T3 Raids Finished Day 1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Maybe we work on restoring the account that was wrongfully deleted then. =P
  2. alanus Augur

Another issue with using vanquisher is that in TOL and NOS there were achievements that could not be gotten on the same raid as other achievements (for example, Darklight in NOS had two different achievements for the order the raid was done in). This would mean guilds would have to wake up on Thursday at 1 AM or whatever time the lockout ends in order to do it again in the other order. I doubt anyone wants that
    Gindainy likes this.
  3. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Fwiw raids were pretty much beaten day one on beta as well, so this isn't really relevant to the difficulty discussion.

As for making vanquisher hard... You run into the same problems as with making the final raid hard. If there is any reward at all for completing vanquisher, a large segment of the EQ community will throw an absolute fit if they can't get it. There's an attitude in this game that paying for your subscription entitles you to guaranteed access to all the best stuff, even if you're a relatively casual player. Right or wrong it's a fact of EQ life. On the other hand, if you have no reward attached at all, few people will bother, including the top guilds.
    alanus likes this.
  4. Lilfella Elder

Making vanquisher the tracking metric is just going to have guilds raiding at midnight 5.5 days after raids launch. It would not be an inidcator of skill, but rather who can log in super early Friday morning.
    alanus likes this.
  5. alanus Augur

This. And can you imagine the cluster that would happen with no failure message and a bugged chieve, like Stay Close in Pit Fight last night? lol
  6. uberkingkong Augur

People go off of first kill rather than all those achievements because first kill means you get the unique titles.
    If you do the raid after some other guild already did it, you don't get the server first titles.

Tracking all these funky methods is a lotta work for the site doing it. And at the end of the day, the only people care are the select handful that want to see other tracking methods.

Well, there is a lot of tradeskill guide sites, like allkhazam, fanra, almars, etc etc etc.
    Whats stopping you from making a yet another raid guild progression site. Why does the current one have to be the only one?

My thought process on raids. Raid gear isn't special if everyone is getting it.
    As someone else said, they can already beat all the casual content easily with their current gear aka previous expansion. So whats point in the new raid gear if they already do everything.
    Exactly, and everyone gets it all, its meaningless. Everyone is doing everything as in raiders. Theres no unique,
    considered high end anymore.

Every raid guild is high end. The term high end has been long gone in EQ.
    Another nostalgia thing, people like to consider themselves.

EQ raids is hard
    I'm in a high end raid guild

You doing kunark? Struggling with Trakanon? I'm in a high end raid guild, we do ssra. We kill Trakanon after watching you wipe too.

old EQ stuff, doesn't apply to new EQ, live servers but people still consider themselves high end raider and raids being hard.
  7. Razorfall Augur

Joke of the century right here
    FranktheBank and yepmetoo like this.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

I'm usually right too.
    My thought process is on point.
  9. Razorfall Augur

BAHAHAHAHAHA
    FranktheBank likes this.
  10. RageSomeMore Journeyman

EQ raids should be challenging for the majority of guilds. Clearly, designers, devs, and everyone in between at DPG failed with LS raids. Oh, and they could only muster enough energy to deploy eight raids.

Well Done on mindless mediocrity DarkPaw !
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Whats the deal with 8 raids. Who cares.
    Could have 80 raids if they are all junk quality who cares.

btw TBS one of my favorite expansions, 7 raids in solteris. Less than LS. TBS blows the water outta LS.

Also, achievement based raid race isn't really a race, its more of a tedious work and grind.
    Beat the raid without any spells, beat the raid without any melee, beat the raid without doing any heals, for the achievements. Yeah this not fun anymore its more of a grind a tedious that is.
  12. alanus Augur

8 raids is fine. I'd prefer 9, but we can clear them pretty quickly and it gives me more time back in my evening. Not the end of the world to have 8 instead of 9. We will all be full LS t2 gear by August (instead of July if there were 9) anyway.

The metric used for finishing is just fine. It's not perfect but there's no better metric to use and for the people who care about it, it is fine. Vanquisher would be a nightmare due to lockouts, bugged achievements (either it not saying you failed/succeeded, the achievement itself being broken, or both like Stay Close in NOS), and some achievements only being able to get 1 per raid, like on Darklight in NOS. Do you really want to wake up 2 am on a Thursday morning to be the first to get an achievement?

The only way there won't be guilds finishing it on the first day is if the raids are made harder and then either raids are way different from beta or they close raids in beta, and neither of those is going to happen.
  13. Wudanar Journeyman

Actually only 1 guild beat it prior to the first nerf. Mearatus was nerfed multiple times.
  14. Brickhaus Augur

You are incorrect. Mearatas was not touched until MS and Valhallah beat it. The first nerf was announced before MS and Val won, but they won before the patch.

April 17, 2019

- Unfettered Emerald Excellence - Made the following balance changes to this raid event:
    - - Lowered the boss's regeneration slightly.
    - - Increased the damage done to mephits by bane abilities slightly.
    - - Increased the amount of time between mephit waves in the final phase of the encounter.
    - - Increased the amount of time between armor suit waves in the final phase of the encounter.
    - - Decreased the number of mephit spawns per wave in the final phase of the encounter.
    Zaray and Allayna like this.
  15. Wudanar Journeyman

Touche, you are correct my bad.

For those that don't think there is a ton of peeps that like a challenge in this game. Checkout this thread on Mearatus when they were planning on nerfing it when only 1 guild had beaten it pre-nerf.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dont-nerf-mearatas-yet.254426/page-3

This is the way to do it. Start out hard and nerf halfway through year. I guess the super banner does this already. Just need to start out more difficult.
  16. Marton Augur

Halfway - so in June/July? It is unreasonable to keep the event hard and not accessible to people for a half of the year.

Here is 23 pages long thread showing how people felt about Mearatas in March 2019.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/nerf-mearates-now.255580/
  17. uberkingkong Augur

Thats what EQ players nostalgia over EQ of. It being a hard game not an easy game.

Hence everyone loves to talk about the GoD days. The hard times.

I don't hear people talking about TBM, LDON. The expansions everyone wins in. LDON its basically remember for groups, the /lfg era. Good times /lfg. Excited to LDONs excited to go LFG and meet new people days.

These days casual content, its hurt hard, they need to take the pedal off of raid content, do the u-turn and start taking of casual content.
    No one LFG thats bad. Its been that way for a long long long time. Hence 49/140 MMORPG rank.

You got easymode raids now, AND 100% focus on raids/endgame content, you see anything happening to the MMORPG rank of EQ? Nope, means you aint doing nothing interesting. 49/140 is basically people don't even think about you in the competition.
  18. Marton Augur

Many guilds folded due to GoD and a large amount of people left the game back then.

Devs themselves admitted that GoD was bad.
    Yinla, Silvena and alanus like this.
  19. Wudanar Journeyman

Actually half a year only puts 3 months of unaccessible content since T3 already releases 3 months after expansion start.
  20. alanus Augur

This. Tunat wasn't killed until way after OOW was out. Tunat was very difficult back then. Uqua (first flag raid) was not beatable until it was nerfed the first time and even after that it was absurdly hard. It then got nerfed again and was still very difficult but actually beatable without a good round of luck. People underestimate how difficult GoD was when it was released. PoTime geared tanks couldn't even tank stuff in the trials to get flagged for the first locked zone (which was supposed to be doable for groupers). That trial was only doable via a charmed pooka. If you were able to get that flag, the stuff in the first locked zone quadded for 2400, while the very best warriors at the time were about 12k hp fully buffed. Knights were about 10.5-11k with best possible gear. They ended up changing it down to 900 I think, which was about what it should've been, but GoD was a mess until it got retuned.
    Silvena likes this.