ever had some widespread support before.
    Shalom likes this.
  3. Klucifer Lorekeeper

I've for one never understood how you can group invite across zones, but you can't guild invite. You can give random people access to your Neighborhood Guild Hall despite not being in the same zone, but you can't invite them to your guild?
  4. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Cross zone invites are immersion breaking, and for that reason I do not support this idea.

Furthermore all chat channels further break immersion in the world and I believe should be removed. Leave /say in, and /shout with reduced range. Tells could be changed to /whisper but would have to be within melee touch range to work, for a far more immersive experience! Make it so!
    KobalWR likes this.
  5. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Daily reminder to upd00t the first post and reply here that you agree! Devs require this to even think about adding QoL ^_^
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I'm willing to bet this hasn't been implemented due to 1999 and earlier spaghetti code. Could be that it's as easy as the group invite change but probably unlikely or the guild invite would have been changed.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Many ganes have <shock> offline guildinvite and acceptance windows, like World of Tanks, Warships. Guilds advertise on the guild info page, people scroll, send inquiries or application. Guilds / Clan officer accepts in guild manager.

Basic functiionality of this should have been added to the game forever ago, like 2004
    Azzlann likes this.
  8. Bernel Augur

Anything that makes it easier for players to create a community is a positive change for the game.
    YelinakIsFun likes this.
  9. xxar Augur

+1 This is a QOL improvement and it just simply makes sense.
  10. natedogg Journeyman

This would be great.
  11. DeadRagarr Augur

I was about to troll, but decided against it.

Just do it.
  12. Beeshma New Member

Wish this was one of the AMA questions!
  13. fransisco Augur

ugh, imagine all the rando guild invite spam you'd get if that was possible. Get dozens of invite popups an hour would be super fun
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Stop being that way.

If you are an unguilded person who does not wish to receive guild invites, there is a checkbox in the options window to disable it.

You know this, and you posted that anyway.
    WFSBelaar likes this.
  15. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I did not know this, but I would take it as an opportunity to join the spamming guild curse them out in guild chat and clean out their bank. Lookin at you Rapiers
  16. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

gif us cross zone guild invites pls and tks
  17. Erod New Member

Please add this huge QoL feature
  18. Zansobar Augur

Is this really that big of a deal? I think it only comes into play for the first few days of a TLP launch, after that it shouldn't really be much of a hinderance. I seriously doubt they will invest any resources in adding this given what other things they turned down in the AMA claiming they were too much work.
  19. 25thTLP4TW New Member

I would LOVE for this to be real and would personally write hundreds of good reviews across all your platforms and vehemently defend you against all negativity
  20. Vlahkmaak Augur

Basic QOL improvement - almost as important as ensuring Troll BST is playable Day1 on Teek ;)