download gina

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Mar 15, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Exactly, it's not authorized, it's 3rd party, and it alters gameplay by giving the user advantages that others players don't have.

Y'all can be in denial, but it's technically against their rules.
  2. Covennx Augur

So does adjusting the sensitivity on your mouse, or opening google to search for a walkthrough. I know you are being intentionally obtuse, but in no way can reading a log file, (which is meant to be read, the whole reason of a log file) be against their TOS, whether you use the 3rd party software GINA to read it or the 3rd party software Notepad to read it.
  3. Angahran Augur

It is no more against the rules than using notepad to edit map files.
  4. Angahran Augur

Nothing.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

100% completely wrong.
    GINA in no way, shape or form 'alters gameplay'.
    All it does is read the log file.
    So does Notepad, does that mean using Notepad should get you banned?
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

This has thinking about the site with heatmap. Or whatever.

Some site has dots showing known/reported locations of where a certain enemy is on the map.
    Allakhazam doesn't show it so, it just may have an enemy /loc. but another site does it a lot better, was dots of where certain kind of mob is.

Anyways, another site to have to memorize on top of fan,almars, eqresource, eqtraders, bonzz, adetias, raspers, etc.
    Which of those sites has the enemy locations dotted for me? Gosh I have to go through all these sites because I'm doing some CotF and I can't find where these mob is location or something.
    **bad game design when you spend a lotta trying find the mob location especially if its CotF HA or something.

Anyways, maps. People be talking boxing, mob finder, gina, etc., legal or not legal, all these helper things.

smart map as in you get a quest and it hides everything but what you need to know.
    smart map it only shows information regarding to the quests you have as active

smart map if it has been done what is it, I'm sure that falls under its OK.

So instead map clutter you see gotta go there gotta here. Which is an issue in EQ, for non consistent playerbase.
    Might be in the quest context, but, you know the outcome who reads quests.
    Maybe the issue with who reads quests is that quests reading needs work, needs to be laid out even nicer. Might not be reading because not nicely written/laid out.

On top of reading quest. People navigating zones with map over everything or staring at the map, so they don't see that object that have to turn right or something to get to the tunnel that has enemies in it. Just show it on the map since they staring at the map, quest context is nothing because they staring at map, not the actual zone.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Allah does show waypoints, map file locations to download etc.

You can also use the search box in your map.

Smart map is Candy Crush for those not smart enough to use a tracker class in EQ.

This was in response to UKK "map" posts.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I stated they do not "authorize" any program, rather they state what a program is and isn't allowed to do. One of the allowed activities is reading log files which is what this does and as it does not actually interact with EQ outside of reading the log files what it does doesn't violate the other rules.
    Angahran likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Its Magelo I think maybe another one too.
    https://eq.magelo.com/quick_search.jspa?keyword=spell

Now scroll all the way down to NPCs.

See an NPC that has known/reported locations, see the blue dots, thats that. Simple.

Anyways smart map, magelo. reported locations of enemies.
    So grabbing that hotzone quest. Where the heck are these mobs at??? Hrmmm.
    7th comment in the allakhazam ahhh someone say theres only 2 or so up at a time, not worth it and the location is here.

Smart map could have gave you location, less relying on 5+ different sites just to play a game.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You have to have a Magelo account to do that so that blows that out of the water. Allah, Fanra, EQ resource (that has quest mapped walk thrus) are all easily accessed without having to make an account or pay.

Don't have to use any smart map or any of these resources. Its in the search on the map in the game. I play a tracker and if you know how, then you can find the mobs

You are right you should not be a tester
  11. uberkingkong Augur

In regards to testing. I play Palword, and they have a notice, they need beta QA testers (thinking not EA people but actual testers).
    They highlight, they should be bug hunting not playing to the beat the game.
    "
    Please note that the testing environment is very important for us to find and eliminate bugs and issues before releasing content to the public, so we would appreciate it if you only signed up if you are committed to the testing.
    The testing branch is not intended for free play or experiencing new content early, so we hope that only those of you genuinely interested in bug hunting and testing will apply.
    "
    I wish our beta was like that. Instead it feels like people just beating the game early. Especially raids.

Gets me thinking about EQ.
    People just in beta to figure out how to beat the game, how to beat raids. Its open to everyone.

It's the little things.
    If everyone already the expansion it takes it outta you, its not the same if everyone knows vs everyone is figuring out it on actual launch, not in beta.
    It's the little things.
    like if there was a smart map, a circle of the enemies are that I gotta get to on the map.
    It's the little things.
    GINA telling you all this information your cooldowns and how beat mobs and being an assistant.
    Its the little things.
    If there is a game guide day 1, it defeats the purpose of exploration. If other people using it, you gotta use it too kind of vibe

If everyone or majority or the players that count are doing it, it takes away the vibe, makes you feel like you gotta be doing it too.

Darn I don't have a dps checker, there is no sticky for it. I don't want to be sent some writeup about it.
    Wheres the 3 minute YouTube videos of GINA, dps checker, etc etc etc
    Straight the point kind.
  12. Pikollo Augur

EQnag is better and being actively worked on/upgraded.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

My wife has a program?
    Conq and Fanra like this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Interesting.

It would be nice if there was an introduction page with screenshots of what it looks like when you start it up, run it, etc. As well as a basic intro to the program.

Right now I would have to download and install it just to get the minimal idea of what it looks like and does.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. FYAD Augur

It's technically against the rules to use Chrome, Spotify and Windows 11, as it is 3rd party software.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Until someone (ANYONE) is banned for using it (and it's not like it's a secret), you are the one in denial.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

As a rule, its a mistake to interpret a weakly defined rule or law in its worst possible sense.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Windows is the 1st party.
    Everything else runs within Windows.
    EQ is the 2nd party using Windows framework of services and APIs.

*edit*
    Also there is no doubt, if you seek to use anything other than Windows and EQ you are seeking an advantage.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

For not EQ, I think that would not be a good rule to follow.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Double negative. Did you mean to say it WOULD be a good rule to follow?