Exp and free Heroic tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Mar 15, 2024.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So, free level 100 Heroic starting tomorrow (source: eq resource)

The way its worded I take it to mean only those with paid subs get the Heroic but all players can get the Royal Silver Crown ornament.

Everyone that logs in between 3/16/2024 and 4/20/2024 will be granted a Royal Silver Crown ornament. Additionally, all members who log in during the same time frame will be granted a Darkpaw Torch Ornament, a Goblet of Adventure II, and a Level 100 Heroic Character!

And some bonus exp

You'll earn additional experience during this celebratory time. 50% bonus to experience gains!
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Marton Augur

Thanks for heads up.

Knowing what it takes to take a character from 100 to 125, I'm not really sure I want another alt.
    Muramx and NatazzEvoli like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

At least with a real alt (not a fake alt persona), you can run it through all the progression for the xp rewards. Using a heroic boost on a persona if the main has already done the progression is a waste of a heroic toon, in my opinion. Getting to 100 (or even 110) on a persona, especially with all the stuff they get via their main, is not a problem. It's that post 110 game that will be miserable.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Yippies! 4 new personas and neglected alts will get their desired boosts!
    Thank you for the advanced warning.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

EQ2 gave like something like 115 booster, a few years ago.
    You didn't need a subscription either.

What I think differentiates EQ from other MMORPGs, EQ feels like your always leveling unless you been playing consistently. But if you take breaks, like a year or two, and haven't fully caught up. The feeling of never fully caught up is there and feeling of always leveling.

Some people 2 years to get to max. With overseer. How is that possible you'd say. Well it happens.

It's like your either raider, serious casual, or someone stuck leveling forever.

Other games, they push the game's fun in the content when you max. EQ's idea from my viewpoint seems to be the game pushing level level. Whole point of EQ is to keeping leveling.
    Maybe back 20 years this was a good idea, people enjoyed that idea. Nowdays, people careless about level grind in MMORPGs and want to have fun instead, do stuff, do puzzling solving, do mass gathering events. The grind is in the collections.

EQ I would not surprised if people have max achievements and everything
    but other MMORPGs like ESO, GW2, I bet there is not 1 person with every legendary, every achievement. Because those games focus on the gameplay, getting to max isn't the game its what your doing at max is the main focus.
    EQ the main focus is getting to max level, once your there not much.

Blockers for max level? Well everything is designed around group in latest expansion.
    Whats the latest expansion? VoA, designed around groups it was the latest decades ago. every expansion designed for groups.
    Now you got someone catching up. They go into TBL solo at level entry, so like 110. Can't do squat at level, that place designed for groups.

Thought process, play older content.

Which =
    you buy bazaar gear at level
    you do older content, the drops are worse than the bazaar gear

so your getting items but not upgrades, and older means less xp also.
    so no upgrades, level grind is real because your doing older stuff

like say your doing CotF at 110 because your solo. there wont be any upgrades, and xp is not gonna be good at 110.
    Those goblets of experience are nothing too. 50% xp or whatever while your getting .010 or something. Aint gonna matter much.

Might be good idea for a special goblet of experience, it gives at minimum experience of 1% but if you get 1% xp then its 50%. Based off of con color say greens are 1%, LB is 2%, blues is 3%, whites is 5%, yellow is 7%, red is 10%. So thats actually get you some levels. They don't have it, its just something would work, and be useful.

anyways again
    older content do it?
    ex. 110 can't do TBL, so older content is CotF
    which equals = bad exp, and no gear upgrades because you have bazaar its better. Basically you spend a whole month and get like 1 level maybe, and no upgrades since seeing gear not upgrade worthy, maybe stuck with level 100 gear too. Since items are very expensive like earrings rings etc.
    not fun

1 month in another MMORPG especially if your like close to max level, say 110 to 125, your pretty close. In another MMORPG you'd get to max level. In EQ, you probably get like 1 or 2 levels in that 1 month. I'm talking viewpoint someone thats their main leveling. Not someone who already has a max level. Its different if you doing it again vs someone at level doing on their main doing it.

Thats why I say EQ is like EverLevel, LevelQuest. Its old thing, old vibes. Its not modern day viewpoint, and its not fun either. Grind but not in a fun or meaningful way. Its in a depressing your always behind grind.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They still have use for a persona as they also grant gear/augs which lets you skip that step of leveling and skills as well which can speed things up.

I will agree that it isn't as useful on a persona as it is an alt but there are still useful things about it it especially if you don't have all the gear.
  7. MimirAesir New Member

I've been playing on and off since March 18, 1999 and my highest level character is level 81 Shaman.

Just march to my own drummer, don't measure myself by the full-time players and raiders and focus on having a good time.

Miss the Zek servers but, well, that's life.
    Yinla, Mesc, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

The crown is for everyone and all access should be for the rest yea, it uses the same wording as last year for everyone vs members too iirc it was set up for all access only ones who get everything
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Oh people talking about AP, and heroic booster.

If you didn't know, just the read room. AP is their time waster content. They may not say it directly, but read the gist, read the room that's what it is.

Also, thinking it was their solution to having people have a low level toon to play with their people recommend the game too. Yeah they getting them to max level, so that process they came with and reason for AP, it was wrong.

For low levels, playing buddies at wide level gap and such.
    Shrouds shrouds, all day shrouds, I been saying it shrouds. Not no AP. They did their AP, hows the results. How about now shrouds. Lets get some results.

Some people already max level all AP and all epics all AP. They twiddling their thumbs for more time wasters. Should have been keep max level but you gotta do all the EQ achievements from 0 again, now thats a timewaster. Thats gonna be a longtime for someone to get their perfect character, everything done character.

But with EQ's always leveling, thats AP.
    Now you got idk if consistent players are whining about leveling on their AP. If so, thats the EQ StillLevelingQuest EverLeveling. motto comes in.

Some other MMORPGs you just boom use the clickes and get a free level. Do tradeskills and get levels, easy easy easy.
    EQ lets turn it into a grind, the whole concept EQ is EverLeveling.

3 years I'm not still not max level, always behind always leveling. Its not fun being level 111 and no groups, never any /lfg even for end game no lfg, and having to do TDS because I can't do TBL or more recent expansions. Was suggested I go back do stuff, so thats what I'm doing and I find no gear upgrades and xp is snail pace, can't do missions or anything because I'm molo. ugh.
  10. Bernel Augur

Does anyone know if this version of the Heroic Token can be reused if the character is deleted?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

All of the freebie heroics I've gotten over the years as part of special events could be deleted and re-used. It'll warn you when you try to delete one that is one time use only.
    Bernel and knotty_riz like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Oooo, I think it's time for a box group tanks. 3 SK and 3 Paladins. /rubs hands and cackles gleefully
  13. Bilderov Augur

Yay, handout free 100 heroic characters the week after you nerf the exp cap so they don't level as quickly.
  14. Xanbar Augur

How does one claim the Heroic character? I see nothing in "/claim". The character selection screen shows Heroic 0. I am "All Access".
  15. Oberan Elder

You don't claim it.. It just appears in your list of upgrade options for a character when a subscribed account logs in (hit I and look at the dropdown list of heroic characters under upgrade). Mine showed up when I logged in)
  16. Gialana Augur

To expand on what Oberan said, the heroic selector should show Level 85 Heroic - Qty: N. That you're seeing 0 means you have no level 85 heroic upgrades available. This anniversary gives only a level 100 heroic upgrade. Select the drop-down and you should see Level 100 Heroic - Qty: X, where X is at least 1.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Did you by chance login on the Test server? If it works like I've seen it before, the added Heroic won't trigger until you login to a Live/TLP server. You will still get the bauble items on your cursor on Test, since those are per character.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-march-13-2024.296788/

The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.

It seems like either you misread the patch notes, I misread the patch notes, or the patch notes were not written correctly.
  19. Bernel Augur

When I logged to the character select screen, no heroic was shown. When I logged in a character, there was a message at the top of the chat window which said I now had a Heroic token and to log out. I camped back to character select and I see the Heroic 100 available.

In addition, the Goblet of Adventure was not in /claim when I first logged in. It was only after I camped and then logged back in that it showed up in the /claim window.
    Xtor Zadamose likes this.
  20. Bilderov Augur

You're correct. They nerfed the exp as a single source back in December apparently (but they only admitted to it a week or so ago).

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tov-hero-mission-exp-was-greatly-lowered-after-last-patch.296609