How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Roxxanna Augur

Candy crush is mildly entertaining
    Overseer is like that first paycheck you ever got, seeing the taxes for the first time, and realizing you have 30 years ahead of you.
    Metanis, drak12 and Jack like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

CandyCrush is much better then Overseer. /gems is better then overseer.
    drak12 and Jack like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

But the excitement of Overseer is simply amazing. Will it fail? Will it crit.? Will I be able to stay awake while using it? o_O
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Should I spend my loyalty points on xp potion or extra overseer quest freebee thingy.
    Oh no I have no loyalty points, I really want to have heroes forge, because I want to be fancy. Shoot other games offer it free wardrobe, EQ. Gotta spend loyalty point on it, sheesh I spent them all on Overseer.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not about the company, it's about the dev team. Until the old guard is gone or willing to ditch their outdated "vision" of the game and actually be open to fresh ideas, nothing will ever change. The comment about the xp grind proves that.
    drak12 likes this.
  6. Vizier Augur

Tomato tomahto. Someone pays the Dev team and the ones writing the checks need to clean house or refocus the team into....literally any kind of direction that makes people happy. The current "vision" of kicking their players in the bread basket at every turn has lead us to this moment. Maybe it's time to stop, turn around and steer the ship towards safer waters...
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

What about, its not the dev's not the company. Its the EQ community at fault.

Raids are easier, why? Dev's call? Company decision? Or what?
    EQ's nostalgia like corpse runs, whose decision? Dev's call? Company decision? Or what?
    A lot of nostalgia is gone.
    LFG is empty all the time.
    Is it from, box heavy game.
    Who turned into box heavy? Dev's call? Company decision? Or what?
    Community at fault? Customer giving bad feedback at fault?

Don't be blaming this stuff on me either, you don't see any meta events do you. How about shrouds giving good xp giving good gear upgrades. Yeah I don't see those, they aint listening thats for sure.

Just cuz they not listening mean my feedback is bad.
    Look at the stage of the game, whoever they listening too, thats the cause of the state of the game.
    I'm not related the state of the game of recent things.

I called for extra tough stuff in T3 raids a month before T3 opened. And what people doing now its over and done with, being debbie downer and talking about T3 raids and yada yada competition. I already knew this, I tried to solve it. They didn't listen, so don't be blaming it on me if anything cuz they listen to me thats for sure.

They listening those people not me.
    There was suprise changing targets minotaur running around bull charging 1 shotting AE directional along with the normal stuff. Nope.
    Heck if it someone massive AE zonewide screen shake and all playable characters whirl to they hurl for 1 second.
    So if you wasn't KO'ed by the AE direction you eating a whirl to hurl while your screen shakes and it cycles through many NPCs messing up your target and previous target.

Simple mechanic increases raid difficulty drastically. Run from the minotaur simple simple. No brainer mechanic.
    To increase it more. Minotaur runs at selos speed. So raid leader gotta put that person about to be chased into a raid group with bard running selos or you gotta KO'ed.
    Even more increase it runs faster than the fastest player speed so you gotta get your distance early. It changes targets every 6 seconds you gotta be far enough it can't get you within 6 seconds running super fast.
    Even even even more increase to difficulty, it makes clones and you gotta know which one is the real one. The real one has a tiny graphical detail you can only see in its front view. Someone has to see and call it out, no GINA help here.
    To beat the cheats to see everything, you can make the NPC id clones are same as the actual one, but items they hold you have to find the oddball and that item is always random. say 2 clones and real one. item the clones hold a different item but it cycles and cycles/random so there's no always item easy prediction and use programs to beat it kind of going on.

Instead of bickering about raids being easy, people be discussing who the heck is this minotaur. His name can be The Butcher.

The topic of this thread is hard to lose players, who are they? raiders oh ok. Well my thought process is relevant.
    Pretty easy yet on your toes tough, not so difficult figuring out it out though, yet mystery extra thing in their raids. Goes away after a month. Like I said in the previous threads. Nope they don't listen to me, so these hard to get people leaving, I gave my feedback. I don't see nothing though.

Hard to lose players, they missing on your toes things, mysteries. Wasn't in beta and this is a surprise thing and its something that put a dent, actually making people fail.
    Newplayers/returners stuff they can do others. Meta events/ shrouds, shrouds is any level content and be impactful that give gear and xp, rather than solo in empty zone and loneliness.
    ex. I'm so far behind in gear and I'm broke, and xp is snail pace. What can I do?
    Oh shrouds if i just attend meta events every 3 hours or so that are hour long you tell me i get generous amount of xp, i get relevant and upgrade worthy gear, and there is other people doing it too. AND it scales in difficulty based on how many people showed up? Ex. solo, 3 people, 12 people 50 people being highest, so if 80 people showed its gonna be breeze as it should. Thats fun. Sign me up.

Good storylines in movies is, you fail and you comeback.
    EQ today, you win, now what.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  8. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Since my first post was deleted...

You CAN repeat the LS merc tasks for xp or AA. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but redoing them gets about 1 and a smidge percent xp, or about 22 AA. So, at least they got something right with this expansion. I don't know about the partisan tasks. The only one that I know that got nerfed was the Gift task in HF, which was giving 35 AA, but now only gives 2.
    Don't Worry, I am sure they are working on Nerfing this task also
  9. Cicelee Augur

Wait you can fail at Overseer?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

It took me years of practice but I managed it. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yeah, if you paid to finish early it would fail. Literally, pay to lose.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh You're giving away my strategy.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You can abandon for free or pay to fail...
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

And magic the gathering trumps all and there part of the team now.
  15. Captain Video Augur

Not really. DBG is publishing Magic: Online now, which basically means they're running the servers. They're not doing any development. WotC is putting all their digital initiatives into Arena, which is still in-house.
  16. Bobokin Augur

I thought it would be a celebration of the game and the players that have played 25 long years. Instead, they call it "The Year of Darkpaw," like they had anything to do with it, and use it as a revenue stream. So much could have been done, but this team, and this corporation, lack the vision to make Everquest great once more.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect they had to generate the revenue streams to pay for anything they did for the 25th. But yeah feels more like just a way to make cash.
    Bobokin likes this.
  18. Bilderov Augur

I'm all for them making money, but there is so much more they could do for free in terms of GM events, 200% exp bonus on the actual anniversary week, give everyone rainbow names for the week, have GMs hand out anniversary cake with some awesome buffs etc.
    Bobokin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

They could make more money simply by flipping the switch and turning the experience back on. So the only logical thing is to consider that they don't care about making money at all.
    Vizier, Bilderov and Bobokin like this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

They did have goodies, but they whaled out the store items. $20 for a mount, $45 for a bag, ... overpriced to be sure. I guess they believe that only people with big money contributed to 25 years of Everquest. They could have set the mount at $12 and gave twice the number of players enjoyment for the same revenue, and should a 25th anniversary bag really have been price at $25? Even that is too much for my crew, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense.