The Official "We DO want BST/BER regardless of epics and minor quests" thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Litoeon, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No beast till luclin V beast with no epic or minor quests.

I'm going to go beast in classic everytime. At least I can get some work on the beast done prior to luclin and be ready to do her epic at start instead of having to level up first.
    Keella and Litoeon like this.
  2. Bewts Augur

For an anniversary TLP, why not make all race / class options available from the start?

I don’t think lack of spells or epics is a reasonable argument against playing a class before its starting era.

Given the AMA though, I think it’s more about their attitude towards not changing things than it’s viability for a TLP.
  3. Willport New Member

I always want to play BL, but fall off before lucin comes out. Id love for them to be released at start even without epics.
    Keella and Litoeon like this.
  4. Litoeon Lorekeeper

Like the original post as well please!
    @Everyone
  5. Lejaun Augur

One of the few things that I want : beast and zerkers from the start. I’m fully OK being stuck with a mith-2hander or whatever as a zerker in classic. I fully believe it can be done, but the excuse of “It’s difficult” or “Quests/gear will be missing” is just used because someone higher up believes they know best for what the people want.
  6. KevinC New Member

I 100% agree. This is a must have for something as special as a 25 years TLP
    Litoeon and Demetri like this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Going further into it:
    Classic: turn on planar armor. Beasts can wield Serpent’s Tooth and Smoldering Brand. Zerkers get Mith 2-hander or Skarlon’s sword or Soul Leech if SKs already have.

Kunark: Turn on class drops for them. Zerkers chase VP 2-handers. Beasts chase after VP gear or Stave of Shielding or Flint dagger, etc.

Velious: Turn on armor quests. Zerker’s chase after Vulak’s Axe or Tunare sword or other ToV weapons. Beasts do same.

Luclin: Beasts back to “normal”. Zerker’s continue using Velious gear like a lot of classes and start upgrading with Seru and VT. Zerker’s grab Emp sword or whatever.

Pop: Zerkers do armor patterns like everyone else in Post. They chase after Vanazir and other 2-handed weapons.

And then Zerkers are back to normal too.

Sorry, can’t really find a gear problem. Beast epic is prettty meh anyways, so not having it until Luclin isn’t a big deal. Zerker 1.0 is decent, and is done almost entirely in Kunark other than Stonebrunt.

So yeah, not seeing a gear or quest problem.
  8. Paladorfthemighty Apprentice

9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

agreed. Even regardless of spell availability. I acknowledge, comply, and understand not all BST and/or BER spells and/or DISCS may or may not be available. Just having the class to level up early - even if it is as persona for now would be awesome.
  10. filthytlpplayer Elder

Hate the message, love the meme
    Treeluvr and Keella like this.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Should have photoshopped JChan and a couple dev faces over them.
    Cfuson likes this.
  12. IheartEQ Elder

I cannot think of a good reason to deny this request.

If Daybreak adds in Beastlords and Zerkers with minimal changes, then what can a player expect from these classes moving forward? Let's go with the absolute worst case scenario.

No Epics until the classes reach their respected timeline.
    Beastlords only get shaman spells and NO pet line or mana regen spells until Luclin.
    Zerkers are stuck with Fleshripper and/or Mithril 2hs for classic.

What am I left with if I choose a Beastlord?

I get Drowsy (slow) which is absolutely fine for classic groups. I also have at my disposal Spirit of the Wolf, Shrink, Shaman DOTS, and Greater Healing. If I was a Rogue main, I would be updating my resume.

I am playing a class that I enjoy.
    I am level 50 with max skills.
    I have my J-Boots, DE Mask, and keys.
    I have Luclin to look forward to very much. :D
    I am attached to my class from day one because I've invested some decent time into it.
    I will probably still have an alt to farm gear or raid with. Alt-A-Holics are everywhere.
    My guild most likely has a full raid against classic mobs, so my lack of damage or utility doesn't really matter. I wouldn't be rolling on most of the gear anyway.
    I might even buy a race change potion in Kunark or Luclin, Daybreak. Wink wink.
    I am not clogging the Necro or Shaman channels with a class that I don't want to play.
    I have checked off most of my classic slayer and regular achievements in classic.

What am I left with if I choose a Zerker?

I am a rogue who can accept that my class isn't very good right now but I still play him anyway. :D
  13. Cfuson Journeyman

Kinda hilarious how beastlords without pets would still be better then rogues. ;)
  14. fransisco Augur

Absolutely. The level of schadenfreud in this thread is off the charts. Barely a month will go by before everyone will start accusing the devs of uncounted evils because ber/bl don't have all thier out of expansion quests.
  15. Sakuraba Augur

Wouldn't mind it, tbh. Berserker is a DPS class I've always been a bit curious about, but my own attempts at leveling one on live have been miserable due to a lack of friends, and on TLPs they tend to come late.

Being a sort of "warrior" character that's not strictly a tank would be nice lol.
    Keella likes this.
  16. Basak Augur

I am good with them getting only Shaman spells -except- they should be able to summon their pet, otherwise that are not Beastlords.
    Treeluvr likes this.
  17. Cfuson Journeyman

Their are vendors in every single beastlord hometown all they would have to do is enable them for classic but even if they didnt want to do that i think people would still be happy having them early.
  18. Basak Augur

Yeah I know, the only BST specific spell they should get in Classic is their pet summons.
  19. Cfuson Journeyman

That's not really how this works tho and this exactly what the devs said they don't want to deal with. They pretty much said they would implement it without putting in too much effort and they don't want hear people moaning about everything. Easiest way for them to accomplish that would be changing a few lines of code for spell npcs and kunark/velious armor quests.

Sure pet procs would put them on par with monks and enchanters but that's only for group content as you won't be using those during raids especially since the new TLPs will more then likely have MOTM.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Nah, skip the whole they can only have this or that spell. Make it simple. Put the beast class spell vendors that are already in game in home cities. If it is one one of them, great. If not, well it will open soon.

And just as a “protection” vs the “I didn’t know it wouldn’t be available”
    complaints: Remember Aradune and it’s pop up warning at character select? Do the same. “Please note that if you create a beastlord or berserker, not all spells, quests, times and other features will be available until the appropriate expansion is unlocked. You have been warned.”
    KevinC, Keella, Yinla and 2 others like this.